Lotus, the E21, Kimi and Romain!

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2012 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by François » 11 Jul 2012, 06:13

I'm sorry but you're all wrong

They're gonna win a race cuz they've got the coolest-looking car

That is all

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 11 Jul 2012, 08:21

François wrote:I'm sorry but you're all wrong

They're gonna win a race cuz they've got the coolest-looking car

That is all
I hoped they would make more of The Dark Knight Rises sponsorship for silverstone. I mean, they didnt exactly 'Rise' to the occassion again!

They remind me abit of Toyota or BMW now, sometimes they would be right up there but just couldnt get the win, even if it was theirs for the taking they just didnt have that final push, whether its driver error or team error. Someone else would always get it from them. When RB werent up there, ferrari stole it from them. When ferrari werent there, RB stole it from them, when neither of those two were there, Mercedes or mclaren stole it from them.

Lotus have consistently been 3rd best team in the race as others fluctuated up and down, when they had the opportunity with the best car to win. Still say Spa is kimi's track, and its got to be the last chance Lotus have now.

rising
car driver
car driver

Post by rising » 11 Jul 2012, 15:44

Lotus should won a race by now their car has been good , Grosjean has been good but has been involved to many first lap incidents and Kimi as been decent nothing spectacular he doesn't seem have full confidence in car he struggling bit to pass and also I think their other main problem is qualifying they are not qualifying that well

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Lotus, the E20, Kimi and Romain!

Post by mikhailv » 11 Jul 2012, 17:05

rising wrote:Lotus should won a race by now their car has been good , Grosjean has been good but has been involved to many first lap incidents and Kimi as been decent nothing spectacular he doesn't seem have full confidence in car he struggling bit to pass and also I think their other main problem is qualifying they are not qualifying that well
I think Grosjean has been very unlucky this season. but your right, Lotus' weak spot is qualifying. Grosjean has outqualified kimi overall this season. Grosjean had two mistakes; Malaysia and Monaco. Australia was unlucky and so was Valencia. He hasnt finished outside the top 6 and did a great job in Silverstone.

its just, Lotus are MISSING something. Neither driver can nail consistency up front. Neither driver has the team making the right decisions for them. The two components just arent gelling. Kimi still doesnt like power steering, he seems hesistant in overtaking and just like in 2008; he comes alive right at the end. Kimi has scored in every round bar China, but he fluctuates from his 2nd and 3rd, to two 5ths and then its the bottom end of the points. Grosjean has never finished outside the top 6 apart from total retirement.

The beginning of the season had the uncertainty, at least 2 top teams faltered at the start, now the gaps and the order has stabilised; RB, Ferrari, Merc/Mclaren/Lotus, Sauber/williams/Force India, toro rosso and the back markers. Lotus has missed its chance now I believe apart from Kimi pulling his magic at Spa. They didnt take advantage of others faultering at the start, and now thats going to punish them this season.

Ferrari are 2nd in the constructors with basically 1 driver for 6 races scoring points. Thats scary.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: Lotus, the E20, Kimi and Romain!

Post by iceman1 » 11 Jul 2012, 17:40

If you are a fan of Romain Grosjean. It's your chance to ask him a question through the F1 RACING panel:

http://www.pages05.net/haymarketmediagr ... 5NTc0NzUS1

StratCaster
kart driver
kart driver

Post by StratCaster » 11 Jul 2012, 18:17

I think starting two new drivers in a new car set them back at the beginning a bit compared to the other top teams who have the same line up as last year. Grosjean is fast but still lacks experience, Kimi is experienced but lacks the confidence needed to abuse the limits of the car, by the end of the season they will both be top tier drivers as long as Lotus keeps the cars up to speed with the rest of the field. I think they can fight for this season but next season will be their chance to shine.

ourafilmes
kart driver
kart driver

Post by ourafilmes » 11 Jul 2012, 18:26

I think ± the same and, I have to say, I am enjoying a lot Grosjean´s performance! He is becoming one of my actual favorite drivers! Very nice race last weekend! Still young but with a lot of potential.
And yes, by the end of the year they will be much better!

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 11 Jul 2012, 19:32

Points taken, but unlike Mercedes or McLaren who are usually mess in the race. Lotus are better. They seem to have bits to hold and may be put some decent fights. They still haven't put it together though. Who to blame? both Drivers and Team. IMO with be Alonso they would have won :n

Btw that nothing 'special' developed car is smashing special one's ?Double DRS? IMO Basic things still need work for you rather than adding useless 'special' bluffs. One thing they have consistently is managed tyre wear issues. It's been factor for winning and losing so far this year. IMO That car is better than both drivers. They will win this year .. I guess!!!

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 13 Jul 2012, 13:13

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101169

Is this where Lotus lose their performance bolting some crazy upgrade on the car? Front wing exhaust exits or something. :p

Grosjean will have a 5 place grid penalty for a gearbox change in Germany. :zz:

F1Fan88
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by F1Fan88 » 15 Jul 2012, 10:53

Here's hoping for a 1/2 Lotus weekend preferably with Kimi in first, either way though it'd be great. Fingers crossed for the team. The article isn't terribly helpful though. What exactly do they mean by "interesting changes"?

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 15 Jul 2012, 13:13

I hope for Kimi to win the race and Romain to be second! :) :pray:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 17 Jul 2012, 10:26

Grosjean could've been 6th in the standing behind Raikkonen by 4 points if he didn't make the silly mistakes at the starts :zz:

http://www.f1zone.net/news/grosjean-mal ... 012/14977/

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 17 Jul 2012, 18:33

Suomileijona wrote:I hope for Kimi to win the race and Romain to be second! :) :pray:
Kimi will win in Spa, dont worry :O

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 18 Jul 2012, 06:51

iceman1 wrote:Grosjean could've been 6th in the standing behind Raikkonen by 4 points if he didn't make the silly mistakes at the starts :zz:

What about silly mistakes which team did with Kimi's strategy? :zz:

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 18 Jul 2012, 09:27

amoljoshi wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Grosjean could've been 6th in the standing behind Raikkonen by 4 points if he didn't make the silly mistakes at the starts :zz:

What about silly mistakes which team did with Kimi's strategy? :zz:
The strategies suck too often... :( :<>: