Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus F1 Team

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus Renault GP

Post by Kriss » 29 Nov 2011, 15:13

Mar wrote:That MaxRally article hurts, a lot ::oops:;
indeed :(

geewhiz14
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by geewhiz14 » 29 Nov 2011, 15:29

In celebration of his return, My Open Letter To Kimi Raikkonen (Part 2):
http://wp.me/p10DmM-ix
:D
Football+Racing+Design+Travel: http://bouncebackabilitrix.wordpress.com
Architecture+Design+Arts&Crafts+Lifestyle: http://marjitecture.wordpress.com

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Nov 2011, 15:41

geewhiz14 wrote:In celebration of his return, My Open Letter To Kimi Raikkonen (Part 2):
http://wp.me/p10DmM-ix
:D
I love it :thumbsup: it's brilliant and funny :hatoff: :lol:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Nov 2011, 15:46

Former grand prix driver Jean Alesi says Kimi Raikkonen will be a boost for Lotus
By Pablo Elizalde Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 15:02 GMT

Former grand prix driver Jean Alesi believes the Lotus Renault team will get a boost from the arrival of Kimi Raikkonen.

The 2007 world champion has signed a two-year deal with the team and will return to grand prix action in 2012 after leaving the sport at the end of the 2009 season.

Alesi believes the arrival of Raikkonen is great news for Renault, which will race under the Lotus name next year.

"It's fantastic news," said Alesi, now working as an ambassador for Group Lotus. "Kimi has more natural speed than just about anyone who has ever raced a Grand Prix car, and if he's coming back it's because he wants to do it, he misses F1, and he believes he can do well.

"He has had a short break, which was a little bit forced by Ferrari. I think he was fed up with the system and wanted to take time out, which I can totally understand. But now he's coming back, with Lotus, so it's really exciting.

Alesi expects Raikkonen to be able to get the maximum out of next year's car despite his absence from Formula 1.

He added: "The great thing with Kimi is he extracts the maximum from a quick car. When the car was good at McLaren and Ferrari he was always winning. LRGP will expect him to extract the maximum from the Lotus as well."

The Frenchman reckons that Raikkonen's natural speed will be a "very valuable" to help the team move forward.

"F1 teams need a driver who will consistently set laptimes that are 100 per cent on the edge," he said. "That is what a driver of Kimi's caliber can do, to dance on the edge and never fall off. From that, the engineers get a baseline.

"They understand the true speed of their car and can make changes accordingly. It eradicates any doubt. I expect Kimi will be a very valuable tool indeed. But I don't expect a lot of talking outside the car! I'm sure he hasn't changed a bit."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96582

majidasadi
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by majidasadi » 29 Nov 2011, 15:58

Kimi's contract is a big motivation for Renault, no doubt they will work harder, this season they put many of their resources into front exhaust, the idea which didn't work, but who knows may be next year they will find something new (like Brawn and double diffuser) and will be able to change the game.
and about his team mate I think Petrov is a good choice, he is quick, can do very well in a good car, he can play a good supporting role to Kimi and he brings many sponsors from Russia, which means a lot of money
A craven can be as brave as any man, when there is nothing to fear. And we all do our duty, when there is no cost to it. How easy it seems then, to walk the path of honor.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 29 Nov 2011, 15:59

Kimi is still trending in Spain:

The joke around here is that we have "Kimi" trending instead of "Räikkönen" because nobody has a clue about how to write it right :lol: But it's true, I still remember Alonso trying to write it once :roll::

escalador
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by escalador » 29 Nov 2011, 16:05

Great news!!!! My favorite driver is coming back!
What will happen now with Kubica?

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Nov 2011, 17:07

Renault boss Eric Bourlier sure Kimi Raikkonen will deliver in Formula 1 return
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96583

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 29 Nov 2011, 17:08

Kriss wrote:Renault boss Eric Bourlier sure Kimi Raikkonen will deliver in Formula 1 return
Thanks Kriss! You are faster than me :p :hug:

I guess Boullier looked him in the eye and was convinced :roll::
Last edited by sleenster on 29 Nov 2011, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Nov 2011, 17:09

sleenster wrote:
Kriss wrote:Renault boss Eric Bourlier sure Kimi Raikkonen will deliver in Formula 1 return
Thanks Kriss! You are faster than me :p :hug:
this was the 1st time, it's hard to beat you :lol: :hug:

frubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by frubbs » 29 Nov 2011, 17:17

what is all this thing around petrov ?
Renault said he has 10 days to decide if he wants to stay, but why would he leave ?
what are his options? are those options so good thay he really thinks about leaving renault ? he was angry with the team but is it enought to drop?

what am i missing ?
Image 322 gps | 14 pp | 11 1st

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 29 Nov 2011, 17:49

frubbs wrote:what is all this thing around petrov ?
Renault said he has 10 days to decide if he wants to stay, but why would he leave ?
what are his options? are those options so good thay he really thinks about leaving renault ? he was angry with the team but is it enought to drop?

what am i missing ?
I did find that quote odd as well :confused: but I was so distracted by the Kimi news that I didn't pay much attention to it..

Perhaps some other team is announcing their drivers before the 10 day deadline but Petrov's first choice is Renault. And if he turns down other teams to wait for Renault's decision, he might end up with no seat at all....I don't know really :huh:

Petar
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Petar » 29 Nov 2011, 17:50

kimi was strugling in 2009 with ferrari so i don't expect more from him in next season. i think that michael schumacher will be better than raikkonen.

only time will tell... Image
ImageImage

frubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by frubbs » 29 Nov 2011, 17:59

Barrichello about Kimi: "i didn't saw it coming! But i always said that my biggest chances was at williams."

In fact, Rubens' chances increase now...
Image 322 gps | 14 pp | 11 1st