Alonso & Hamilton

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Jasko
car driver
car driver

Re: Alonso & Hamilton

Post by Jasko » 09 Aug 2007, 15:31

I agree that Fernando will probably stay at McLaren until the end of 2008. He will not get a seat in another top team easily - Ferrari is already paying ~$50M a year for Kimi, BMW is not there yet (and who knows if they will ever be at the top - see Toyota and Honda), and a return to Renault doesn't guarantee success either. Joining an emerging team is also a huge risk, as could be seen with Villeneuve's involvement at BAR. Fernando knew that McLaren will be the car to beat for the next few years and made a logical choice. IMO he will stay for another year - maybe someone else will be at the top then and will have a free seat for Alonso.

justme_2607
car driver
car driver

Post by justme_2607 » 09 Aug 2007, 16:32

Jean Todt said he wouldn't receive Alonso in Ferrari during his work there, besides he's happy with Kimi and Felipe... I think FA will go back at Renault and Briatore will be with his wide open arms...and Ron Dennis won't let go his wonder boy to another team...

jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by jana7i » 09 Aug 2007, 20:15

devereux wrote:could alonso join ferrari? massa out fernando in. i dont think alonso would wanna join kimi though, it'd probably be worse for him there than at mclaren. i like how kimi doesnt care who his teamate is, i guess its coz he knows he's probably the strongest driver out there
i think all top drivers think that way, not only kimi.
!cool!!!!
and you are right, i dont think alonso would leave hamilton and join kimi!!!

if u ask me, i would rather see Alonso heading the BMW team. so we have a driver leading each team in the top three:
kimi--> ferrari
hamilton--> mclaren
alonso-->BMW

anyways, i dont think alonso is going to leave Mclaren. unless something big happens in the next coming races

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 10 Aug 2007, 17:26

This is new one:

Hamilton: I'm not at war with Fernando.
http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~1~id~152657.htm

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

UPDATED: No 'F-word' exchange in Hungary

Post by newtrex » 11 Aug 2007, 08:14

UPDATED:

No 'F-word' exchange in Hungary
Press commentary incorrect

Aug.10 (GMM) Lewis Hamilton and his McLaren team insist that the British rookie did not use the 'F-word' at the recent Hungarian grand prix.

The information was sent to the media by McLaren in the form of an official statement, after press commentary in recent days criticised the 22-year-old championship leader for reportedly arguing with his team boss Ron Dennis during qualifying at the Hungaroring.

In McLaren's latest complaint about the F1 press, the statement referred to "inaccurate and misleading reports" about Hamilton and Dennis' apparently foul-mouthed exchange.

"The team have investigated this claim and reviewed the radio transmissions and we can categorically confirm that Lewis did not use the 'F word' at any time during any conversation with the team," the statement read.

Hamilton was also quoted as rejecting media claims of a 'war' with his teammate Fernando Alonso, insisting that the pair are "fiercely competitive and respectful of each other".

The official statement revealed that the pair's apparent silence stand-off is now at an end, after they have "spoken since the weekend".

"In fact, Fernando and I plan to meet up over the holiday period," Hamilton also said in the statement.

He continued: "It is disappointing that inflammatory and untrue material is given to the media and published which may damage reputations. This inflammatory material is then commentated on by many others as if it is factual.

"Whilst I wouldn't normally communicate through press statements, I felt it important to set this matter straight."

jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: UPDATED: No 'F-word' exchange in Hungary

Post by jana7i » 13 Aug 2007, 06:50

newtrex wrote:UPDATED:

No 'F-word' exchange in Hungary
Press commentary incorrect

Aug.10 (GMM) Lewis Hamilton and his McLaren team insist that the British rookie did not use the 'F-word' at the recent Hungarian grand prix.

The information was sent to the media by McLaren in the form of an official statement, after press commentary in recent days criticised the 22-year-old championship leader for reportedly arguing with his team boss Ron Dennis during qualifying at the Hungaroring.

