2012 Formula One Discussion

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
phil1993

Re: 2012 Formula One Discussion

Post by phil1993 » 30 May 2012, 12:03

I supported Renault during the 'dream team' era too. I loved the Mild Seven livery used from 2002 > 2006.

I don't like Bouiller, but I can understand why he replaced Heidfeld. It was complete bulls** the way he explained it, but the team was in dire financial straits and he first and foremost has to protect the several hundred people who have families to feed.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 30 May 2012, 12:54

phil1993 wrote:I supported Renault during the 'dream team' era too. I loved the Mild Seven livery used from 2002 > 2006.

I don't like Bouiller, but I can understand why he replaced Heidfeld. It was complete bulls** the way he explained it, but the team was in dire financial straits and he first and foremost has to protect the several hundred people who have families to feed.
Yeah, Blue and yellow to me are the modern day icon next to red, silver, black and gold, white and red to be honest. Hated the creme egg ING colours XD. But flav was unforgiving, efficient and did what was necessary in running the team with no excuses. Boullier.... he is just an arse.

I can see why they got rid of Heidfeld too. Its just... out of Petrov and Heidfeld, who would you have? Nick any day for me. Even with those mechanical failures, he was still outperforming Petrov and out scored him, and at the end, Heidfeld would've brought points and money at the end of the year.

I dont get why Genii are there to be honest. I dont get what is in it for them. I mean, Lotus arent funding them anymore, after all those court cases, Genii loses Lotus' sponsorship. So what is the team? A bank. Its basically Genii F1. And they are spending money for nothing. I can only see them selling the team to be honest because I dont get what they are doing in F1.

Another part of me doesn't like boullier because of how he basically said that either Kubica gives them a signature, or they wash their hands of him and wont help him. What a complete b*****d, even if its giving an old car for a few days to help. Id still do it as it was my driver when it happened, regardless. Which leads me onto another thing; They have stopped kimi doing his rallying, along with things like skiing and other sports like that. Kimi hated having a leash on his neck at Mclaren, and I cant see him being happy about that.

Edi96
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Edi96 » 30 May 2012, 13:07

Genii & F1: It's about privileged access to business, financial and political leaders. http://www.be-genii.com/Genii-Business- ... ing-F1.htm

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 30 May 2012, 13:32

Im sure going backwards is worth the business to be honest.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 May 2012, 15:12

Just one thing I thought of - this season so far is reminding me a bit of 2003. Lots of winners (that season had 8) and a champion who had dominated the previous season finding himself a little bit under pressure.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we ended up with a situation like in 2010 when we had four entering the final race in the battle for the title. One guy who is underestimated at the moment is Nico. He had two terrible races to begin with, but he's within a race victory of the top and the Mercedes is very quick. I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps taking a good haul of points and almost, if not, wins the title.

Regarding Lotus, I just don't know. I hope to hell they get out of involvement with Group Lotus but I can't work out how on earth they'd do that. It won't be long before Group Lotus has serious problems because they aren't selling cars and they have too much involvement in too many series. I don't know what Kimi's salary is either? I know he's extraordinarily popular, but there's only so much publicity you can get from that.

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 30 May 2012, 15:25

http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/4185 ... ntroduced/
Ecclestone: KERS should never have been introduced

May 30 (GMM) F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone has admitted he is no fan of KERS, and in fact went on to slam the use of the technology in the sport, while also criticising teams for the amount of trucks and motorhomes used .

Although investigations of the cause are ongoing, Ecclestone went as far as blaming the recent garage fire suffered by Williams after its Barcelona victory on the technology.

“I think the fire was a lot to do with that kinetic energy thing which sparked,” Ecclestone is quoted by F1 business journalist Christian Sylt, according to cityam.com.

“It should never have been introduced. It’s an expensive secret because nobody knows anything about it. The public don’t know and don’t care.”

Ecclestone’s comments come amid speculation of a potential split with the governing FIA over the next Concorde Agreement.

His friend Flavio Briatore admitted in Monaco that he is working on an alternative set of F1 regulations.

