Hello everybody

New to F1Zone.net? Why don't you introduce yourself to the community here
reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Hello everybody

Post by reppo » 15 Jan 2012, 17:24

Like any other dump Finn, I just jumped in to the cockpit and to quote Mika Häkkinen: "HANAA HANAA" which means something like full throttle ahead. Now I was just browsing around and noticed this place. This is kind of off topic so don't start any conversations here. After all this is just my introduction.

I got interested in F1 first time when Leo Kinnunen entered F1. He was driving sport cars for Gulf, Mclaren, AAW Team and others and in 1974 he got an offer from John Surtees to get a leased Surtees TS16 with Cosworth DFV V8 engine. Kinnunen hated the car saying it is under powered piece of **** but because of courtesy to sponsors he and AAW did enter to races. Bernie Ecclestone wanted him to drive free for Brabham but he went back to sport cars to drive Porsche 917/30 for Martini.

After Kinnunen it took 4 years before next Finn entered to F1. He was Keke Rosberg. At first, when he was driving in poor teams, he earned himself a name Mr. Excuse. Finns expected him to win even there was no realistic possibility in inferior teams. Later in Williams he won WDC and he no longer was Mr. Excuse in Finland. After his racing career he became a manager bringing JJ Lehto and Mika Häkkinen to F1. No need to comment what they have accomplished. Keke was also a popular commentator in Finnish TV, teaming up with reporter Matti Kyllönen. Matti wasn't very technically oriented and I still remember him yelling: "THERE IS SMOKE COMING OUT FROM REAR OVERHANGS OF THE CAR". Keke calmly just said: "We professional call them exhaust pipes". They were fun to listen. After JJ Lehto there has been always at least one Finn in F1 and no more about that.

The reason I game to this forum is I can't see here such hatred and flame wars so many forums suffers. Instead here people express their opinions, giving reasons for their opinions and respecting each others opinions. Years ago I was a regular poster in usenet motorsport groups and there was really insults flying around that I started to avoid un-moderated groups. It looks now that moderated groups in usenet are dying and un-moderated are following behind and I don't miss them.

So I rise my hat to all of you :hatoff: and wish interesting and eventful 2012 season.

Adam
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: Hello everybody

Post by Adam » 16 Jan 2012, 23:21

reppo wrote:Like any other dump Finn, I just jumped in to the cockpit and to quote Mika Häkkinen: "HANAA HANAA" which means something like full throttle ahead. Now I was just browsing around and noticed this place. This is kind of off topic so don't start any conversations here. After all this is just my introduction.

I got interested in F1 first time when Leo Kinnunen entered F1. He was driving sport cars for Gulf, Mclaren, AAW Team and others and in 1974 he got an offer from John Surtees to get a leased Surtees TS16 with Cosworth DFV V8 engine. Kinnunen hated the car saying it is under powered piece of **** but because of courtesy to sponsors he and AAW did enter to races. Bernie Ecclestone wanted him to drive free for Brabham but he went back to sport cars to drive Porsche 917/30 for Martini.

After Kinnunen it took 4 years before next Finn entered to F1. He was Keke Rosberg. At first, when he was driving in poor teams, he earned himself a name Mr. Excuse. Finns expected him to win even there was no realistic possibility in inferior teams. Later in Williams he won WDC and he no longer was Mr. Excuse in Finland. After his racing career he became a manager bringing JJ Lehto and Mika Häkkinen to F1. No need to comment what they have accomplished. Keke was also a popular commentator in Finnish TV, teaming up with reporter Matti Kyllönen. Matti wasn't very technically oriented and I still remember him yelling: "THERE IS SMOKE COMING OUT FROM REAR OVERHANGS OF THE CAR". Keke calmly just said: "We professional call them exhaust pipes". They were fun to listen. After JJ Lehto there has been always at least one Finn in F1 and no more about that.

The reason I game to this forum is I can't see here such hatred and flame wars so many forums suffers. Instead here people express their opinions, giving reasons for their opinions and respecting each others opinions. Years ago I was a regular poster in usenet motorsport groups and there was really insults flying around that I started to avoid un-moderated groups. It looks now that moderated groups in usenet are dying and un-moderated are following behind and I don't miss them.

So I rise my hat to all of you :hatoff: and wish interesting and eventful 2012 season.
Exactly the same reason why I came here. This forum is paradise. :hug:

And a late welcome there. Flag:##

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 18 Jan 2012, 15:05

Welcome reppo.

Your contributions are really good. It's a good asset to the forum to have you. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 20 Jan 2012, 15:24

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 27 Jan 2012, 09:57

@welcome@
already 160 posts in, you are no more a newbie :lol: