The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
NewF1Boy
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by NewF1Boy » 29 Sep 2011, 09:04

Mar wrote:Thanks a ton :thumbsup:

Uff! :fear:

How reliable is this guy? I control pretty well the Spanish and the German press, but I don't have a clue about the British reporters :(

There's something in what he said about McLaren and 2009 that doesn't fit with the whole picture, though. I remember, perfectly, Christian Danner talking about Kimi and Red Bull during one of the red flags in Qualifying in Suzuka 2009. I don't know if McLaren is the one who said no, or if it was Kimi, or if it was both of them, but Kimi was talking with Red Bull before McLaren put his eyes in Button.
Mar, you have good knowledge of motorsports, I follow all your posts thanks for all the information you post :thumbsup:

From what I've read, his Finnish source is Heikki Kulta.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 29 Sep 2011, 14:11

MORE IMAGES OF THE ICE ONE RACING RALLY VEHICLE

Posted on September 29, 2011
We present three new views of the official Ice One Racing Rally vehicle that you will be able to race together with Kimi in the game. Front, side and top.

http://kimi.24mas.com/archives/170

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 29 Sep 2011, 16:02

Lovely, this car looks so cool! Ilive it like Kimi's real car! :) :) Thank you veary much, Sleenie! :hug:

sarnee_ice
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sarnee_ice » 29 Sep 2011, 16:16

Suomileijona wrote:Lovely, this car looks so cool! Ilive it like Kimi's real car! :) :) Thank you veary much, Sleenie! :hug:
+1 :hug:

sarnee_ice
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sarnee_ice » 29 Sep 2011, 16:17

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/formula-1 ... icle/6838/

Gray Matter: Could Kimi and Williams work?

The rumours of a Kimi Raikkonen F1 comeback have surfaced again, this time with Williams-Renault next year, but could the 'Ice Man' really return - and if so what does each party have to gain?

Williams confirmed last weekend that former world champion Raikkonen paid a private visit to their factory in Grove before the Italian Grand Prix as they seek to finalise their driver line-up for 2012.

Pastor Maldonado is believed to have a spot guaranteed with backing from PDSVA but Rubens Barrichello's place is seriously under threat and he has spoken quite frankly about his situation, saying the team has "not given me a good car yet" but suggesting they "should stick together" to get the best out of the relationship next year.

In contrast, it seems Williams are looking elsewhere. Adrian Sutil is known to have also visited the factory while Bruno Senna could be a very attractive option (with Brazilian funding) if he finds no space at the Genii Captial-owned Lotus GP team.

As a former world champion, it is easy to see why Raikkonen would be tempting for Williams, from both marketing and performance perspectives. But does he come with too many problems?

THE DOWN SIDES

There are many who doubt Raikkonen's overall commitment to racing, with the famous 'icecreamgate' incident in Malaysia 2009 leaving a hard-to-erase black mark on the Finn's credentials.

It has also been suggested that the Finn lacks the ability to lead a team and drive it forward, with suggestions that he feels insecure if his team-mate appears to have the team behind him (as happened with Massa at Ferrari) and that he has a resistance to marketing commitments and a lack of motivation for engineering briefings.

At 31, Raikkonen sits in the middle of the F1 age pack, not in the twilight of his career but not as young as the leaders of F1's latest era, the likes of Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.

His raw talent has never been in question - his natural racing instinct is one of the sharpest seen in F1's recent years - but it is the regularity that he allows this to be seen that frustrates his fans.

It is worth remembering, however, that the Finn did put in a few strong departing performances in his final year with Ferrari, after Felipe Massa had been sidelined through injury. Racing a poor car faster than should have been possible, he took good podium finishes while Massa's replacements Luca Badoer and Giancarlo Fisichella struggled to even get through the first part of qualifying.

WHAT'S IN IT FOR WILLIAMS?

The former champions have been in slow decline in recent years and have had one of their worst seasons in recent history this year, suffering from a lack of performance with the customer Cosworth engine and failing to make their miniscule gearbox gamble work to full effect.

A ninth place finish in the constructors' championship will not bring much prize money to the table for future development, but the team has been starting to put things in place ready to rise again.

