2007 Formula 1 European Grand Prix

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
tiFo
car driver
car driver

Re: 2007 Formula 1 European Grand Prix

Post by tiFo » 23 Jul 2007, 07:28

what an amazing race!! it had everything :D :D

# Laps led: Felipe Massa 47 (8 - 12, 14 - 55), Markus Winkelhock 6 (2 - 7), Fernando Alonso 5 (56 - 60), Kimi Räikkönen 1 (1), David Coulthard 1 (13)
# Laps from 2 to 7 were the first laps led by a Spyker, and debutante Markus Winkelhock.
# Markus Winkelhock became the first ever Formula One driver to go from last to first on the grid in his debut race. He also started from first and last due to the red flag.

they are some facts i wont be able to believe for a long time

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 23 Jul 2007, 09:41

Did anyone else get annoyed by Ron Dennis' antics on the podium? Pointing and laughing at Michael in my opinion was just out.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 23 Jul 2007, 11:55

donald29 wrote:Did anyone else get annoyed by Ron Dennis' antics on the podium? Pointing and laughing at Michael in my opinion was just out.
yeah i saw him taking trophy rudely from Michael.
Ron Denis is famous for this kind of attitude!
We all know Mclaren-Ferrari won :lol:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Senna Jr
car driver
car driver

Post by Senna Jr » 23 Jul 2007, 12:34

le Gp etait fantastique ! Cela faisait longtemps qu'il y avait pas eut de gp sous la pluie !
Alonso a ete un bon pilote meme si je l'aime pas !

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 23 Jul 2007, 14:52

Senna Jr wrote:le Gp etait fantastique ! Cela faisait longtemps qu'il y avait pas eut de gp sous la pluie !
Dude, this is english forum, if you want to talk francais or whatever, then go and talk it in
NON-ENGLISH area! <--- That's the link!

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 23 Jul 2007, 15:46

:D

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 23 Jul 2007, 15:49

Senna Jr wrote:le Gp etait fantastique ! Cela faisait longtemps qu'il y avait pas eut de gp sous la pluie !
Bienvenue ici :p si vous voulais parler en francais http://www.f1zone.net/viewforum.php?f=18
--------------------------------

European GP 2007 facts & statistics

A crazy race threw up some interesting statistics - we had a rookie driver leading the race, a rare red flag and - give thanks - the first proper pass for the lead on the track!

Here are some of the interesting facts and statistics from the European Grand Prix.

Kimi Raikkonen scored his second pole position of the year - the first since the season opener at Australia. Ironically, having won the last two races from somewhere other than pole, he failed to win this race from pole.

Fernando Alonso made the first pass on the track for the lead this year that wasn’t on a start or restart.

Alonso also became only the second driver to win the European Grand Prix more than once. In 17 races Michael Schumacher won six times, Alonso now twice, and Nelson Piquet, Alain Prost, Nigel Mansell, Ayrton Senna, Jacques Villeneuve, Mika Häkkinen, Johnny Herbert, Rubens Barrichello and Ralf Schumacher once each.

And Alonso is now the only driver to have scored points in every race this year. In fact, he hasn’t finished outside the top eight since his engine blew in last year’s Italian Grand Prix.

On his début Markus Winkelhock led six laps of the race - one more than Alonso, who won. Winkelhock is the second driver this year to lead his first ever Grand Prix, the other being, of course, Lewis Hamilton.

Spyker also led a Grand Prix for the first time. In its previous incarnation, Jordan, the team won four times.

He is also sixth German to start a Grand Prix this year and is the 51st German participant. There were also four drivers from the German Democratic Republic that entered Grands Prix, but none of them during the period of re-unification. Germany is fifth on the list of countries with the most Grand Prix participations, behind France (68).

The last driver to make his Grand Prix début at his home race was Zsolt Baumgartner in the 2003 Hungarian Grand Prix.

The race had five different leaders (the pair above plus Kimi Raikkonen, David Coulthard and Felipe Massa), the most since six different drivers led the 2005 Japanese Grand Prix.

Lots of Lewis Hamilton’s records came to an end: his string of nine podiums and points finishes. McLaren’s run of scoring points with both drivers in every race also ended.

It was the first time a race had been stopped since the 2001 Belgian Grand Prix, halted due to an accident involving Luciano Burti and Eddie Irvine.

The only round in Germany this year is called the European Grand Prix, making it the first time the calendar has been without a German Grand Prix since 1960.

McLaren-Mercedes won on the 80th anniversary of the first race at the Nürburgring, won by Rudolf Caracciola in a Mercedes-Benz.

Mark Webber scored his second podium finish, the first coming at Monaco in 2005.

Williams-Toyota now have twice as many points as Toyota, 18 to 9.

McLaren have out-scored Ferrari in seven races out of ten so far this year - conversely, Ferrari have only taken points off McLaren twice.

ODDBA11
kart driver
kart driver

Post by ODDBA11 » 23 Jul 2007, 16:05

i reckon that this is one of those races that will be remembered for a LONG time! like spa 1998 nd malaysia 2001. Especially those first four laps! i reckon Markus Winkelhock will also be remembered whether he succeeds in f1 or not just because of the situations that led towards his lead in the race. Brilliant race, u know its good when the lead is decided 5 laps from the end (though a good dose of rain helps too) :D

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 23 Jul 2007, 16:07

one more to add

Ferrari's 200th(cant remember exactly) Fastest Lap Flag:##

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

stevo
car driver
car driver

Post by stevo » 23 Jul 2007, 18:43

I can't believe I missed such an incredible race :)

ice385
car driver
car driver

Post by ice385 » 23 Jul 2007, 18:55

that was seriously one of the most awesome races!
rain in f1 rocks :P

Go McLaren :)

cx2007
kart driver
kart driver

Post by cx2007 » 23 Jul 2007, 22:49

such an entertaining race WOOT!, it was like a carpark in the first corner, i loved it, the nurburg ring was one of my favourtie tracks anywho, only bad thing was the BMW's colliding but thats becasue there my favourite, again great race.
CX2007

SchumiWDC
car driver
car driver

Post by SchumiWDC » 24 Jul 2007, 02:11

Great stuff, annoyed by Alonso's parc ferme actions though. Flag:##

stefanla
car driver
car driver

Post by stefanla » 24 Jul 2007, 03:04

I hope Lewis can bounce-back from his disappointing result and win at Budapest. Flag:##

sonofgabe
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sonofgabe » 24 Jul 2007, 03:36

It was an exciting race, but disappointing for me. I would have preferred a Massa win, and some points for Hamilton.