Ecclestone is also reportedly opposed to the V6 engine regulation change for 2014, with the new rules requiring cars to be powered only by KERS whilst in the pitlane.

“If the teams reduced the size of their motor homes or the team units they would need less trucks to take them there,” the 81-year-old insisted.

“Mercedes has got I think 22 trucks so if they reduced two of those you wouldn’t need to use electric motors in the pit lane. The trucks are bigger polluters than the cars.

“I’m happy that the teams want to preserve all of that for their sponsors and brand image but they shouldn’t talk rubbish,” Ecclestone charged.

Subbed by AJN.
So, nobody knows anything about KERS. Surely somebody must have known. They don't throw every god damn toaster what they come across into rule book just for fun :zz: Or do they?

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 30 May 2012, 17:33

phil1993 wrote:I think that an idea might be to focus on improving their strategies a bit, they've been poor, plus get a spotter for Grosjean at the start :lol:

I'm totally for better strategies! :<>: It seems that they never learn form their mistakes! :<>:

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 30 May 2012, 17:44

The atmosphere isn't unpleasent because of a negative opinion. Over reacting or what? What about when you goto the WRC thread and say kimi was doing poor and having 10 super fans try and murder you because of their precious obsession with Kimi?

anyway, its not bashing, its factual slating. Kimi hasn't done nothing wrong this year driving wise. Maybe he shouldve kept going on the inside of Vettel, he left him room, but thats to be expected when he is rusty and his only mistake if you could even call it that. I maintain my opinion that Kimi will scarcely win in Lotus, and will never take another championship again if he stays there because the team is totally incapable. Arguably, they had one of the best cars this season and have performed miserably with strategy and Grosjean becoming Takuma Sato's cousin twice removed.

Lotus are a joke. They arent even Lotus anymore anyway. Boullier is a terrible team principle. They cant do pit stops fast, they cant do strategy at all, grosjean keeps crashing, Kimi keeps going backwards because the car is too finicky with its tyres, or they leave him out to long. Lotus are getting irritable because Kimi is still not happy with power steering,Its just facts. If your gonna cry because someone is slagging the team and/or Kimi off, what about when you slag someone elses driver off? Dont go whinging. Its just opinion, and if theyve been c**p, they've been c**p. Or when someone slags alonso for 2007 because he was a mardy idiot, or hamilton for his termination of massa, or jenson not overtaking a caterham, or vettel, or webber. So what? Its an opinion. If you dont like people with a negative opinion of your driver goto a fan site of Kimi/Lotus, its the only way you would never get it.

Lotus wont win a race this year. Rosberg, Redbull, Hamilton and Alonso must all have a bad race or crash out. That will not happen. Lotus dont have strategy, from the past 2 years, they dont even have the development rate or ability to develop. They lost key members of staff to other teams, on top of the joke which is Boullier slagging off the previous management of Flavio/Pat and Alonso.

Anyway, I was a massive fan of Renault from 2002, and im still a fan of Flavio and the way he ran that team to critical success and made decisions. Lotus are a poorly ran team, especially when the said man who is the team principle blamed a driver for his KERS/Raditor exploding, and replaced the driver with more points and skill (heidfeld) because he needed the poor paydriver along with requesting an advance so they can keep developing. Theres also a reason Renault jumped ship to make Redbull their sort of Manufacturer.[/quote]

BLA-BLA-BLA!! :roll:: It is unpleasant, if it feels unpleasant! Who are you to decide how others should feel?! :<>:

I'd just better skip all the unpleasant comments! :p :p

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 30 May 2012, 21:09

Suomileijona wrote:The atmosphere isn't unpleasent because of a negative opinion. Over reacting or what? What about when you goto the WRC thread and say kimi was doing poor and having 10 super fans try and murder you because of their precious obsession with Kimi?

anyway, its not bashing, its factual slating. Kimi hasn't done nothing wrong this year driving wise. Maybe he shouldve kept going on the inside of Vettel, he left him room, but thats to be expected when he is rusty and his only mistake if you could even call it that. I maintain my opinion that Kimi will scarcely win in Lotus, and will never take another championship again if he stays there because the team is totally incapable. Arguably, they had one of the best cars this season and have performed miserably with strategy and Grosjean becoming Takuma Sato's cousin twice removed.

