Sergio Perez

2 - Best Team
Sauber

3 - Best Overtake
Button on Massa.

4 - Best Moment
Back to racing after red flag.

5 - Worst Driver
Massa. He is lucky avoiding lapping by Alonso.

6 - Worst Team
Mercedes

7 - Best Rookie
Jean-Eric Vergne

8 - Biggest Surprise
Alonso wins, Perez on second.

gregg1966
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Rate the 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix

Post by gregg1966 » 25 Mar 2012, 17:41

1 - Best Driver- Alonso,Perez no doubt about it,and finally good result for Senna (no mistake,no collision)
2 - Best Team- probably Sauber
3 - Best Overtake- Jenson Button on Massa in 31 lap
4 - Best Moment- Sergio catching Alonso at the end of the race,his car was obviously faster,he is the best in managing tires
5 - Worst Driver- HRT drivers,Massa ,second failure of Grosjean after start
6 - Worst Team- Mercedes
7 - Best Rookie- Jean Eric Vergne
8 - Biggest Surprise- racing pace of RB and McLaren in wet conditions,qualification and race of the Mercedes is like day and night

9 - General Comment(s)- Very good race with unexpected results. Good comeback for Kimi. Lotus-Renault is 3rd best car right now in my opinion,but season is long.I am little pessimistic about improvement of Ferrari to the top.Dry race will return results to real performance of cars.
I am pleased with improvement of Williams Team after last disastrous season.I feel sorry for Maldonado´s second retirement 1 and 2 laps before end.
9/10 points

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 25 Mar 2012, 18:07

1 - Best Driver, Sergio, awesome, but had only one mistake that make him second. Alonso, great too.

2 - Best Team, no one, so the only with two pilots on top 10, Force India.

3 - Best Overtake
4 - Best Moment, Sergio chase with Alonso.

5 - Worst Driver, Bored said Massa. So I am going to say...... Massa

6 - Worst Team, Mercedes, after a few laps I forget that they are on track

7 - Best Rookie, Jean-Eric Vergne

8 - Biggest Surprise, only two car do not finished. And only Force India, both on top 10.

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 25 Mar 2012, 18:48

1 - Best Driver
hard to choose between Alonso and Perez. I will give it to Alonso because he had the slower car and Perez made a little error. After last year I thought that Vettel is already as good as Alonso but when I look at Fernando's stunning performance today, I have to admit that Vettel needs much more experience to reach that level.

2 - Best Team
Sauber

3 - Best Overtake
Button on Massa.

4 - Best Moment
The restart after the break

5 - Worst Driver
Narain Karthikeyan :<>:

6 - Worst Team
Mercedes, once again... if they continue the way it is, I fear that Mercedes will retire from F1 like BMW in 2009 :(
They must have the aspiration to be the best team and not fight with teams like Toro Rosso or Force India.

7 - Best Rookie
Jean-Eric Vergne

8 - Biggest Surprise
Alonso winning in that bad car. Perez' second place

9 - General Comment(s)
a very good race although the result disappoints me. 9/10
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

Ferrari92
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ferrari92 » 25 Mar 2012, 21:55

1 - Best Driver
Alonso and Perez

2 - Best Team
Sauber

3 - Best Overtake
Kobayashi on Schumacher

4 - Best Moment
The restart of the race, and when Alonso crossed the finish line :)

5 - Worst Driver
Massa

6 - Worst Team
Mercedes

7 - Best Rookie
JE Vergne

8 - Biggest Surprise
Alonso 1st
Perez 2nd
Vergne 8th (He started 18)

Richards19
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Richards19 » 25 Mar 2012, 22:14

1 - Best Driver: Perez, he was just amazing
2 - Best Team: Sauber, Alonso was alone today. Massa was so bad
3 - Best Overtake: A lot of overtakes during this race but don't know which one was the best
4 - Best Moment: the end of the race
5 - Worst Driver: Massa, who else?
6 - Worst Team: Mercedes so disappointing after a good qualification
7 - Best Rookie: Vergne
8 - Biggest Surprise: Perez has been able to had a good pace during all the race. Was close to win his first GP
9 - General Comment: I love when it's rain, but not too much. Alonso showing to all of us who's the best driver actually in Formula One. Raikkonen finished 7th in Australia and now 5th in Malaysia with the best lap of the race as well. So happy to see the Finnish at a good level.