Mike Coughlan, who worked for McLaren when Raikkonen was there, has joined to take the technical lead in place of departing technical director Sam Michael and is supported by a strong backroom in all areas, ready to take control if long-time leader Patrick Head's rumoured retirement happens at the end of the year.

More important than that, however, is the incoming supply of Renault engines, which the team announced with a fanfare of excitement earlier this year, referring back to the era of success enjoyed by Williams-Renault in the past and pointing towards a promising future.

That said, since then Red Bull Racing has firmly sided with the French engine manufacturer, taking the position as the effective 'works' team and raising question marks over the strength of the Williams-Renault relationship and the level of support they will receive.

Bringing in Raikkonen will instantly take Williams into the headlines - and if the car is good enough to bring some good results the interest of potential financial backers could follow. If the car is not a step up, however, the relationship could be more damaging than good.

There is also a chance that Williams are playing the Raikkonen card in the same way that Renault did last year - using his interest to drive the price tag for the seat higher before settling for one of the younger drivers who can bring in the cash. And only Williams know if that is the case.

WHAT'S IN IT FOR RAIKKONEN?

Firstly, Raikkonen did not actually choose to leave Formula One - he was ejected by Ferrari in favour of Alonso, and with limited options he chose a 'fun' rally move instead.

That rallying experience has not been the success he had hoped, with numerous crashes caused by over driving and reasonable but not headline grabbing results. Kubica's crash will also have made it clear how lucky he has been not to suffer any serious injuries.

A foray into NASCAR earlier this year, which Raikkonen mixed with his rally commitments, looked promising initially but was ultimately unsuccessful, ending with a 27th place finish and a return to Europe with his North American plans left 'open'.

If he wants to continue his racing career at the highest level, then, his options are reducing and his cache as an active F1 world champion will only go down the longer he stays off the Grand Prix grid, the longer he has without experiencing modern F1 machinery.

And that is why Williams might just do the job for next year - because it is 2013 that Raikkonen has his eye on.

If he does sign up for Williams, no matter what car the team gives him, then as long as he can drive like he did on those few occasions when he shone at Ferrari, his stock will rise just in time for what could be a major re-shuffle in the driver landscape...

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Sep 2011, 16:21

thanks sarnee_ice :hug:

sarnee_ice
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sarnee_ice » 29 Sep 2011, 16:24

Kriss wrote:thanks sarnee_ice :hug:
welcome Kriss! :)

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 29 Sep 2011, 16:52

A Tweet from colmcklein Colin McMaster

just done a photoshoot with kimi Raikkonen for an F1 magazine, contrary to popular belief he was great to work with!

The user just OWNED the critics royally.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Sep 2011, 16:57

luieluv wrote:A Tweet from colmcklein Colin McMaster

just done a photoshoot with kimi Raikkonen for an F1 magazine, contrary to popular belief he was great to work with!

I'm just wondering what does it mean or does it mean anything :zz:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 29 Sep 2011, 17:08

Kriss wrote:
luieluv wrote:A Tweet from colmcklein Colin McMaster

I'm just wondering what does it mean or does it mean anything :zz:
I hope that it only means that we get to see some nice pics of him soon :fear: :blush:

BTW that´s the reasn why he wasn´t present at the autographing session in the afternoon
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Sep 2011, 18:32

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
I hope that it only means that we get to see some nice pics of him soon :fear: :blush:
F1 pictures during Rally France :huh:
Kimi is not thaaaat busy :confused:
I feel for his fans who were there because of him :(

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 29 Sep 2011, 18:47

An F1 magazine?
well, let's see what he says.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 29 Sep 2011, 18:59

Feature article by Phil (phil1993):

Will Kimi Raikkonen return?
http://www.f1zone.net/news/will-kimi-ra ... turn/9320/

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Sep 2011, 19:01

Mar wrote:An F1 magazine?
well, let's see what he says.
do we really expect him to say anything specific :(
I think it will be the usual "I still have time to think about my future, I'n not in the hurry to decide anything" the "F1 door is not closed", "I have many options" and my favourite one "We'll see what happens" :(

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Sep 2011, 19:06

sleenster wrote:Feature article by Phil (phil1993):

Will Kimi Raikkonen return?
http://www.f1zone.net/news/will-kimi-ra ... turn/9320/
thanks sleenie :hug:
interesting :zz: