8 - Biggest Surprise

9 - General Comment(s)
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Rate the 2012 European Grand Prix

Post by donald29 » 24 Jun 2012, 15:35

1 - Best Driver: Vettel didn't put a foot wrong, but has to be Alonso. Winning from 13th at Valencia, great move on Grosjean and supreme around the time of the first stops.

2 - Best Team: Force India.
3 - Best Overtake: Grosjean on Hamilton.
4 - Best Moment: Realising Schumacher was going to be P3.
5 - Worst Driver: Vergne.
6 - Worst Team: Red Bull.
7 - Best Rookie: Grosjean.
8 - Biggest Surprise: Schumacher on the podium. Did not look on until the penultimate lap. When he was out on worn softs behind the safety car I thought he was screwed.

9 - General Comment(s): Great race and was very very happy to see Schumacher on the podium. It was unexpected and through a higher than normal (for modern F1) level of attrition but Schumacher has has a higher than normal rate of problems himself this season. Am waiting to see if the stewards do anything regarding the yellow flags, but even if he does get penalised it was still a great moment.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 Jun 2012, 15:42

1 - Best Driver
Fernando Alonso. He was absolutely extraordinary. Some of his moves in the midfield were sensational, his pass on Grosjean opportunistically exquisite. Sebastian was brilliant until the car expired.

2 - Best Team
None really. Mercedes's strategy was good, as was Red Bull's for getting Webber fourth. Can't blame Red Bull for Vettel's retirement.

3 - Best Overtake
Romain Grosjean on Lewis Hamilton. On the outside of Turn 12. Pastor, take note.

4 - Best Moment
Fernando celebrating with the marshals and fans

5 - Worst Driver
Big list for this one. Vergne for being a tool, Maldonado for similar reasons, Kobayashi for trying to take out F1's Brazilian contingent.

6 - Worst Team
Force India's one stopper was questionable but it worked. Oh yes, McLaren. They wonder why they last won the WCC in 1998.

7 - Best Rookie
RoGro v.2

8 - Biggest Surprise
Alonso's pace.

9 - General Comment(s)
Best Valencia race. 9/10, an F1 classic that felt like the days of old.

Edi96
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Edi96 » 24 Jun 2012, 15:53

1 - Best Driver: Vettel/Alonso/Schumacher/Hülkenberg/Grosjean outperformed their cars
2 - Best Team: Lotus was strong, the car was good enough to win this race.
3 - Best Overtake: Grosjean on Hamilton
4 - Best Moment: Schumacher on podium
5 - Worst Driver: Vergne
6 - Worst Team: McLaren
7 - Best Rookie: Grosjean
8 - Biggest Surprise: Schumacher having a race without any bad luck!
9 - General Comment(s): 10/10. What a race!

Coopz
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Coopz » 24 Jun 2012, 15:57

1 - Best Driver: Hulkenberg - He didn't have KERS for 50 laps and finished 5th. If he had KERS I have no doubt he wouldn't of let Webber and Schumacher through and managed to get a podium. He was 11th when the Safety car came out, brilliant performance and I suspect this is when the tables turn for Hulkenberg's season. He's had bad luck so far.

2 - Best Team: Force India
3 - Best Overtake: Grosjean on Hamilton
4 - Best Moment: The Schumacher train.
5 - Worst Driver: Vergne - Dunno what Brundle sees in him. Can't see him getting far.
6 - Worst Team: McLaren - Pathetic really. Wouldn't blame Hamilton for quitting.
7 - Best Rookie: Grosjean - Feel sorry for him. Great driver, potential World champion no doubt.
8 - Biggest Surprise: RBR screwing Reliability up for once.
9 - General Comment(s): 9/10. Brilliant, Valencia > Barcelona!
Last edited by Coopz on 24 Jun 2012, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.

Ferrari92
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ferrari92 » 24 Jun 2012, 16:07

1 - Best Driver
Alonso/Schumacher/Webber

2 - Best Team
Ferrari and Red Bull. Good strategy with Alonso and Webber. Hard luck for Vettel

3 - Best Overtake
Alonso on Grosjean at the restart

4 - Best Moment
When the safety car come in and all gap drop to 0

5 - Worst Driver
Vergne/Massa/Maldonado

6 - Worst Team
McLaren

8 - Biggest Surprise
Schumacher on the podium and Alonso win
Last edited by Ferrari92 on 24 Jun 2012, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 24 Jun 2012, 19:34

What Phil said, I could just copy and paste. I wanted to give the race an 8 though, as the first part wasn't exciting and it was turning out to be an exact copy of the previous dull races here, but the last part was just crazy.

