Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus F1 Team

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus Renault GP

Post by Kriss » 17 Apr 2012, 20:31

thank you reppo :thumbsup:

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 18 Apr 2012, 06:51

When Oskari Saari interviewed Slade and said that Kimi is known as a person who doesn't talk much. Slade answered that maybe Kimi doesn't talk much to the media and such people. Saari didn't say that in his very short translation. This tells how little the media even Finnish one, knows Kimi and since Saari didn't like the answer he didn't mention it... :roll::

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 18 Apr 2012, 07:09

Well, I suppose the guy is there because he can drive fast. It really should not matter that much if he chats non-stop about the weather or not. I don't really understand why some people try to criticise a driver because he's not a very talkative person.

About Slade explaining how it is good that Kimi doesn't talk very long but precise, that's not PR, that's really so. It's a bit complicated to explain but for technical people, numbers (real data, lap times) are always better than words, and if you need to use words, the less words the best. If you try to pass an idea to somebody working in R&D using too many words, the only thing you would get is that other person getting lost in the sea of words and not paying enough attention to the point that was being made.

It's like the guys of Ferrari trying to do PR to put Alonso under a good light a couple of days ago when he arrived for the first time to Maranello. They wrote a PR where they talked about how Alonso had written a 3 pages long e-mail to the engineers talking about some technical things about the car. I LOLed. If you send an engineer a 3-pages long e-mail about R&D, the only thing you will get is a car that drives backwards :lol:

I'm a very talkative person, but the many years experience researching have taught me that, if I need to pass information, by word or written, it has to be short and absolutely to the point.

zoefrances
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by zoefrances » 18 Apr 2012, 12:59

shame about kimi's tyres would have been nice to see him finish 2nd in china

KevC

Post by KevC » 18 Apr 2012, 15:00

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 18 Apr 2012, 15:02

Mar wrote:It's like the guys of Ferrari trying to do PR to put Alonso under a good light a couple of days ago when he arrived for the first time to Maranello. They wrote a PR where they talked about how Alonso had written a 3 pages long e-mail to the engineers talking about some technical things about the car. I LOLed. If you send an engineer a 3-pages long e-mail about R&D, the only thing you will get is a car that drives backwards :lol:
Three pages :huh: email :huh: Now I know what is wrong in Ferrari :O

Alonso: What on earth is that
engineers: We don't quite know yet. It is supposed to be F2012B but it looks like toaster with wings
Alonso: What? Why?
engineers: We followed your instructions...

Maybe Fernando just used big characters and the email only said: "NEED BETTER FERRARI" :lol:

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 18 Apr 2012, 15:05

Kevin Clark wrote:Image
Great photo. Seb has almost finished his puzzle and Kimi seems to be thinking something hard :)

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 18 Apr 2012, 16:48

What?
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainm ... l-red-bull
Another former world champion, Kimi Raikkonen, is coming back to the sport. Can he make an impact?
I don't think we've ever seen a phenomenal sporting comeback. It's never happened, it never will. Second time around they're not as hungry and the sport has moved on.
Webber has never heard about Niki Lauda or Alain Prost :blink:

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 19 Apr 2012, 00:23

Speak for yourself Webbo after you retire end of this year or next. :roll::

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 19 Apr 2012, 14:35

Oh dear...the red shorts :lol:

Image Image

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 19 Apr 2012, 15:44

sleenster wrote:Oh dear...the red shorts :lol:
terrible :lol:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 19 Apr 2012, 16:01

Kriss wrote:Image
And red shoes :blink: Is this a fashion disaster or a political statement? :blink:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 19 Apr 2012, 17:25

sleenster wrote:
Kriss wrote:Image
And red shoes :blink: Is this a fashion disaster or a political statement? :blink:
Nah, I'm sure he also thinks (like one of the photographers that was taking the pictures) that the shorts are "purple". Or he maybe even think they are pink or something like that. 100% sure it's just a fashion disaster. I do like burgundy, but it doesn't fit with the Lotus t-shirt.

PS. How can a photographer think that colour is purple? :blink: