BS!!! What the FIA did to Alonso and Mclaren.

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: BS!!! What the FIA did to Alonso and Mclaren.

Post by dazmoffman » 06 Aug 2007, 15:25

i belive the fia have to get involved and deal out punishment otherwise whats to stop alonso,hamiltom,massa or any other driver putting in the fastest lap and then just parking the car on the pits so a team mate cannot refuel/change tyres at all after fuel burning phase in Q3. yes i know its an extreme example but if there is no punishment you could get away with it

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 06 Aug 2007, 16:42

Alonso didn't do anything wrong in that situation, I believe what he said about he was chatting with the team those 10 extra seconds, it shoud have been Hamilton who have had that penalty. ''hmm'' ''hmm'' ''hmm''

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 06 Aug 2007, 17:24

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:Alonso didn't do anything wrong in that situation, I believe what he said about he was chatting with the team those 10 extra seconds, it shoud have been Hamilton who have had that penalty. ''hmm'' ''hmm'' ''hmm''
Chatting with the team huh? Well I'm sure the recorded radio transmissions between Alonso and McLaren can establish what was or wasn't said. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXUqRqTbKMg Alonso clearly had the green light from the team and there were only 4 other cars on the track (if I remember correctly) during this point.

I think there will definitely be some rule changes for team pitting regulations during qualifying. If the rule already isn't in place might I suggest that cars coming in for pit lane work must leave the moment they completed their servicing or else PARK IT nose first in the garage!

Another thing, the moment Hamilton left the pits he had something like 1:22 to make it around to the start/finish to get his final flying lap in and I would imagine McLaren must know time frame/window of opportunity for a driver to get on the track and have another crack at it so... Those precious seconds that Alonso sat there clearly not only crippled Hamilton's opportunity, but the McLaren team's in general. You have to acknowledge that Ron Dennis would want both drivers to have every opportunity possible to get his drivers in the top slots. And they were, before the FIA ruling I realize. I dunno. It's hard to cheer for a team as a whole when you have this kind of drama unfolding. The racing gods smiled on LH though. whew!

lmcsp
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lmcsp » 07 Aug 2007, 05:12

For some reason this image was not embedding - so just click on it ..
Last edited by lmcsp on 07 Aug 2007, 07:17, edited 1 time in total.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 07 Aug 2007, 07:01

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:Alonso didn't do anything wrong in that situation, I believe what he said about he was chatting with the team those 10 extra seconds, it shoud have been Hamilton who have had that penalty. ''hmm'' ''hmm'' ''hmm''
another question.

If mclaren set used tires on final pit-stop, why mclaren said to enter pit. Alonso had "used" (2 laps) tires set when he makes his first attemp to pole, he can be on track and try 2 or 3 more laps. He goes pit, 1 lap to enter pit + 1 lap to exit pit + 1 lap to get pole.

kurutta
car driver
car driver

Post by kurutta » 07 Aug 2007, 11:06

I personally think Mclaren shouldn't have been penalised and Alonso should have been to the back of the grid. The FIA clearly believes that Alonso's actions were deliberate and prevented a driver from doing his last qualifying attempt, therefore, the punishment should be similar, if not the same, as Michael Schumacher in Monaco last year.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 07 Aug 2007, 11:08

kurutta wrote:I personally think Mclaren shouldn't have been penalised and Alonso should have been to the back of the grid. The FIA clearly believes that Alonso's actions were deliberate and prevented a driver from doing his last qualifying attempt, therefore, the punishment should be similar, if not the same, as Michael Schumacher in Monaco last year.
If FIA believes that why they penalised McLaren?

Maybe FIA believes Alonso and then penalised McLaren

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 07 Aug 2007, 11:25

slim wrote:lewis hamilton may have started it by ignoring team instructions earlier in q3, but you can't deny the fact that alonso held lewis up which denied him the chance to beat alonso.
also, team orders are illegal so lewis' actions are only punishable internally, not by the fia.
well, that is my view of what happened and if i am correct then i don't think the penalty on alonso was unfair at all.
i think penalising the team is a little unfair though as they already have the problem of dealing with drivers that do not obey their bosses and it seems a little like they are kicking them when they are down...
well you aren't correct, the 'team orders' is put in place to allow the drivers this is how mclaren manages their qualifying programme...one race lewis will be allowed to go out first, the next race alonso will be given that opportunity, but this race it was alonso's turn to have this advantage since lewis was the one who benefited last time, but lewis did not let alonso to go in front, this is what most people need to realise, all the news reports on tv and newspapers don't even recognise that lewis had actually done something, so they lay all the blame on alonso

team orders in qualifying is not the same as team orders in the race
mm tofu

tvianna
kart driver
kart driver

Post by tvianna » 07 Aug 2007, 18:35

I think that the penalty was correct. They are two contenders for the championship and doesn't matter if they are teammates or not. Alonso delayed Hamilton and in to me there is no difference between blocking on the pits or on the track.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 07 Aug 2007, 18:47

tvianna wrote:I think that the penalty was correct. They are two contenders for the championship and doesn't matter if they are teammates or not. Alonso delayed Hamilton and in to me there is no difference between blocking on the pits or on the track.
then hamilton had to be penalized too, because he stole 1 lap on q3 to Alonso. He did to get one more lap on race, so Alonso would pit before him. Another 5 places penalty for him?

