Public opinion.

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
T70
car driver
car driver

Public opinion.

Post by T70 » 12 Nov 2011, 09:31

I am a firm believer that public opinion with regards to how we {the paying public) see the racing i.e.if it`s not exciting, boring etc. are listened to. We may not get the oppertunity to speak directly to F1 heirachy but i am convinced that what is written on forums, blogs, magazine letters are fed back and acted on all be it much later than we would like.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Public opinion.

Post by François » 12 Nov 2011, 11:10

Good! Keep thinking that.

frubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by frubbs » 12 Nov 2011, 11:16

i agree...
but, it is not hard to realize when a race (or a season) is boring.
And they are continuously changing the rules to avoid it.
Image 322 gps | 14 pp | 11 1st

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 12 Nov 2011, 11:24

Drivers read articles written on the Internet. Maybe not the top ones, but most do. Same with team principals. They'll read, most probably, Twitter comments and Autosport's forum, even ours possibly. I know some of the guys at Haymarket publishing were looking at our news site.

It may take 3 or 4 steps to reach the top, but the Internet has revolutionised motor racing and given fans a voice that, until possibly the mid-00s, they didn't have.

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 12 Nov 2011, 11:50

phil1993 wrote:Drivers read articles written on the Internet. Maybe not the top ones, but most do. Same with team principals. They'll read, most probably, Twitter comments and Autosport's forum, even ours possibly. I know some of the guys at Haymarket publishing were looking at our news site.

It may take 3 or 4 steps to reach the top, but the Internet has revolutionised motor racing and given fans a voice that, until possibly the mid-00s, they didn't have.
I'd say they did have a voice before then, albeit limited, through the publication of comments in magazines and (sometimes) newspapers. However the internet has made it much easier for fans to share their thoughts, and I agree that this revolutioned motor racing and given them a much stronger voice.

frubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by frubbs » 12 Nov 2011, 11:55

cformula1 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Drivers read articles written on the Internet. Maybe not the top ones, but most do. Same with team principals. They'll read, most probably, Twitter comments and Autosport's forum, even ours possibly. I know some of the guys at Haymarket publishing were looking at our news site.

I'd say they did have a voice before then, albeit limited, through the publication of comments in magazines and (sometimes) newspapers. However the internet has made it much easier for fans to share their thoughts, and I agree that this revolutioned motor racing and given them a much stronger voice.
in fact, all 'business to customer' communications were deeply improved by internet.
Image 322 gps | 14 pp | 11 1st

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 12 Nov 2011, 11:55

People's letters in magazine comments are often hilarious though. I saw once shouting for Lewis to be banned following Silverstone, where he and Massa had that great last lap scrap.