BS!!! What the FIA did to Alonso and Mclaren.

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
z06_23_45
car driver
car driver

BS!!! What the FIA did to Alonso and Mclaren.

Post by z06_23_45 » 05 Aug 2007, 14:02

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

That is some serious Bull####. Alonso should not have been penalized. Lewis Hamilton was the one who started it all and he gets rewarded for that while they penalize Alonso. The FIA is a joke.

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: BS!!! What the FIA did to Alonso and Mclaren.

Post by ntr » 05 Aug 2007, 14:44

i agree, and mclaren put used tyres on alonso's car, i think alonso has a right to question that...alonso may have broken the written code but hamilton broke the unwritten code, the fia is unable to manage these sort of problems only the team can
mm tofu

mirek01
kart driver
kart driver

Post by mirek01 » 05 Aug 2007, 14:54

I'm not against Alonso but I think FIA made a good decision. I'm still sure that Alonso will win title.

musashi_sw
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by musashi_sw » 05 Aug 2007, 15:08

i think that the fact of mclaren can't score point today was just to compensate and to calm down todd and briatorie, FIA it's a joke!

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 05 Aug 2007, 16:14

z06_23_45 wrote::evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

That is some serious Bull####. Alonso should not have been penalized. Lewis Hamilton was the one who started it all and he gets rewarded for that while they penalize Alonso. The FIA is a joke.

i agree with you that the FIA is a joke but hamilton did NOTHING to compromise alonso's lap times, yes he disobeyed team order's which should lead to a punishment from the team but alonso knew exactly what he was doing when staying in the pit it was pure selfish act and as a result of him throwing his toys out of the pram the team have not been given any constructors championship points.

i really like alonso i really do but he really p$ssed me off with that tactic to ruin another drivers chance of pole. :x

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 05 Aug 2007, 16:14

musashi_sw wrote:i think that the fact of mclaren can't score point today was just to compensate and to calm down todd and briatorie, FIA it's a joke!
I think it is an excuse to punish Mc Laren so that other teams cannot ay that they were scot fre out of the situation. In my opinion, it's not fair, and if they will not get the points the earnt today, then F1 is just maFIA

slim
kart driver
kart driver

Post by slim » 05 Aug 2007, 16:24

lewis hamilton may have started it by ignoring team instructions earlier in q3, but you can't deny the fact that alonso held lewis up which denied him the chance to beat alonso.
also, team orders are illegal so lewis' actions are only punishable internally, not by the fia.
well, that is my view of what happened and if i am correct then i don't think the penalty on alonso was unfair at all.
i think penalising the team is a little unfair though as they already have the problem of dealing with drivers that do not obey their bosses and it seems a little like they are kicking them when they are down...

sheffy
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sheffy » 05 Aug 2007, 17:04

dazmoffman wrote:

i agree with you that the FIA is a joke but hamilton did NOTHING to compromise alonso's lap times, yes he disobeyed team order's which should lead to a punishment from the team but alonso knew exactly what he was doing when staying in the pit it was pure selfish act and as a result of him throwing his toys out of the pram the team have not been given any constructors championship points.

i really like alonso i really do but he really p$ssed me off with that tactic to ruin another drivers chance of pole. :x

Flag:## I think that Mclaren should have been alowed to score points cos it was a dirty trick that alonso done and that he should have been moved to sixth and not score any points, although i am a McLaren fan Flag:##

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 05 Aug 2007, 19:34

It was stupid that they pushed back Alonso as they were on the same team and it was a TEAM matter.

But there is some crappy rule in the rulebook I read yesterday which allows for Alonso an McLaren to be punished.

z06_23_45
car driver
car driver

Post by z06_23_45 » 06 Aug 2007, 01:33

dazmoffman wrote:

Who knows if Hamilton could've posted a better time. That is irrelevant. It was a TEAM matter and should only be handled by Mclaren. There should be another rule for Hamilton's dirty tactic of not following team orders. They should've demoted him 5 places also. Alonso is only human and he was probably pissed at what Hamilton did to start Q3. There aren't very many of us, if any, that won't try to get back at someone when they do something to hurt us or screw us, as Hamilton did to Alonso.

lmcsp
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lmcsp » 06 Aug 2007, 01:58

hmm, very interesting comments and observations - and I gotta say I agree with most of them -

Yes it was a team matter rather than having the FIA interrupting - it is actually something that has been on my mind but couldn't put it into words ..

However, the FIA got the result they wanted ehh? If young Mr "****you dennis" wins the WDC this year, being a "rookie" imagine what it would do for the profile of F1 - you gotta understand, F1 is actually a business not a sport .. it all about money and promotion ..

I certainly remember a certain gentleman who won a few GP's [80+] who shouldn't have - but again he was good for the image of F1.
They [the FIA] need a superstar - and we all know how bernie criticized Alonso and his "tour of duty" once winning the championship ..

ahh, dont worry about me, I just get a little frustrated when Kimi doesn't win

gr8tone
car driver
car driver

Post by gr8tone » 06 Aug 2007, 08:40

FIA made a tough and wrong decision.

gr8tone
car driver
car driver

Post by gr8tone » 06 Aug 2007, 08:45

This is an internal problem within the Mclaren camp so Alonso should not have been penalised by FIA

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 06 Aug 2007, 12:44

A simple question

With rule break alonso?. Anyone has Fia communicate?

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 06 Aug 2007, 15:10

I blame the WHOLE thing on Alonso either way. He's been so friggin paranoid about preferential treatment towards Hamilton, and IF he did delay his departure from the pits then he got what he deserved. I don't agree with McLaren as a team being penalized with no constructor's points. I think the FIA is treading dangerous waters with trying to govern internal team politics. If you had TWO Lewis Hamiltons on this team it would never have happened. LH is a stand-up guy and is only asking for his fair shot at becoming WC. It was a bitter-sweet victory and with more than half the season over with I predict even more fireworks.