Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus F1 Team

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus Renault GP

Post by iceman1 » 01 Mar 2012, 17:08

We've updated the site with the top gear story:

http://www.f1zone.net/news/raikkonen-to ... -11/12648/

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 01 Mar 2012, 17:30

It is good that Romain and Kimi have similar driving style. It should make car setup easier for the team. When Kimi was in Ferrari he was very different from Massa. Luca Baldisseri commented it in an interview in Turun Sanomat 19.6.2008. The story can not be found from online archives of Turun Sanomat, but it is still in google's cache:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... en&ct=clnk (in Finnish)

The link is to the whole article, but I have quoted only what he says about their differences.
Drivers have large differences in driving

Baldisseri says that the drivers of Ferrari have clear differences.

- Technically, Kimi and Felipe are very different. Kimi wants a very quick car to take to the corner. When Kimi lifts brake pedal, he has speed and he gets the car right away into perfect racing line. This is Kim's strongest side in his driving.

- Whereas Felipe is an opposite case. He goes more slowly to the corner and tries to maximize the grip in acceleration.

- If our car understeer, one of our driver is dead, but the other can work with it, Baldisseri says.

Also as personalities they are different.

- Everyone has their own style of communicating. When Kimi came to the team, at the beginning we had problems, but we quickly got used to each other. Kim is easy to discuss with. He speaks with great accuracy and precision.

- Kimi is a very cold-blooded guy, and Felipe is a very impulsive type. He learned a lot of humility while driving with Michael, and has evolved a lot. He is very strong in qualifying and is able to take advantage of it in the race. Therefore, he may well win the championship as Kimi has already done, Baldisseri said.
There could be a tight race inside of Lotus team too :roll:: Hope their nerves can take it.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 01 Mar 2012, 17:33

I've watched Top Gear for a long time and while I always secretly hoped that Kimi would make an appearance on it, I never thought that it was something that he would ever agree to do. I can't believe it! :D

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 01 Mar 2012, 18:26

Stupid MTV3 shows US version of Top Gear :<>: What a disappointment. The show is not like BBC's original - it's boring. Wonder when I'll see Kimi in Top Gear if ever. I hope someone puts a clip of Kimi into youtube or somewhere.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 01 Mar 2012, 18:35

reppo wrote:Stupid MTV3 shows US version of Top Gear :<>: What a disappointment. The show is not like BBC's original - it's boring. Wonder when I'll see Kimi in Top Gear if ever. I hope someone puts a clip of Kimi into youtube or somewhere.
You just have to check this thread :O

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=6976

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 01 Mar 2012, 18:42

iceman1 wrote:
reppo wrote:Stupid MTV3 shows US version of Top Gear :<>: What a disappointment. The show is not like BBC's original - it's boring. Wonder when I'll see Kimi in Top Gear if ever. I hope someone puts a clip of Kimi into youtube or somewhere.
You just have to check this thread :O

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=6976
GREAT :drool:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 01 Mar 2012, 19:05

And here comes the silly question of the day... what's Top Gear? :blush:

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 01 Mar 2012, 19:18

Mar wrote:And here comes the silly question of the day... what's Top Gear? :blush:
It's a show where Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May do more or less stupid things with cars or something, like trying to plow a snowy road with a harvester. And they test sports cars and they put their guests to drive on the track to see how good lap times they get. A show not to take too seriously :)

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 01 Mar 2012, 19:22

Thanks!

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 01 Mar 2012, 23:30

From Top Gear magazine:

Image Image Image Image

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 02 Mar 2012, 07:37

thank you!

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 02 Mar 2012, 10:18

Many thanks for the info and the scans! :) :) :shhh:

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 02 Mar 2012, 12:28

If E20 turns out to be c**p:
Off-Topic: show
Kimi can go to lawn mover racing

Also:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/2 ... 07740.html
Lawn Mower Racing On Ice Is Finland's Hottest New Sport (VIDEO)

HuffPost Weird News David Moye Posted: 02/28/2012 5:27 pm

Lawn mowers are supposed to be for cutting grass, but put them on ice and you have Finland's hottest new sport: ice lawn mower racing.

The country just held its third annual Winter Grand Prix near the town of Jarvenpaa, and the highlight was the ice lawn mower race where teams from England, Estonia and Luxembourg faced a local team in a grueling competition, according to 9News.com.

Normally a British sport, lawn mower racing has sprouted up in other countries, but the Finns take it in a direction not originally intended, since lawnmowers aren't typically used in the snow.

The object of the sport is to ride a lawn mower and accumulate as many laps as possible around a 1968-foot track in three hours, which isn't always easy, according to British racer Jason Huskinson, especially since race organizers add water on top of the snow and let it freeze to make the surface even more slippery.

"It's really bumpy. I'm really tired out. Brilliant," Huskinson told Reuters reporter Ellie Park.

Since the mowers reach speeds of 30 mph, fellow racer Mark Botts says the secret to succeeding is giving up any claims to sanity.

"You have to be crazy to do this," he told Park.

The competition was heated, but the Estonian team rolled away with the top prize by completing 136 laps.
:)

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 03 Mar 2012, 12:31

http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/f1/318022.html (in Finnish)
Slade and Räikkönen had their first meeting in six years

Turun Sanomat 2.3.2012 23:24:32

Kimi Raikkonen came to Barcelona in the afternoon and had a long meeting about the test schedule with his race engineer Mark Slade, who started in the team at the beginning of March. Slade worked with Räikkönen last time in McLaren in 2006.

Finnish driver is in the next Wednesday in popular British Top Gear tv show and tries to break Sebastian Vettel's top time at airport of Dunsfieldin. BBC broadcasts the program a week later on Sunday.

Grosjean has a Japanese race engineer Ayao Komatsu, and he joked that radio traffic certainly sounds amusing when a French and a Japanese are having a conversation.

- We'll try to give Kimi and his engineers all the feedback what we can. Kimi will be trying different things, so that we can get the car into top shape in Melbourne, Grosjean explained.

Turun Sanomat, Barcelona

HEIKKI KULTA