McLaren-Mercedes
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by McLaren-Mercedes » 25 Mar 2012, 23:16

1 - Best Driver: Alonso. He had great speed and did no mistakes.

2 - Best Team: Ferrari because of their perfect strategy calls for Alonso.

3 - Best Overtake: Button on Massa. Pretty much Jenson's only highlight in this race though.

4 - Best Moment: seeing Perez gaining on Alonso and almost winning the race.

5 - Worst Driver: Grosjean. He has a great car but he didn't score any points, again. He caused a collision and then spun out on its own for good. Furthermore he blamed Schumacher for the collision.

6 - Worst Team: Mercedes. They have a good qualifying car, but in the race they seem to be even worse than last year.

7 - Best Rookie: JE Vergne. Very good recovery from P18 to P8.

8 - Biggest Surprise: Sergio Perez' drive to P2.

9 - General Comment(s): Very good race from Bruno Senna as well. Apart from the rain-break it has been a great race to watch. Looking forward to China as this season seems to become a very exciting one.

skywatcher
Donator
Donator

Post by skywatcher » 26 Mar 2012, 05:56

1 - Best Driver - Sergio Pérez
2 - Best Team - Renault
3 - Best Overtake - so many, but none really come to mind.
4 - Best Moment - Perez almost overtaking Alonso after hunting him down.
5 - Worst Driver - Toss up between Karthikeyan and Massa maybe add Grosjean, he keeps trying to be the worst it seems.
6 - Worst Team - HRT (No surprise here).
7 - Best Rookie - Vergne, great steady drive.
8 - Biggest Surprise - Button getting so far down and Perez pulling off a beautiful drive to the finish.
9 - General Comment(s) - What is usually a fairly dull race was actually rather exciting once they got under way again after the red flag. I think Sauber's call to Perez at the end certainly either distracted him or was meant to say don't overtake our engine supplier and win this race, which he almost did.

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 26 Mar 2012, 06:11

1 - Best Driver: Perez
2 - Best Team: Sauber
3 - Best Overtake: Ricciardo around the outside of Senna
4 - Best Moment: Hmm, there wernt any best moments, only sad moments
5 - Worst Driver: Massa. Grosejan - he just cant get on the ground, he thinks he can fly past by....
6 - Worst Team: Mercedes so disappointing after a good qualification
7 - Best Rookie: Vergne
8 - Biggest Surprise: Perez. Was close to win his first GP, Grosjean and MSC crash - even MSC went wide and left space - not enough for Grosejan....
9 - General Comment: Well the race was not so good like Australia, first i hate the waiting, they really have to wait till track dries up.... cmon like Nascar. And its a bad idea that the race starts so late. Id rather wake up 4h before.... I really wanted Perez to win, but F~0~M never showed where Alonso overtook him???!!!

So a 7/10.

gokul009
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by gokul009 » 26 Mar 2012, 10:49

1 - Best Driver
Sergio Perez, absolutely senastional. Alonso deserves more than a special mention too.

2 - Best Team
Sauber I guess...... Ferrari no, because one was exceptionally brilliant and the other was rubbish

3 - Best Overtake
Webber on Rosberg at the outside of Turn 5, simply outrageous. Unlike other overtakings on the same corner, Webber was behind Rosberg as they entered the corner, not alongside,

4 - Best Moment
Lap 53, when the screen showed Kimi had set the fastest lap :)

5 - Worst Driver
Massa. Total garbage, he was almost lapped by Alonso in the same car.

6 - Worst Team
Mercedes, pretty sure that the car cant make its tyres last

7 - Best Rookie
Jean-Eric Vergne, impressive drive to eighth, could also have been a bit higher

8 - Biggest Surprise
The race result. Alonso first a surprise, Perez second an even bigger one.

9 - General Comment
Brilliant race. Stunning driving from Alonso and Perez, and a more mature drive from Lewis once he lost the lead. Great drive from Bruno Senna, and as for Vettel, did he see the replays or is he like 'I'm much quicker than Karthikeyan, so he should disappear?'

hamilton10000
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by hamilton10000 » 26 Mar 2012, 11:23