Lotus are a joke. They arent even Lotus anymore anyway. Boullier is a terrible team principle. They cant do pit stops fast, they cant do strategy at all, grosjean keeps crashing, Kimi keeps going backwards because the car is too finicky with its tyres, or they leave him out to long. Lotus are getting irritable because Kimi is still not happy with power steering,Its just facts. If your gonna cry because someone is slagging the team and/or Kimi off, what about when you slag someone elses driver off? Dont go whinging. Its just opinion, and if theyve been c**p, they've been c**p. Or when someone slags alonso for 2007 because he was a mardy idiot, or hamilton for his termination of massa, or jenson not overtaking a caterham, or vettel, or webber. So what? Its an opinion. If you dont like people with a negative opinion of your driver goto a fan site of Kimi/Lotus, its the only way you would never get it.

Lotus wont win a race this year. Rosberg, Redbull, Hamilton and Alonso must all have a bad race or crash out. That will not happen. Lotus dont have strategy, from the past 2 years, they dont even have the development rate or ability to develop. They lost key members of staff to other teams, on top of the joke which is Boullier slagging off the previous management of Flavio/Pat and Alonso.

Anyway, I was a massive fan of Renault from 2002, and im still a fan of Flavio and the way he ran that team to critical success and made decisions. Lotus are a poorly ran team, especially when the said man who is the team principle blamed a driver for his KERS/Raditor exploding, and replaced the driver with more points and skill (heidfeld) because he needed the poor paydriver along with requesting an advance so they can keep developing. Theres also a reason Renault jumped ship to make Redbull their sort of Manufacturer.

BLA-BLA-BLA!! :roll:: It is unpleasant, if it feels unpleasant! Who are you to decide how others should feel?! :<>:

I'd just better skip all the unpleasant comments! :p :p[/quote]

Well, could you explain how saying a driver or team is rubbish, is unpleasent?

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 30 May 2012, 21:22

lol. I was reading all of the "The atmosphere isn't unpleasant because of a negative opinion" post thinking it was Finnishfanboy1337 who wrote it, and somehow it didn't feel right. Fix your quote tags guys! :p

Seriously, if your only purpose here is to support/discuss one driver, then you're in for some unpleasant moments. Single-minded fanboys agreeing with each other only amounts to a huge (and equally unpleasant) circlejerk and obviously (thankfully!), you're gonna get laughed at sometimes. Cope!

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 30 May 2012, 21:29

Yeah. I havnt seen any personal attacks on any driver. Lotus? Aside from butchering the chapman legacy and bringing the sport into a disrepute of name and the actions of the management.

But if you see criticism which has justification as unpleasent, I feel a fan site which is dedicated should be your choice of forum. Otherwise like in real life, people criticise things. if you find it unpleasent then i can only suggest the foe button and wrapping up in the cotton wool again.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 31 May 2012, 06:42

Guys let's not turn this into Atlas.

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 31 May 2012, 07:49

phil1993 wrote:Guys let's not turn this into Atlas.
''hmm'' At first this came into my mind
Off-Topic: show
But then I realized what you mean :lol: There is more in life than F1 - and one day I'll find it &doh

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 31 May 2012, 11:45

phil1993 wrote:Guys let's not turn this into Atlas.
Sorry dude. I dont mean to offend anyone. Im just confused about it lol

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 31 May 2012, 13:06

phil1993 wrote: I don't know what Kimi's salary is either? I know he's extraordinarily popular, but there's only so much publicity you can get from that.
According to www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7788281/
Kimi's salary is 5 million euros. The top 10 are:

1. Alonso - 30 million
2. Hamilton - 16 million
3. Button - 16 million
4. Vettel - 10 million
5. Webber - 10 million
6. Massa - 10 million
7. Rosberg - 10 million
8. Shumacher - 8 million
9. Raikknonen - 5 million
10. Kovalainen - 4 million