z06_23_45
car driver
car driver

Post by z06_23_45 » 07 Aug 2007, 18:50

phillyred79 wrote:I blame the WHOLE thing on Alonso either way. He's been so friggin paranoid about preferential treatment towards Hamilton, and IF he did delay his departure from the pits then he got what he deserved. I don't agree with McLaren as a team being penalized with no constructor's points. I think the FIA is treading dangerous waters with trying to govern internal team politics. If you had TWO Lewis Hamiltons on this team it would never have happened. LH is a stand-up guy and is only asking for his fair shot at becoming WC. It was a bitter-sweet victory and with more than half the season over with I predict even more fireworks.

Hamilton, a stand up guy? If he was such a stand up guy he wouldn't have fu##ed Alonso by not letting him by in Q3. He is definitely the favorite of Ron Dennis and gets preferential treatment by the team. PERIOD.

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 07 Aug 2007, 20:27

Alonso was the first one to 'cry wolf.'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 751923.stm

LH's actions/words as of lately should come of no surprise.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 08 Aug 2007, 08:23

phillyred79 wrote:I blame the WHOLE thing on Alonso either way. He's been so friggin paranoid about preferential treatment towards Hamilton, and IF he did delay his departure from the pits then he got what he deserved. I don't agree with McLaren as a team being penalized with no constructor's points. I think the FIA is treading dangerous waters with trying to govern internal team politics. If you had TWO Lewis Hamiltons on this team it would never have happened. LH is a stand-up guy and is only asking for his fair shot at becoming WC. It was a bitter-sweet victory and with more than half the season over with I predict even more fireworks.
If you had TWO Hamiltons on a team... Well it would be totally awful... Hamilton is smart, he knows the British press love him and that the press can make and brake decissions in F1... He uses his rookieness to make him look innocent... He's clever in a way that Alonso never could have been... Don't get me wrong because it takes b*** to say what he did when he was a kid to Dennis BUT it also shows his arrogance at a young age... An arrogance that was able to build because he then became a McLaren sponsered driver... NOW because he's grown up in Britian and seen the power of propeganda and the lack of 'British hero' he is able to play that as his trump card and use it well he does...

Alonso on the other hand does not 'court' the press... Because of the lack of interest in Spain before Alonso he wouldn't have known the way that the press can twist peoples views... If enough people believe something then the pressure of working towards that view will be too great for the FIA... Because England in general has a lack of sporting grandess you have people who last year though F1 was boring because it was cars that just went around in circles and don't know the difference between qualifying and racing, now support Hamilton just so WHEN he wins they can say 'Oh yeah I support OUR Lewis, he's brilliant isn't he'... They have no respect for the other drivers, just like Hamilton has little respect for them... But because theres so many of them its hard to get any other point through other then pro-Hamilton ones...

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 08 Aug 2007, 08:40

Dark_Fisico wrote:Hamilton is smart, he knows the British press love him ....
British press love Button before Hamilton. BUTTON!!!, ufff, is a awesome driver that get to win a race on his live

Button said (before first Alonso championship) that he is better than Alonso and Alonso will never win anything. British press wrote this in thousend articles. Time give the truth, and Button had to close his mouth. Now he fight every race to be on top-10.

British press don't know about what there are talking. If they say black. BID for RED!!!, you sure win.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 08 Aug 2007, 08:47

dacer wrote:
Dark_Fisico wrote:Hamilton is smart, he knows the British press love him ....
British press love Button before Hamilton. BUTTON!!!, ufff, is a awesome driver that get to win a race on his live

Button said (before first Alonso championship) that he is better than Alonso and Alonso will never win anything. British press wrote this in thousend articles. Time give the truth, and Button had to close his mouth. Now he fight every race to be on top-10.

British press don't know about what there are talking. If they say black. BID for RED!!!, you sure win.
Thats my point... The British press claim every British athelete will be this and that... The only thing is through Buttons career he never drove a McLaren or a car equal to a McLaren AND he atleast has manners and not quite as smart as Lewis...

But with the British press behind someone in a McLaren come on... If the British press tell the British public that the FIA are being mean to poor British rookie Lewis Hamilton, who is only trying to win the Championship and playing second fiddle to the big mean nasty Spanish Alonso, well the British will be in uproar, and half the people who will be outraged don't even like F1... It doesn't HAVE to be real, it doesn't HAVE to be right, but fans need the press to tell us SOMETHING about F1... And some people decide to listen to it and believe Hamilton is as white as white, and others know not to listen and make their own minds up, reading between the lines of many articles and say what they really feel...