Proof? A friend texted me how tense and exciting the race was and he NEVER texts me about F1. There's your proof.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 24 Jun 2012, 19:39

1 - Best Driver - Podium guys
2 - Best Team - Lotus
3 - Best Overtake - Alonso on RoGro at restart and RoGro on my man
4 - Best Moment - MSC on podium, Perov in points..
5 - Worst Driver cleary Pastor and Vergne - all incidents could have been avoided easily, but brains and logics were not working
6 - Worst Team - Mclaren and Torro Rosso
7 - Best Rookie - whatever...
8 - Biggest Surprise - Vettel, Roman and Hamilton retiring - very sad

9 - General Comment(s)
Race was very good, but im massively pissed because of stupid Maldonado, and couldnt enyoy MSC P3. Mann i sweared everything i could to Pastor. But ill get over it tomorrow, but 15 pts gone...

9 of 10, but still dont have good opinion about this track, 4 were of them were pretty poor

Lets move on to Silverstone...

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 24 Jun 2012, 20:49

My Ratings (Courtesy of Sir Phil)
phil1993 wrote: 1 - Best Driver
Fernando Alonso. He was absolutely extraordinary. Some of his moves in the midfield were sensational, his pass on Grosjean opportunistically exquisite. Sebastian was brilliant until the car expired.

2 - Best Team
None really. Mercedes's strategy was good, as was Red Bull's for getting Webber fourth. Can't blame Red Bull for Vettel's retirement.

3 - Best Overtake
Romain Grosjean on Lewis Hamilton. On the outside of Turn 12. Pastor, take note.

4 - Best Moment
Fernando celebrating with the marshals and fans

5 - Worst Driver
Big list for this one. Vergne for being a tool, Maldonado for similar reasons, Kobayashi for trying to take out F1's Brazilian contingent.

6 - Worst Team
Force India's one stopper was questionable but it worked. Oh yes, McLaren. They wonder why they last won the WCC in 1998.

7 - Best Rookie
RoGro v.2

8 - Biggest Surprise
Alonso's pace.

9 - General Comment(s)
Best Valencia race. 9/10, an F1 classic that felt like the days of old.
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 24 Jun 2012, 21:38

1 - Best Driver
Vettel and Alonso. Vettel was on the way to his second grand slam after India last year until the safety car ruined everything. :( But without the safety car, we would've seen a boring race.

2 - Best Team
Force India was pretty good. 5th and 7th

3 - Best Overtake
Grosjean on Hamilton

4 - Best Moment
Schumacher finishing third :)

5 - Worst Driver
Jean Eric Vergne

6 - Worst Team
Toro Rosso

7 - Best Rookie
?

8 - Biggest Surprise
Schumacher finishing on the podium. It looked like he won't score points again over half of the race, but his second pit stop changed everything.

9 - General Comment(s)
Very exciting race, especially for Valencia 9/10
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

StratCaster
kart driver
kart driver

Post by StratCaster » 25 Jun 2012, 05:21

1 - Best Driver: Alonso, nobody could have done what he did today. Although I think he would have ended up 3rd if the Renault engines had held up, luck made the man today.
2 - Best Team: Red Bull clearly had the strategy to keep both boys in the fight, Force India has shown greatly improved speed and Sauber is very consistently in the mix this year.
3 - Best Overtake: RoGro on Hamilton, so clean
4 - Best Moment: Safety Car
5 - Worst Driver: Vergne for running into Kovalainen
6 - Worst Team: Toro Rosso is falling from grace...
7 - Best Rookie: RoGro, if he wasn't a rookie he'd be my best driver choice. The man comes leaps and bounds every race.
8 - Biggest Surprise: Renault engine failures

9 - General Comment(s)
Old age and treachery trumped youth and exuberance today. I will be ecstatic when Caterham scores some points and Lotus gets a win (hopefully at least a pair by the end of the season, one for each). I'm rooting against Alonso but if he comes out on top this year he has definitely earned it, much respect to him as always.

Everybody is quick to throw Maldonado off of a cliff but looking at the incident objectively Hamilton is no saint and was clearly intent on keeping Maldonado off track for his own advantage. Maldonado is not making any friends and karma will come back around if that is what he deserves, but for right now cut the kid some slack and start grilling Hamilton why he didn't leave any space. Just drivers being drivers in my opinion, they've both been punished enough for one incident.

