Montezemolo wants more testing

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Montezemolo wants more testing

Post by reppo » 23 Dec 2011, 14:05

Ferrari pushing for increase in F1 testing limit, so as not to stifle opportunities for young drivers

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96822

He says:
"I'm not allowed to test in Fiorano, but I'm forced to invest a huge amount of money in the simulator," he said. "You can see that the simulator is like a building.
That's what I've been thinking all along. Teams must invest into better wind tunnels and simulators and does it really save costs in smaller teams.
I don't think so. :<>:

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Montezemolo wants more testing

Post by sejtur » 23 Dec 2011, 15:24

i totally agree. more testing FTW!

F1Fan88
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by F1Fan88 » 24 Dec 2011, 09:51

If you didn't need to test you wouldn't need to race :O

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 26 Dec 2011, 15:18

Ecclestone once suggested to have an extra testing day on Monday after the race since all the gear was already there in place. He didn't get much support for that idea. Wonder why.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 26 Dec 2011, 15:22

reppo wrote:Ecclestone once suggested to have an extra testing day on Monday after the race since all the gear was already there in place. He didn't get much support for that idea. Wonder why.
A Monday test would be genius. Some of the team could go home, but fans could come back say for a $20 entry fee or something. You could get some good access, and do it post-European race weekends, where the cost will probably be cheaper.

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 08 Jan 2012, 19:18

phil1993 wrote:A Monday test would be genius. Some of the team could go home, but fans could come back say for a $20 entry fee or something. You could get some good access, and do it post-European race weekends, where the cost will probably be cheaper.
Me too like the idea. Friday and Saturday testing should be left to race drivers. They need it. Also if a test driver breaks the car he can ruin the weekend for the team. On Mondays teams could organize a whole day session where their sponsors could bring quests to meet teams and drivers. There could be test drivers and at least one race driver on the spot. They could test new parts for the next race and if cars are broken there is time to fix if before next race. Surely fans would be interested too to see some extra action on the track. They (FIA, teams etc) ought to read this forum :<>: