The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by Boudica » 03 Nov 2011, 13:54

Great I hope Kimi does well in Rally Wales.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 03 Nov 2011, 17:54

NewF1Boy
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by NewF1Boy » 03 Nov 2011, 22:01

The press said Williams will announce Kimi in India, and now it's in abu dhabi. They are guessing until they get it right :lol:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 04 Nov 2011, 09:11

A very nice video of Kimi's tests:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl2E616eqbQ

I don't know if that's the most effective way to drive a DS3, but he surely drives beautifully. :(

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 04 Nov 2011, 10:32

Thanks Mar. I hope that we could see those kind of videos at next year too.
I miss a babysitter

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 04 Nov 2011, 15:28

According to Motorsport-total, Toto Wolff has confirmed to Krone that they're negotiating with Kimi (I can't find it in Krone's site, though), that the negotiation is serious and not a show but far from done deal and that they are also considering other names like Bianchi and Bottas.

Motorsport-total also says Sutil and Barrichello are options, but since they didn't use quotation marks, I don't know if Wolff was the one who said it or if it was an addition by Motorsport-total.

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 10406.html

-----------------------------------------
And here, I begin to speculate:

a) even if Wolff says it is not a done deal, it is a done deal and that's why he talks about it to the press.

b) they are trying to get Kimi money demands down and that's why he goes to the press. Traditionally, that has not been a good dealing strategy with Kimi.

c) negotiations broke down and now Wolff is using them in the press to get a bit of free PR.

d) Wolff is putting a bit of pressure on a sponsor to put a bit more of money, or they will "lose" the driver with the big name.

Any other ideas?

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 05 Nov 2011, 07:52

Mar wrote:According to Motorsport-total, Toto Wolff has confirmed to Krone that they're negotiating with Kimi (I can't find it in Krone's site, though), that the negotiation is serious and not a show but far from done deal and that they are also considering other names like Bianchi and Bottas.

Motorsport-total also says Sutil and Barrichello are options, but since they didn't use quotation marks, I don't know if Wolff was the one who said it or if it was an addition by Motorsport-total.

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 10406.html

-----------------------------------------
And here, I begin to speculate:

a) even if Wolff says it is not a done deal, it is a done deal and that's why he talks about it to the press.

b) they are trying to get Kimi money demands down and that's why he goes to the press. Traditionally, that has not been a good dealing strategy with Kimi.

c) negotiations broke down and now Wolff is using them in the press to get a bit of free PR.

d) Wolff is putting a bit of pressure on a sponsor to put a bit more of money, or they will "lose" the driver with the big name.

Any other ideas?
This has gone way too far. Me thinks b, c and d may be ruled ot. Sorry Moomin, that`s only how I see it.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 05 Nov 2011, 09:14

After what happened with McLaren, I belong to the "there is nothing until it is official" group... just in case :lol:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 05 Nov 2011, 11:24

Mar wrote:After what happened with McLaren, I belong to the "there is nothing until it is official" group... just in case :lol:
The press were so sure that Kimi was going to sign with McLaren because they were sooooo close to signing, they don't seem to have learned their lesson this time around either :roll:: :lol:

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 05 Nov 2011, 15:05

Wolff was in talking mood yesterday.. :p
http://derstandard.at/1319182010599/Rae ... erlegungen
"Raikkonen is only part of the considerations"
04th November 2011 18:56

Williams-Executive Toto Wolff: Former world champion is one of several candidates for the second cockpit alongside Pastor Maldonado

According to media reports from Italy and Finland, Kimi Raikkonen will return to F1 next season and replace Rubens Barrichello at Williams. The deal should already be announced on the next race on 13th November in Abu Dhabi.

"Not true," said Toto Wolff, co-owner of the racing team when asked by "derStandard.at" and adds: "We have serious discussions. But Raikkonen is just part of our considerations"

Raikkonen left F1 in 2009 and starts since then in the World Rally Championship. Between 2001 and 2009 he drove a total of 156 races for Sauber, McLaren Mercedes and Ferrari.

Asked about possible alternatives, Wolff doesn't exclude Rubens Barrichello to remain. Also other drivers are in the running for second place alongside Pastor Maldonado, for instance, German Adrian Sutil seems to be a candidate. He currently drives for Force India.

A relevant decision won't be made, according to Wolff, in Abu Dhabi but possibly before the season finale in Brazil. First, the management board has to find a common ground, which "brings a good long term decision."

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 05 Nov 2011, 16:42

Thanks Miezi :hug:

Too much talk from Wolff in my opinion. ''hmm''
Dunno, in normal circumstances I would say it is done or it is completely gone. But with Kimi involved... no idea.

BTW, I don't really know where to post it but in one of the press releases from Citroën, the one about the privateers previous to GB, Nogier says it is the last rally of Petter with Citroën.
There is nothing similar about Kimi, though.

http://www.citroen-wrc.com/fr/saison/20 ... niques#993

-------------

EDIT: Sleenster had already linked the Citroën press release in the Rally Wales thread (and in English)

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 05 Nov 2011, 17:36

Mar wrote:Thanks Miezi :hug:

Too much talk from Wolff in my opinion. ''hmm''
Dunno, in normal circumstances I would say it is done or it is completely gone. But with Kimi involved... no idea.
yeah a bit strange but on the other hand with the article from "Krone", with is a tabloid btw, Kimi's possible return got reported on many sites here (they are a bit slow :zz: ) so I guess that's why "Standard" asked Wolff for clarification.
BTW, I don't really know where to post it but in one of the press releases from Citroën, the one about the privateers previous to GB, Nogier says it is the last rally of Petter with Citroën.
There is nothing similar about Kimi, though.

http://www.citroen-wrc.com/fr/saison/20 ... niques#993
so it's VW or nothing for Petter? :(

NewF1Boy
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by NewF1Boy » 07 Nov 2011, 18:55

Mr Saward opened his mouth
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/11/ ... -about-it/
Toto Wolff, who owns around 20 percent of the Williams team, says that the team is in negotiation with Kimi Raikkonen. The Austrian investor said that “The Kimi Raikkonen file is on the table. The story is not a publicity stunt. We are negotiating seriously. There are several options. It will be a strategic decision.”

Wolff says that an aggressive choice would be to run Ferrari test driver Jules Bianchi, who is managed by Nicolas Todt, who currently manages the team’s other driver Pastor Maldonado. The 22-year-old Frenchman finished third in the GP2 Series this year and his presence in the team would please Williams’s new engine partner Renault. However, running Bianchi and Maldonado would mean a very inexperienced duo, which is probably not what is needed. The other option is believed to be Adrian Sutil, who is expected to be dropped by Force India. Sutil is quick, but does not seem to know why he is quick, which is not much good for the team’s engineers as they try to develop cars. Raikkonen is thus the best choice of the three, in terms of prestige and performance. There remain some question marks about his motivation which seemed to tail off dramatically after he won the World Championship with Ferrari in 2007. He was outpaced by Felipe Massa in 2008 and was dropped at the end of 2009, a year ahead of the end of his Ferrari contract.

While money may seem to be a problem, there are increasing rumours that the team will be sponsored by QNB, the Qatar national bank, which has major international expansion plans. There have been rumours of an announcement coming at Abu Dhabi, but that does not really make sense and we would expect the team to leave the news for a few days to get maximum exposure.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 08 Nov 2011, 00:55

luie, Kimi answered your question :S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mthFwsfyuBw

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 08 Nov 2011, 01:27