Also I'm most definitely a Grosjean fan now, can't wait for his season to shine. I have a hunch it will be soon, I think it's likely he'll be in a championship car within the next 3 years, if not one right now. Sadly Kimi is not doing as well, at the moment I can attribute it to still getting up to speed with a new car that was developed without him at a team he is still becoming familiar with (he seems to lack confidence, which would likely change next year with the car being designed with his input), however the car has the pace to win and if he doesn't capitalize soon his return could be much shorter than Schumacher's, being consistently outperformed (at least in terms of raw speed) by Grosjean isn't doing him any favors.

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 25 Jun 2012, 07:47

1 - Best Driver: Alonso - fantastic drive of him, although he had a little bit of luck
2 - Best Team: Red Bull - they had a very strong car this weekend. The managed to put Webber in 4th from 19th, and Vettel would have won the race by miles
3 - Best Overtake: Grosjean on Lewis, definitely
4 - Best Moment: Schumacher on the podium - and in the press conference :lol:
5 - Worst Driver: Can't decide between Vergne and Maldonado, you may pick one
6 - Worst Team: Toro Rosso
7 - Best Rookie: Grosjean
8 - Biggest Surprise: Webber making 15 places and finishing 4th in the end. For the first half of the race it looked like he was far out of position.

9 - General Comment(s): Best European GP held on Valencia Street Circuit with the best podium of the season so far! (Gave it a 9/10)

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 25 Jun 2012, 08:56

1 - Best Driver. Great weekend for Vettel. Fantastic, and lucky race for Alonso
2 - Best Team. No one of top teams, all have his fault.
3 - Best Overtake. There were a lot of funny, someones impressive at turn 2, outside, and then inside turn 3
4 - Best Moment. After SC
5 - Worst Driver. Heiki and Verge, causing SC
6 - Worst Team. Toro Rosso
7 - Best Rookie
8 - Biggest Surprise

9 - General Comment(s)

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 25 Jun 2012, 09:46

1 - Best Driver
Vettel and Alonso. Going 2 seconds per lap faster than anybody was simply magic! Alonso has shown once again that without the best car ( although the Ferrari is now a very good car ) he can have a shot at a victory! How many drivers does he pass to go from 11th to 1st?

2 - Best Team
Difficult to tell, it was a great race from RedBull, Lotus, Mercedes and Force India

3 - Best Overtake
Grosjean on Hamilton

4 - Best Moment
The podium. Alonso-Raikkonen-Schumacher! Bring back Montoya and I will be very happy :p

5 - Worst Driver
Vergne. Maldonado had a good race until his brain failed ( although I do think that Hamilton forced Maldonado off track )

6 - Worst Team
Toro Rosso

7 - Best Rookie
Charles Pic? He beats Glock fair and square :lol:.

8 - Biggest Surprise
The two Renault-powered leading cars failing with apparently the same problem!

9 - General Comment(s)
When you expect a very boring race and in the end you have THAT race, you can only be happy :p

skywatcher
Donator
Donator

Post by skywatcher » 26 Jun 2012, 11:12

1 - Best Driver - Has to be Vettel and Alonso (too bad for Vettel though, seemed he was running away with the race until the saftey car caught the rest back up, sure it had something to do with his failure.

2 - Best Team - Mercedes, Ferrari for coming back this season from a poor begining to the season.

3 - Best Overtake - Alonso on the restart overtaking Grosjean, his race engineer should have warned him as the BBC said Alonso has that move down pat.

4 - Best Moment - Podium 3 WDC all together again, and all of them drove for Ferrari at one point, pretty cool.

5 - Worst Driver - Vergne and Maldonado (Pastor can't seem to keep his frustration and anger in check when it counts (Monaco anyone)? The fact is Lewis left him no room, and coming back over the curb probably didn't help at the speed they were going.

6 - Worst Team - Torro Rosso

7 - Best Rookie - Pic

8 - Biggest Surprise - Surprised by Qualifying, just how close all the field was really. Hekki making it out of P3, and generally how exciting the whole race was, unusual for this track.

9 - General Comment(s) - Pleasently surprised to see Michael on podium (finally). 3 WDC's on podium was great, it could have gone with any number of three of them. Usually a pretty dull race, this time around was one of the best of the season so far!