2012 Formula One Discussion

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: 2012 Formula One Discussion

Post by iceman1 » 27 Mar 2012, 18:37

François wrote:Maybe Iran wants the race for themselves! :zz:
Or maybe the whole country? so they can be near Saudi Arabia? :zz:

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 27 Mar 2012, 19:01

The Press Association: Bahrain GP can 'unite country'
The president of the Automobile Federation of Bahrain has called on Formula One to help unify his country, but is unable to offer concrete guarantees over safety.

Sheikh Abdullah bin Isa Al Khalifa, who is also one of the 26 members of the FIA's World Motor Sport Council, feels Bahrain will emerge a stronger nation following next month's grand prix. Last year's race was called off following the deaths of a number of anti-government protesters involved in violent clashes with police and the armed forces.

Al Khalifa told Press Association Sport: "I know all eyes are on us, but for me I feel there is a buzz going on in the country to rally around Formula One. So my message to Formula One is 'be part of unifying my country'. We've had our share of trouble, people have made mistakes, but it is time to reconcile, to move on and come out stronger and more united."
Wonder if insurance companies believe it, or care if it is teenagers or somebody else throwing petrol bombs, or if demonstrators are right or wrong as long there is trouble in Bahrain. In page of the youtube video thee was a comment: "SHAME Western media is ignoring the demonstrations", but there looks to be a lot of news from last week: Bahrain - Google search
Doesn't look quite peaceful :(

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 28 Mar 2012, 10:59

http://www.f1zone.net/news/ferrari-conc ... nus/13315/
Ferrari’s new deal for the 2013 Concorde Agreement reportedly involves a $50 million annual fee.
Isn't that about the same as combined budget of HRT and Marussia. Somewhere it was that they get nothing from the new deal. And Mercedes is unhappy. What if they leave like Honda, Toyota and BMW did. There are now four engine suppliers in F1: Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault and Cosworth. Cosworth having only HRT and Marussia might change their name to Notworth and leave. PURE is supposed to come in 2014 but it might end up to be Ferrari vs Renault game. What is it so difficult in making a deal that would satisfy all teams? :<>:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 28 Mar 2012, 15:37

Ok I got the confirmation from a reliable source that Perez is not going to Ferrari this year. It's 100% confirmed.

hamilton10000
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by hamilton10000 » 28 Mar 2012, 15:41

iceman1 wrote:Ok I got the confirmation from a reliable source that Perez is not going to Ferrari this year. It's 100% confirmed.
is it likely he will go there next year

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 28 Mar 2012, 17:58

reppo wrote:http://www.f1zone.net/news/ferrari-conc ... nus/13315/
Ferrari’s new deal for the 2013 Concorde Agreement reportedly involves a $50 million annual fee.
Isn't that about the same as combined budget of HRT and Marussia. Somewhere it was that they get nothing from the new deal. And Mercedes is unhappy. What if they leave like Honda, Toyota and BMW did. There are now four engine suppliers in F1: Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault and Cosworth. Cosworth having only HRT and Marussia might change their name to Notworth and leave. PURE is supposed to come in 2014 but it might end up to be Ferrari vs Renault game. What is it so difficult in making a deal that would satisfy all teams? :<>:
About the engine situation. One hasn't heard about and from Cosworth for quite a while and I wonder how long they want to stay in F1. They're supplying the two teams which are the most likely to drop out in the next few years.
And the offical stance of Pollock and PURE is that they're not in a hurry to search for teams to supply. Yet, none of the customer teams of the big three seems to be unsatisfied. So PURE's only way to score seems to be by making it a cheap offer. I'm curious if they can make it to the 2014 grid...

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Mar 2012, 18:12

Some observations/comments

- Interesting to see a mature Lewis Hamilton so far this season. Two third places and he hasn't thrown a hissy fit. He got downbeat in Melbourne, but stayed calm in Malaysia and gathered the points. Meanwhile Vettel was very impetuous in Sepang...

- Alonso's performance was simply amazing, and bear in mind that he isn't a very good wet weather driver either. Ferrari won't put Perez in yet as they're still holding out on Kubica - if they put Perez in the car then that rules Kubica out for good.

- Kimi was apparently really pissed off after qualifying as he genuinely thought he could get pole position

- Everyone is disappointed with Caterham, they've made so little progress.

- Just a personal observation: it's all well and good Mercedes having a super DRS, but why? Their race pace is so c**p and add their tyre problems to it and they suck, badly. What use is a super DRS in the race when you'll be too slow to use it? Mercedes will be coming under attack in the race, rather than being the aggressors

- Everyone is confused with the tyres this year. That played a big part in the strange result on Sunday. They're perplexing in the form of the pace drop-off, the ambient conditions, fuel loads etc. Such as why Maldonado was faster on hards than Vettel on mediums, but then slower on mediums. Everyone's confused, except McLaren seemingly...

Anyway, some self-promotion
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98436

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Mar 2012, 18:34

Great job Phil, on the Autosport article. You should be really proud of yourself!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 28 Mar 2012, 19:16

F1: FIA rejects latest Bahrain axe rumours
Mar.28 (GMM) The FIA has dismissed the latest rumours about next month's Bahrain grand prix.

Some publications this week said F1's governing body was in the process of drafting a statement announcing that the Sakhir race has been cancelled due to security concerns.

But the FIA's director of communications Norman Howell angrily denied those reports.

At the same time, Sheikh Abdullah bin Isa al-Khalifa, Bahrain's motor racing federation chief and also an FIA world council member, admitted he could not guarantee the safety of F1's travelling personnel next month.

"There are no guarantees in this world," he is quoted by PA Sport, after admitting "disturbances" in Bahrain are still taking place.

"You could be (in danger) anywhere, even Silverstone.

"All I can guarantee you is you will be as safe as at any other grand prix."

Asked if there will be extra security measures in place, Khalifa answered: "No, absolutely not. It will be life as normal.

"We've never had any violence towards foreigners simply because they are foreigners or in F1."

F1 industry monitor Formula Money has found that the Bahrain grand prix is more commercially successful for teams and trackside advertisers even than Monaco, Spa and Monza.

The publication also said that if the 2012 race is cancelled, "the teams could lose $44.7m of prize money".
Well, iceman1 will be happy :)

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 28 Mar 2012, 20:21

phil1993 wrote: Anyway, some self-promotion
That's awesome :cool:
Well, iceman1 will be happy :)
Yes because they pay me. No GP = No money :(

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 28 Mar 2012, 20:58

Congrats, Phil :) I am happy for you :hug:

KevC

Post by KevC » 28 Mar 2012, 21:40

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 28 Mar 2012, 23:16

Phillip Horton man of the day! :C: Congrats dude !Great!

frubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by frubbs » 29 Mar 2012, 12:10

iceman1 wrote:Ok I got the confirmation from a reliable source that Perez is not going to Ferrari this year. It's 100% confirmed.
"Felipe Massa likes this"
Image 322 gps | 14 pp | 11 1st

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 29 Mar 2012, 12:53

Wow, well done Phil :D

Anyway, Bahrain will definitely go ahead in my view, as the situation seems to have calmed down there for now. I just hope the protest organisations don't use the grand prix as a springboard for further unrest. If the FIA have prepared a cancellation statement, then to me it means that they could cancel it, but only if further unrest occurs between now and the time of the grand prix.