Alonso & Hamilton

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
bleeding eye
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Alonso & Hamilton

Post by bleeding eye » 07 Aug 2007, 11:33

whats going one between those two? since saturday they didn't talked to each other.
or is it just the media who wants te make a good story?
Alonso said he doesn't want to be with mclaren anymore and he has already talked with flavio to come back to renault voor 2008, maybe even this season. and bmw want alonso.
and ferrari wants hamilton. they want to make him the best paid sportsmen..

Ron Dennis has had enough with these two he said. but is it realy true or is he emotional( maybe the court with ferrari?)
What do you think?
Hamilton is a mclaren man. i dont see him leave mclaren.
Battles are won by those with the courage to believe.
They are won by those who find a heart, find a heart to share.

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Alonso & Hamilton

Post by phillyred79 » 07 Aug 2007, 12:44

Don't let the press fool you. Ron Dennis is simply delighted to have arguably the two best drivers in F1 right now. He has the reigning F1 WC and a young man who has all the markings of a future multiple F1 WC. Ultimately a team doesn't have room for two #1s (prost/senna???!) so I wish Ron Dennis luck. Hamilton won't settle for #2 and neither will Alonso. The 'problem' is that no one expected LH to have such an explosive start and minus a few wins/podiums LH probably wouldn't mind playing second fiddle to AF.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 07 Aug 2007, 15:58

a good solution it think would be, fernando as number 1 this year and next year then lewis be given the chance in 2009. provided that both drivers agree and mclaren will still be competitive by then :shhh: Flag:## Flag:## Flag:## Flag:## Flag:##

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 07 Aug 2007, 16:14

remember malaysia 2007? mclaren 1-2?

i'm a die-hard mclaren fan and when i saw that moment in malaysia, i was really touched. i hope things would end up ok asap :T:@
Last edited by megasyxx on 07 Aug 2007, 17:04, edited 3 times in total.

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 07 Aug 2007, 16:39

I do hope these problems will go away but how do you control the world champion and a rookie who has the capability of becoming world champion, they are both very competetive but the other problem is how to solve it in a way that everybody is happy?

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 07 Aug 2007, 17:06

dazmoffman wrote:I do hope these problems will go away but how do you control the world champion and a rookie who has the capability of becoming world champion, they are both very competetive but the other problem is how to solve it in a way that everybody is happy?
i think the driver equality is the problem, mclaren would have produced more world drivers champions if not for that.

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 07 Aug 2007, 17:35

megasyxx wrote:a good solution it think would be, fernando as number 1 this year and next year then lewis be given the chance in 2009. provided that both drivers agree and mclaren will still be competitive by then :shhh: Flag:## Flag:## Flag:## Flag:## Flag:##
I dont think this will happen... Simply because both has EGO problem... Hamilton will not let alonso win WC without fighting and vice versa... May be one need to go to other team...

But it is always like that in McLaren Prost/Senna, Kimi/Montoya (although they didnt win) but those did not last too long..

so McLaren should concentrate on one driver policy (like mika hakkinen / David Coulthard)

If alonso leaves he will try to pull off like schumi ( go to BMW or Toyota/Honda) or may be he can go back to Renault...

Personally I dont think Hamilton will leave McLaren in near future...

mirek01
kart driver
kart driver

Post by mirek01 » 07 Aug 2007, 20:02

newtrex wrote:
megasyxx wrote:a good solution it think would be, fernando as number 1 this year and next year then lewis be given the chance in 2009. provided that both drivers agree and mclaren will still be competitive by then :shhh: Flag:## Flag:## Flag:## Flag:## Flag:##
I dont think this will happen... Simply because both has EGO problem... Hamilton will not let alonso win WC without fighting and vice versa... May be one need to go to other team...

But it is always like that in McLaren Prost/Senna, Kimi/Montoya (although they didnt win) but those did not last too long..

so McLaren should concentrate on one driver policy (like mika hakkinen / David Coulthard)

If alonso leaves he will try to pull off like schumi ( go to BMW or Toyota/Honda) or may be he can go back to Renault...

Personally I don't think Hamilton will leave McLaren in near future...
I agree with you. I think Hakkinen/Coulthard was best pairing in McLaren. Alonso has no future in that team he has to go to another. Hamilton will stay at McLaren. Hamilton is benefiting from Alonso but he didn't realized that so far. He was going in Silverstone own way setting the car and was nowhere. Alonso told earlier that he is working on setup and that is going to Hamilton so it is hard to fight with clone. I was behind FIA to penalize Alonso and McLaren and I stay with that but I think from that situation Alonso is the winner, he has people behind him and me. I say that both are good drivers but Hamilton has to respect sometimes his own boss , own teammate and learn from others , for him everything coming to easy.

bleeding eye
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by bleeding eye » 08 Aug 2007, 07:39

I just readed that Alonso is leaving mclaren at the end of the season
Ferrari Renault and BMW want him.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 08 Aug 2007, 08:10

Alonso would formerly announce if he was leaving...

It was his weapon last year announcing the McLaren deal before the season had began... When things didn't go his way he threw a tantrum and got his own way again... I think since it kinda worked at Renault he'd try it at McLaren, but I don't see him leaving quite yet... If he was he would have said it in an interview by now... Not one to keep his professional future quite :p ...

bleeding eye
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by bleeding eye » 08 Aug 2007, 08:16

in a couple of days there wil be a official announcement

devereux
kart driver
kart driver

Post by devereux » 08 Aug 2007, 23:05

could alonso join ferrari? massa out fernando in. i dont think alonso would wanna join kimi though, it'd probably be worse for him there than at mclaren. i like how kimi doesnt care who his teamate is, i guess its coz he knows he's probably the strongest driver out there

roger
kart driver
kart driver

Post by roger » 09 Aug 2007, 09:44

all drivers go through rough patches within their team i guess it is just a matter of how severe they are. but we the supporters could see this as a gain. these incidents could fuel each drivers passion to win (if they let their driving do the talking, and not try to kill each other on the track) we may see overtaking moves and driving like we use to see 10 years ago wher the drivers would overtake each other more than once in a lap and more aggresive driving.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 09 Aug 2007, 12:10

nah....i think fernando will stay at mclaren

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 09 Aug 2007, 12:30

Fernando will stay at McLaren until he finds it absolutely impossible - for whatever reason - to do so. Norbert Haug affirmed just the other day that Fernando intends to stay.

McLaren has also a very good reason for doing their utmost to keep him - two of their greatest sponsors are Spanish, Santander and MM will hardly find it amusing if Fernando feels he has to leave before his contract expires.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.