Hamilton returns to the track thanks to breakdown truck

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
kamikatze
car driver
car driver

Hamilton returns to the track thanks to breakdown truck

Post by kamikatze » 23 Jul 2007, 06:37

Hello, I would like to know if is legal action to return one car to the race by breakdown truck like that happened with Hamilton when some cars go out the track beacuse the rain, the action in this case was dangerous and why the others drivers didn`t do the same thing in the int this or the other races?...
Thanks. :roll:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: Hamilton returns to the track thanks to breakdown truck

Post by iceman1 » 23 Jul 2007, 07:48

If you spin off and end up in the gravel you can be pushed or lifted back out on track if you keep your engine running!

Just like in 03 when Schumacher was pushed or back on track by the Marshals at Europe in 2003 because he was in a dangerous place and had the engione running

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 23 Jul 2007, 12:31

All very legal.

viral320
car driver
car driver

Post by viral320 » 23 Jul 2007, 19:23

I didnt know that was legal.. in case if the car is not in a dangerous positioin... can it still be pushed onto the track?

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 23 Jul 2007, 19:45

No, if the car is not in a dangerous position, it cannot be helped back on track. And imo it was in a dangerous position. Liuzzi's car just missed the tractor itself.

GodHatesKimi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by GodHatesKimi » 23 Jul 2007, 23:20

Twas a ver strange incident, funny how the itv team didnt mention it!! i remember outcry when MS was pushed back onto the track! Hamilton was freeking lifted on with a crane!! :huh:
BRING BACK SUZUKA!!!

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 24 Jul 2007, 00:48

GodHatesKimi wrote:Twas a ver strange incident, funny how the itv team didnt mention it!! i remember outcry when MS was pushed back onto the track! Hamilton was freeking lifted on with a crane!! :huh:
yeah itv commentators really love to ignore these things and when anything they see is of any disadvantage to 'Britain's Lewis Hamilton', they start calling murder :cheesy:

lewis lost control of his car and he was out of the race, it's not fair to put him back onto the track, just because lewis was the one who was in the dangerous position...fia should make the rules a bit more clearer, it's a disgrace that this was never even investigated, if you crash out of the race you retire, that's how it is
mm tofu

SchumiWDC
car driver
car driver

Post by SchumiWDC » 24 Jul 2007, 02:18

I guess it was legal, but I don't think you should get another chance if you spin off :huh:

sonofgabe
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sonofgabe » 24 Jul 2007, 16:57

Yeah, the rules say it's legal, but if you're stuck, you should be done.

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 24 Jul 2007, 17:00

Montoya spun off in Spain or Germany last year and was teetering on a kerb. He had his engine running (I think) but he wasn't helped off.

GodHatesKimi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by GodHatesKimi » 24 Jul 2007, 19:51

Silver Shadow wrote:Montoya spun off in Spain or Germany last year and was teetering on a kerb. He had his engine running (I think) but he wasn't helped off.
lol but JPM wasnt driving a mercedes at a german track! :P :T:@
BRING BACK SUZUKA!!!

mclarenmatt
kart driver
kart driver

Post by mclarenmatt » 25 Jul 2007, 08:03

GodHatesKimi wrote:
Silver Shadow wrote:Montoya spun off in Spain or Germany last year and was teetering on a kerb. He had his engine running (I think) but he wasn't helped off.
lol but JPM wasnt driving a mercedes at a german track! :P :T:@
LOL! I think the reason was because the car was stuck on the curb and had to be lifted by crane, also it was a very dangerous position for the marshalls to be in.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 25 Jul 2007, 12:53

Then, when a driver is on the gravel, and engine is on. He can call the truck to set on track again?

If anyone say, truck is very danger even with SC, then marshalls can push him?

formulaonemadman
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by formulaonemadman » 25 Jul 2007, 12:59

alex wrote:
GodHatesKimi wrote:Twas a ver strange incident, funny how the itv team didnt mention it!! i remember outcry when MS was pushed back onto the track! Hamilton was freeking lifted on with a crane!! :huh:
yeah itv commentators really love to ignore these things and when anything they see is of any disadvantage to 'Britain's Lewis Hamilton', they start calling murder :cheesy:

lewis lost control of his car and he was out of the race, it's not fair to put him back onto the track, just because lewis was the one who was in the dangerous position...fia should make the rules a bit more clearer, it's a disgrace that this was never even investigated, if you crash out of the race you retire, that's how it is
that is why i don't like hamiltton-to much of itv loving him to much and getting so worried if he is off or made a slightly wide turn-like when he was in france for practice on friday, he missed a corner and it was big news
why is someone going off for a few seconds and rejoining big news :huh:
im not saying he is a rubbish driver-completely oppisite but why can't itv just support him as much as other drivers not i not in uk and maybe even a bit more support for davidson, hamillton is getting to much :)
thanks shail69 for the avator!!!

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?P36

SpykerMF1
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by SpykerMF1 » 25 Jul 2007, 13:08

What I don't understand is if the car is in a dangerous position then the driver should have to get out of the car as soon as possible rather than put his and the marshalls lives at risk, and then they can get the car out over the tyre barriers faster.