Renault want Alonso back!

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Renault want Alonso back!

Post by Silver Shadow » 07 Jul 2007, 15:54

I was reading through the F1 news today, and I found this:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/07072007/ ... nault.html
Formula One driver Alonso possible target by Renault

Sat 07 Jul, 01:48 PM

MADRID (AFP) - Formula One team Renualt are set to bring back their former driver and double world champion Fernando Alonso to the French stable, according to Spanish sports newspaper As on Saturday.

The Spanish daily reported that Renault principle Flavio Briatore is keen to resign Alonso, who currently drives for constructor leaders McLaren, for the 2008 season and for a minimum contract of two years.

Alonso, who has been outshined by teammate and rookie sensation Lewis Hamilton in the early stages of this season, is at the heart of other speculations notably a possible move to Italian team Ferrari.

The 25-year-old Spaniard recently hinted at favouritism within McLaren towards British teammate Hamilton, who has reached every podium this season winning two Grand Prixs.

Alonso was crowned Formula One champion with Renault in 2005 and 2006 and is currently second in the driver's standings 14 points behind Hamilton.
Do you guys think that Flavio is blabbering away, or does he truly want to lure back Alonso because of the not-so-preferential treatment he is receiving at McLaren? I personally think that Flavio is making big wishes right now, and if he wants Alonso back, Alonso will have to take a pretty sizeable pay cut, but we all know that he's not Ralfie :D

SS

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: Renault want Alonso back!

Post by iceman1 » 07 Jul 2007, 16:51

Lewis has had a phenomenal start to his F1 career that is undeniable, but i really don't think Fernando will leave. There has been talk about a rift, but i wonder just how much of these reports have been vastly exaggerated by the press. At the moment Fernando is driving the best car for a team he has always dreamed of driving for. he was a McLaren fan when Senna was driving. what people fail to remember is that Fernando has moved to a new team, driving a new car with different tyres. Lewis has been testing the McLarens for a lot longer than Fernando as Renault wouldn't release him.

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 07 Jul 2007, 18:28

Frankly, I don't see Alonso leaving McLaren. It is his best bet for championship contention. If Alonso can keep his head on his shoulders and deal with LH's rookie stardom then he will do fine. Even if Alonso went to Renault his biggest competitor is still LH. So for a definite pay-cut, sub-par car... You do the math!

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 07 Jul 2007, 19:20

Me 2 why would he go back to renault, he won 2 times the constructers and drivers championship so what use does it has to get back?

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 07 Jul 2007, 20:31

well obviously renault want alonso back...they never wanted him to leave
but does alonso want reanutl...
mm tofu

xman2331
kart driver
kart driver

Post by xman2331 » 08 Jul 2007, 08:09

once someone leaves for a bigger team they dont go back imo. It would be like Michael leaving Ferrari after the initial struggles he had and move back to Benetton. Not only will it tarnish his legacy but it jus simply doesn't make sense. Alonso is in an "A" team now no point in moving back to a "B" team.

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 08 Jul 2007, 14:17

I've heard something that Renault Jenson Button wants to have back and I think that would be a great team with Heiki and Jenson.

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 08 Jul 2007, 17:24

HamiltonF1 wrote:I've heard something that Renault Jenson Button wants to have back and I think that would be a great team with Heiki and Jenson.
It makes sense, I think now when Button is at the very bottom he is desperate for a bigger team, he can't stand all the atention goes at Hamy, and he is all alone ::oops:;
BMW Power

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 09 Jul 2007, 09:17

You don;t drive in the formula 1 for the atention but I think its better for him to go back to renault if you would see what he preformed there before he went to Honda.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 09 Jul 2007, 17:38

bring back michelin tyres, maybe he'll come back to renault :D

z06_23_45
car driver
car driver

Post by z06_23_45 » 27 Jul 2007, 21:39

megasyxx wrote:bring back michelin tyres, maybe he'll come back to renault :D
:@:2 :@:2

Thats funny! I think Alonso is happy where he is at and will stay there and win a 3rd World Championship with Mclaren Mercedes.

xplor
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by xplor » 28 Jul 2007, 01:21

iceman1 wrote:Lewis has had a phenomenal start to his F1 career that is undeniable, but i really don't think Fernando will leave. There has been talk about a rift, but i wonder just how much of these reports have been vastly exaggerated by the press. At the moment Fernando is driving the best car for a team he has always dreamed of driving for. he was a McLaren fan when Senna was driving. what people fail to remember is that Fernando has moved to a new team, driving a new car with different tyres. Lewis has been testing the McLarens for a lot longer than Fernando as Renault wouldn't release him.
totaly agree with this, he is winning races, 2 points behind in the drivers standings, and as much as i like hamilton i must say alonso is the favourite to win the title, he has a pay check way bigger than the renault team can offer, why move?
FORÇA PARENTE!
Alvaro Parente, 2009 GP2 Driver,From Portugal