In McLaren's latest complaint about the F1 press, the statement referred to "inaccurate and misleading reports" about Hamilton and Dennis' apparently foul-mouthed exchange.

"The team have investigated this claim and reviewed the radio transmissions and we can categorically confirm that Lewis did not use the 'F word' at any time during any conversation with the team," the statement read.

Hamilton was also quoted as rejecting media claims of a 'war' with his teammate Fernando Alonso, insisting that the pair are "fiercely competitive and respectful of each other".

The official statement revealed that the pair's apparent silence stand-off is now at an end, after they have "spoken since the weekend".

"In fact, Fernando and I plan to meet up over the holiday period," Hamilton also said in the statement.

He continued: "It is disappointing that inflammatory and untrue material is given to the media and published which may damage reputations. This inflammatory material is then commentated on by many others as if it is factual.

"Whilst I wouldn't normally communicate through press statements, I felt it important to set this matter straight."
but to be honest, i think he did say the F-word.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 13 Aug 2007, 09:25

Yeah McLaren are bound to come out and say he didn't say it to keep people out of their business... He probably did, I'm not sure if I believe it was in the heat of the moment, or whether its because he's a moron !grin! :@:2 but I do believe he said it and probably wishes he hadn't (or that he could get away with it :p )...

Hewitt
car driver
car driver

Post by Hewitt » 26 Aug 2007, 19:27

He obviously didn't say it, he seems genuine and would own up to it i think, as for Alonso, he did this in a different way last year when he started blaming Fisichella and Renault for not helping even though Fisichella was never consistently competitive, I hate the way he thinks he got 6 tenths for mclaren all by himself, Hamilton's right, theres a 1000 people at the factory, everyone has contributed to the time not just Alonso - too arrogant, really hope either Hamilton or one of the ferrari's wins the WDC.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 27 Aug 2007, 18:44

Hewitt wrote:He obviously didn't say it, he seems genuine and would own up to it i think, as for Alonso, he did this in a different way last year when he started blaming Fisichella and Renault for not helping even though Fisichella was never consistently competitive, I hate the way he thinks he got 6 tenths for mclaren all by himself, Hamilton's right, theres a 1000 people at the factory, everyone has contributed to the time not just Alonso - too arrogant, really hope either Hamilton or one of the ferrari's wins the WDC.
I know I'm meant to be unbiased about these kind of things but I'm sorry Hamilton is smart enough to say things he knows others want to hear...

OK I agree Alonso has a big ego and is a pain in the butt I'm a Fisico fan I had to live through it last year...

But the reason there is so much friction between the two of them is because they BOTH have big egos... I watched a bit of this music programme someone uploaded onto YouTube with Hamilton in it where instead of talking like a normal person he started speaking in Gangster talk :roll:: ...

Alonso brought more to McLaren then Hamilton did because he was a F1 driver anyway, it was arrogant and cocky to say he brought 0.5secs to the team but he would have brought something to the team... He's also got the right to be cocky as a World Champion... Hamilton needs to play the team game because he's not gonna be very attractive to other teams when he decides to leave McLaren if he becomes cocky before the end of his rookie year... Who wants another JV around the place :p ... Plus if Hamilton starts saying he's done something like that people would laugh him out of the building whereas other fans (Renault fans or people who can't get their heads around Maccas transformation this year from lasts) will agree with Alonso on it...

Of course Hamilton will disagree and play the 'team' game, but I wonder how long he'll stick around if McLaren found themselves in deep DEEP trouble... As I always say you win as a team and lose as a team, but for both Hamilton and Alonso they'll only stay aslong as they are winning as a team, when they are losing it'll be McLarens fault not theirs...

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 27 Aug 2007, 19:05

Nice post Dark_fisico!

