No votes

Total votes: 37

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Re: LVI Grand Prix of Europe

Post by MavF1 » 24 Jun 2012, 14:56

So, some additional thoughts:

Kobayashi was looking strong until touching with Senna (not his fault) and crashing into Massa later on was unnecessary.

Vergne. Stupid move.

Another pit stop error from McLaren.

Early in the race, am I right hearing Smedley saying to Massa on the radio sth. along the lines of "We can get points, there's much on the table.". So, Smedley hinting that a good result would be absolutely vital at this race for Massa?
Last edited by MavF1 on 24 Jun 2012, 15:04, edited 2 times in total.

mikedc73
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by mikedc73 » 24 Jun 2012, 14:56

Penalty for Pastor should, be he starts silverstone from the pits......... in Valencia....... :)

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 24 Jun 2012, 15:06

Anyone got the video of Schumacher talking in English when he should have been in German then cracking up when he realised?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 Jun 2012, 15:07

Apparently Marussia is not happy with Timo Glock for not informing them of his illness earlier on as they had d'Ambrosio on standby.

He was ill on Thursday as he cancelled media commitments. It's up to the management to decide IMO.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 24 Jun 2012, 15:10

Given where Petrov was and the crazy race we had, today was the day to have an experienced head like Glock in the car. Shame for him and Marussia.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 Jun 2012, 15:11

"The truth is that I gave it my all in this race, I emptied myself, and I’m satisfied"

No, that's not Glock, it's De La Rosa who said this.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 24 Jun 2012, 15:11

even was nice watch Maria de Villota race on spain. really strange

mikedc73
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by mikedc73 » 24 Jun 2012, 15:12

phil1993 wrote:Apparently Marussia is not happy with Timo Glock for not informing them of his illness earlier on as they had d'Ambrosio on standby.

He was ill on Thursday as he cancelled media commitments. It's up to the management to decide IMO.

Even sick he probably would have driven better than Massa ;)
:n

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 24 Jun 2012, 15:14

Full Hamilton's interview with the journalists. He can't remember what happened. Yes, I believe you :p

"Fastest pitstop of the whole season". Now I believe you :lol:

http://www.mediafire.com/?s0nn45pdxp8zzbl

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 24 Jun 2012, 15:18

JoostLamers wrote:
phil1993 wrote:I think DC's got that right.

In my opinion, Pastor should have taken to the run-off like a couple of guys did in GP2, let him through, then re-pass him. Hamilton's tyres were shot, but that doesn't deny a driver the right to defend.
I also think Hamilton should've driven a wider line like he did with Grosjean, he knew Pastor was off track and he knows how stupid Maldonado is in these situations. But this is a 100% mistake by Maldonado.
After seeing it again, I think it would be more like 80 - 20. If you would be kind to Maldonado, 60 - 40.

Oh yeah, and I have to speak out against race control. Horrible decision not to send out the safety car after Vettel's retirement. Not the first time this year either, remember Grosjean's stricken car in Monaco?
Watching the cars go by a bunch of marshalls at still relatively high speed was terrible. Was actually shouting at the TV when that happened. Some of the very few things me and the RTL commentator agreed on, he also thought that to be too dangerous.

mikedc73
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by mikedc73 » 24 Jun 2012, 15:24

MavF1 wrote:
JoostLamers wrote:

In my opinion, Pastor should have taken to the run-off like a couple of guys did in GP2, let him through, then re-pass him. Hamilton's tyres were shot, but that doesn't deny a driver the right to defend.
I also think Hamilton should've driven a wider line like he did with Grosjean, he knew Pastor was off track and he knows how stupid Maldonado is in these situations. But this is a 100% mistake by Maldonado.
After seeing it again, I think it would be more like 80 - 20. If you would be kind to Maldonado, 60 - 40.

Oh yeah, and I have to speak out against race control. Horrible decision not to send out the safety car after Vettel's retirement. Not the first time this year either, remember Grosjean's stricken car in Monaco?
Watching the cars go by a bunch of marshalls at still relatively high speed was terrible. Was actually shouting at the TV when that happened. Some of the very few things me and the RTL commentator agreed on, he also thought that to be too dangerous.

There was screaming in this house as well. Lucky there was nobody hurt.

The stewards (Charlie) should get a drive through or a ten place for the next race.

mikedc73
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by mikedc73 » 24 Jun 2012, 15:26

Good night all 1:30 in the morning here. Time to go to bed. See you all at Silverstone.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 24 Jun 2012, 15:30

MavF1 wrote:
JoostLamers wrote:

That moment was horrible, I got scared to hell. The worst thing is that they were waiving the green flag right on the marshals position

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 24 Jun 2012, 15:31

mikedc73 wrote:
MavF1 wrote:
JoostLamers wrote:

There was screaming in this house as well. Lucky there was nobody hurt.

The stewards (Charlie) should get a drive through or a ten place for the next race.

It was probably the worst decision of race control I've seen for a long, long time. Just utterly dangerous and quite frankly, stupid.

@donald29

iceman said he could upload the second part of the press conference later.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 24 Jun 2012, 15:40

Ah thanks. :)

A point on Massa which repeats what I said a few weeks ago. He lost some points today through no fault of his own when Kobayashi hit him. He wouldn't have been up there with Alonso, more around Button but still a few points. However, pair this result with Canada where he did lose points through his own fault and his situation only worsens. People point and say 'oh look, Massa down in 16th again' when on this occasion 16th was not representative of his capability. Having said that, he did mess up his Q2 lap which cost him a Q3 spot. He's clearly found a bit of pace, he really needs to do something with it.