1 - Best Driver - Alonso. He was driving a ferrari that should be on the midfield under massive pressure from perez but still won. In my opinion most complete driver at the moment. He can get everything out of the car.
2 - Best Team - Sauber. Although Kobayashi had a bad race the call for Perez is certainly the reason he was in the position to get a poduim
3 - Best Overtake - Ricciardo made some good moves around the outside of turns 5 and 6
4 - Best Moment - When Perez almost overtook Alonso in DRS zone
5 - Worst Driver - Karthikeyan. He was involved in collisions with Button and Vettel and went from 10th at the restart then fell to the back about 3 laps down.
6 - Worst Team - Mercedes. They have this super DRS system and Schumacher started 3rd yet they have only scored 1 point. They could have had a podium in both races.
7 - Best Rookie - Jean Eric Vergne. Up in 8th because he held on on inters behind safety car when it was torrential rain.
8 - Biggest Surprise
Alonso 1st, Perez 2nd, Vettel 11th, Button 14th.
9 - General Comment(s)
Really good race despite me wanting Mclaren to win but they need to do something about the safety car after red flag as when the safety car came in the track was ready for inters which means that inters are now pointless. 9/10

f1nut48
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f1nut48 » 27 Mar 2012, 23:11

1 - Best Driver
Perez, hands down.
2 - Best Team
Ferrari, oddly enough. They made the right calls with Alonso on a day where almost every other team seemed to run into trouble.
3 - Best Overtake
I can't remember an individual one, but all of the overtakes going through 5 into 6 were awesome to me-really nice to see cars running side by side in corners, and knowing that the outside line was tricky made it even better.
4 - Best Moment
Seeing the reaction from the Sauber team; even though they let a victory slip through their fingers, they still enjoyed the result, and it was great to see Peter Sauber in particular experience some success.
5 - Worst Driver
Felipe Massa; Alonso is blowing him into the weeds right now. I'd love to see Felipe do well (to complete his "comeback" from injury) but I just don't see much of a future for him in F1, let alone Ferrari.
6 - Worst Team
HRT; yes I know they were briefly 10th (!) but to have De la Rosa get a drive through b/c of mechanics on the grid just reeks of amateurism.
7 - Best Rookie
Though Vergne scored points, I liked the fight Riccardo showed, especially his passing maneuvers.
8 - Biggest Surprise
The race finished all 56 laps! I thought we were surely headed into another 2009 half points finish.
9 - General Comment(s)
An excellent race, despite the long red flag period (nothing compared to Canada last year!). I would have dearly loved to have seen Perez pull it off, but he made quite a statement for himself as a driver on the rise in that race. Alonso proved why he's one of, if not the best driver, on the grid right now, withstanding Perez's pressure. I actually like the visuals you get in Malaysia of the cars and the circuit, so all in all an excellent grand prix. Can't wait for China in 3 weeks time!

Darkbird
car driver
car driver

Post by Darkbird » 28 Mar 2012, 05:04

1 - Alonso
2 - Williams
3 - Ricciardo on Senna
4 - When the safety car got off the track
5 - Grosjean
6 - HRT
7 - Vergne
8 - Ferrari win

9 - I hope we dont see a double winner for a long time this year

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Mar 2012, 10:46

1 - Best Driver - Alonso, pushed when he had to push and was never in danger of losing the win. Outstanding, stunning drive.
2 - Best Team - not really one team stood out, maybe Ferrari for their strategic calls
3 - Best Overtake - Senna made couple of good ones
4 - Best Moment - Peter Sauber crying!
5 - Worst Driver - Massa
6 - Worst Team - HRT
7 - Best Rookie - Vergne
8 - Biggest Surprise - Hamilton not winning. Seriously Lewis, was that all you got? Then you've got a problem, you must've won this race

9 - General Comment(s) 8/10
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 28 Mar 2012, 16:19

1 - Best Driver
Sergio 'Checo' Perez.
2 - Best Team
The Sauber actually looked like a beast of a car in the wet. Also Ferrari for their pitwork.
3 - Best Overtake
Ricciardo on Senna or Ricciardo on Koboy, take your pick.
4 - Best Moment
Most of the race.
5 - Worst Driver
I can't really think of one in particular. Grosjean was a bit dense, as were Massa, Button and Vettel.
6 - Worst Team
Red Bull for lack of pace and the "stop the car!/don't stop the car!/STOP THE CAR NOW!" schenanigans
7 - Best Rookie
There are only two aren't there? In which case Jean-Eric Vergne, who looked like a rabbit in the media headlights post-race.
8 - Biggest Surprise
A great deal of teams' wet race pace, particularly Macca. Rain is a great leveller - as long as your car can handle it.

9/10 - An outstandingly good race. Shame I couldn't watch it live, but at least I missed the hold-up.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.