Hamilton - Alonso - Mclaren combination is like 3 negative charge repelling each other :lol:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

tvianna
kart driver
kart driver

Post by tvianna » 28 Aug 2007, 04:49

Well... I think Alonso has some reason. I don't believe that McLaren would be so strong this year without him. But he can't complain about the competition with Hamilton. If he is the great driver we all believe, he must show it.
I think he did not expect that Hamilton could be that fast in his first year. But now it's time to settle down, forget about the politics and care only about with his driving.

flatstick
car driver
car driver

Post by flatstick » 28 Aug 2007, 19:46

My belief is that both drivers are critical to McLaren's success. Having two "leaders" is a rare and amazing opportunity for a good team.

Imagine if Tiger Woods had a strong opponent a notch ahead of him when he became a pro. Tiger drove himself to glory. But with a real foe like Alonso to contend with who knows how much quicker, and to what even higher level he would have raised the bar in golf.

I love the fact that Lewis and Alonso can duke it out in the same car, and we can really see them compete on the most level playing field you will ever see in motor racing.

Unlike the more devisive karma that Ferrari has typically fostered, I believe McLaren has done a great job of letting these two fight it out on the track.

Sure the press can mix it up... and Alonso has some heat under the collar from time to time... but the proof is on the track, where it counts, and where it should be!

Imagine the pressure Lewis is felling, let's see how he holds up. :T:@

Hewitt
car driver
car driver

Post by Hewitt » 31 Aug 2007, 11:48

To be honest, I kind of hate the rivalry now, ITV is seriously starting to get on my nerves, I'm getting sick of mclaren and its made me want one of the ferrari's to win the championship, I was unbiased at the start of the season, I hoped kimi could win after melbourne. I then started to support Hamilton, but then after going to silverstone and seeing how the crowd behaved towards him sickened me, he had done like 8 races and they gave him a standing ovation! The press has now put too much pressure on both drivers, they should have probably not had equal rights in the cars and its backfired just like it did in the 80s. Obviously Ron Dennis doesn't learn from his mistakes. The Hungary incident may cost the team the constructors championship. Anway I'm supporting ferrari from now on, Massa or Raikkonen for the title and I hope Mclaren don't get either.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 31 Aug 2007, 14:03

Hewitt wrote:To be honest, I kind of hate the rivalry now, ITV is seriously starting to get on my nerves, I'm getting sick of mclaren and its made me want one of the ferrari's to win the championship
I more and more realize how lucky I am to live in a country with unbiased F1 commentary.

They never portrait Alonso as evil personified and as a whiner, nor do they proclaim Hamilton as the second coming of Christ, but give both drivers credit when credit's due and discuss the situation whitin McLaren professionally and without hidden agendas.

I don't think I could stand ITV for a minute, I'd switch the sound off. :roll::
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 01 Sep 2007, 09:19

Suntrek wrote:
Hewitt wrote:To be honest, I kind of hate the rivalry now, ITV is seriously starting to get on my nerves, I'm getting sick of mclaren and its made me want one of the ferrari's to win the championship
I more and more realize how lucky I am to live in a country with unbiased F1 commentary.

They never portrait Alonso as evil personified and as a whiner, nor do they proclaim Hamilton as the second coming of Christ, but give both drivers credit when credit's due and discuss the situation whitin McLaren professionally and without hidden agendas.

I don't think I could stand ITV for a minute, I'd switch the sound off. :roll::
OMG unbiased commentary right I'm migrating !grin! ...
My belief is that both drivers are critical to McLaren's success. Having two "leaders" is a rare and amazing opportunity for a good team.
It really isn't that good... Like sure sometimes its a good thing and it helps BUT they need to be able to work as leaders... Alonso AND Hamilton haven't really been showing that they are much more then children sometimes :@:2 and I'm a Alonso fan so thats kinda hard for me to say... But its true (and it was last year) and Ron needs to sort it out because they COULD be great for McLaren, but I don't see them doing much more then rip them apart like Prost and Senna managed to do...