Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus F1 Team

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus Renault GP

Post by reppo » 10 Apr 2012, 20:32

Hamer wrote:I guessed correctly long time ago that Kimi will be back in F1 with Renault team (present Lotus) because they have enough money/stocks.. plus RedBull is top team with Renault engine who might have a look to put Kimi with Seb for season 2013 (IF Webber doesn't deliver this year) and if Kimi , for example, doesn't finish in top 5 this year maybe he has a clause in contract to get moved teams.. few ifs here but i see it plausible.F1 agreements are far away from being simple.

I wish Lotus (Renault) will enough funds and know-how to maintain this speed and development so Kimi doesn't have to change teams but rather stay "home" where he feels relaxed and welcomed as he is. Stay in Lotus and pursuit championship for the next 2-3 years. I highly respect racing drivers winning the races not starting from the front row. And I respect teams who are pretty open about their plans, thoughts, developments- really ice nice stuff from Lotus, until now at least! Loving their livery too, maybe black color could be matt all over instead shiny details :)
There is a clause in Kimi's contract that if he is not at least P8 at the end of season, he can leave. But who would hire him if he wasn't? I think and wish he will stay in Lotus. The team cares about his wishes and he looks to be happy there :) Stock option rumors came during negotiation with Williams, but it is just a rumor. It is highly overestimated how much he gets payed in Lotus. Robertsons newer wanted him to go WRC, specially when there was a high value deal possible with McLaren, but Kimi had his mind made up even so that he eventually payed his rally driving from his own pocket. Now they got him back to F1, but surely not with price they would have wanted. And BTW they are no longer Kimi's managers. They'll help Kimi if he asks help, but they do nothing actively for Kimi.

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 10 Apr 2012, 20:46

Mar wrote:As a matter of fact, I'm sure he spent much more time with his mum than with his wife last year :roll:: he's turned into a Latin boy! :blink:
:huh: :huh: :fear:
Mar wrote:PS. I can't believe I'm writing about this :blush:

PS2. A little note about Räikkönen's working ethic (somebody named it in the previous days, nope, not you Reppo): of all the F1 drivers in Jerez (which includes "working maniacs" like Schumacher, Alonso or Vettel), the only one that was always late for the media meeting after the tests was Kimi, even if his meetings were usually programmed later than most, and he was late because he was debriefing with the engineers much longer than expected. The over-hours of certain drivers and the laziness of Räikkönen is another myth on printed page.
Also comparing Kimi to James Hunt is weird. Hunt was in Heskett racing which was really more like a moving party than a F1 team. Hunt didn't much like to do more than party, jump into car and drive the race and get back to party. Then he needed to do more testing and less partying when Heskett run out of money, and he went to drive in other teams :O

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 11 Apr 2012, 06:44

Mar wrote: Erm, are you sure it's to Jenni where he runs to when he has a free day? :zz:
Last year, when he was not rallying, or doing NASCAR, he was following his motocross team all around Europe or in Finland visiting his mum.

As a matter of fact, I'm sure he spent much more time with his mum than with his wife last year :roll:: he's turned into a Latin boy! :blink:

PS. I can't believe I'm writing about this :blush:
Mar :lol:
it's true he's not sitting at home in his free time, on Monday he was in Holland on a motorcross race :zz:

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 11 Apr 2012, 10:33

Someone is still falling for that April fool's day joke - a week after :lol:
F1: Bubba Watson And Kimi Raikkonen - Left-Handed Greatness
On the heels of Bubba Watson’s victory at the Masters on Sunday, here's a little piece celebrating left-handed people everywhere, including Formula One. Watson is not a typical golfer. He’s never had a lesson and is an unorthodox player in the sense that he has tremendous raw talent that is exciting to watch and entertaining for so many fans of golf.

Formula One has its own left-handed raw talent in Lotus F1′s Kimi Raikkonen and, like Watson, the Finn has a throng of fans who can’t wait to watch him drive.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 11 Apr 2012, 10:36

:lol: Oh dear Speed.

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 12 Apr 2012, 10:57

What is the hardest part of F1 racing :p
http://www.iltalehti.fi/formulat/201204 ... 4_fo.shtml (in Finnish)
Kimi caused a horrible rush at the airport - see pictures!
Thursday, 04.12.2012 at 11.22

Kimi Raikkonen arrived in Shanghai on Thursday.

(IMAGES GETTY IMAGES / AOP)

Finnish star did not have any peace in the Pudong Airport. Raikkonen was attacked by a huge number of locals, who wished to take a picture of F1 driver.

Obviously, by judging Raikkonen's facial expressions, he was not particularly happy for all the attention. Kimi walked determined to the escalator and tried to ignore to close sqeezing teenage girls. Finn's torment was immortalized by international photo agencies.

Tomorrow, Kimi can sit in the peace of F1 car. Third race of the season, the Chinese Grand Prix, is on Sunday.

IL

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 12 Apr 2012, 12:06

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/formula1/vari ... 38081.html (in Finnish)
People in the paddock wonders: where is Kimi Raikkonen?
Published on: 12/04/2012 24:16

In Shanghai F1 paddock on Thursday people have wondered where exactly is Kimi Raikkonen.

Raikkonen did not appear in Lotus press conference.
- We have lost Kimi somewhere in China, Lotus team spokesman said to German news agency Sport-Informations-Dienste.

Raikkonen is reportedly stuck in traffic jams in Shanghai, and has therefore not get to the track in time.
The first practice of Chinese GP will start on Friday morning at 5 am Finnish time.

Janne Aittoniemi
Actually reliable sources from HNA tells Kimi has been kidnapped by Chinese teenage girls at Pudong Airport :lol:

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 12 Apr 2012, 12:25

Thanks reppo!!!!!!! :hug:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 12 Apr 2012, 12:35

thanks a lot reppo :hug:

Kimi at the Clear event

Image Image

Kimi with Seb

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 12 Apr 2012, 13:06

Thanks Kriss :thumbsup: So Kimi finally got to the track :)
Kriss wrote:Image
But is that real Kimi ''hmm'' He looks too eager to give his autographs. On the photo he just about to sign at back of the security officer :huh: Chinese teenage girls must have replaced him with a fake Kimi :fear:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 12 Apr 2012, 13:52

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 12 Apr 2012, 17:06

Kriss, thank you very much for the pictures! :) :hug:

f194girl
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by f194girl » 12 Apr 2012, 17:40

reppo wrote:http://www.iltasanomat.fi/formula1/vari ... 38081.html (in Finnish)
People in the paddock wonders: where is Kimi Raikkonen?
Published on: 12/04/2012 24:16

In Shanghai F1 paddock on Thursday people have wondered where exactly is Kimi Raikkonen.

Raikkonen did not appear in Lotus press conference.
- We have lost Kimi somewhere in China, Lotus team spokesman said to German news agency Sport-Informations-Dienste.

Raikkonen is reportedly stuck in traffic jams in Shanghai, and has therefore not get to the track in time.
The first practice of Chinese GP will start on Friday morning at 5 am Finnish time.

Janne Aittoniemi
Actually reliable sources from HNA tells Kimi has been kidnapped by Chinese teenage girls at Pudong Airport :lol:
Thanks for all the pictures! To consider Kimi´s relationship to the press: was it intention that he got lost and missed the press conference? :n

angelsil
car driver
car driver

Post by angelsil » 12 Apr 2012, 23:33

aaawwww finally kimi and seb together!

any chance to have those in HQ?

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 13 Apr 2012, 05:02

angelsil wrote:aaawwww finally kimi and seb together!

any chance to have those in HQ?
I'm sure Iceman can do something about it :O :hug: