No votes
No votes

Total votes: 21

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Rate the 2011 German Grand Prix

Post by Eric_Cartman » 25 Jul 2011, 12:17

I didn't say that he was good yesterday. I have no problem that you saw him as the worst driver (If Buemi hadn't made that mistake, I would've also chosen Vettel as the worst driver yesterday. Ok, Chandhok was also pretty bad.)

But I can't understand, why you think that Vettel is a bad driver in general. He has improved a lot in the last 2 years and he reduced his mistakes which was his only weakness in my opinion.
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 25 Jul 2011, 12:26

Eric_Cartman wrote:I didn't say that he was good yesterday. I have no problem that you saw him as the worst driver (If Buemi hadn't made that mistake, I would've also chosen Vettel as the worst driver yesterday. Ok, Chandhok was also pretty bad.)

But I can't understand, why you think that Vettel is a bad driver in general. He has improved a lot in the last 2 years and he reduced his mistakes which was his only weakness in my opinion.
Ok, no problem, your opinion is as valid as mine. I really don't like him, I think he is a fast driver, but have a lot of mistake, and under preassure he used to fail. Can be a fast driver, but not a good driver.

And when I choose a better or worse driver or team, I used to think about his natural position (it's impossible, a HRT driver wins a race, so I am not going to wait until they win a race to say "best team = HRT"). Chandhok, was a pain, but, he was a long time ago without drive a F1, and at least he get the checked flag. It's not easy to drive a F1. It's not easy to get finish, so he is not my "worse driver"

naiego
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by naiego » 25 Jul 2011, 15:43

Best Driver: Hamilton, great race, a combination of aggression and tactics, he doesn't combine this very often.
Best Team: McLaren, on Friday they looked light years off the pace, but on Saturday and Sunday the yset the pace.
Best Overtake: Hamilton on Alonso
Best Moment: None in particular.
Worst Driver: Chandhock, had the best car of the three new teams yet he "managed" to finish last.
Worst Team: Williams, they just can't get in the points.
Best Rookie: Perez
Biggest Surprise: Massa's pace after a long time.
General Comments: Not the most spectacular race but it was the first one that the three top teams had similar race pace. That gave a big interest at the race

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 25 Jul 2011, 18:26

1 - Best Driver - Lewis Hamilton
2 - Best Team - I cannot name one team as 'BEST'.
3 - Best Overtake - Lewis on Webber and Lewis on Alonso
4 - Best Moment - I found the whole race a nail biter, i would not bet on any driver winning until the last 2 remaining laps.
5 - Worst Driver - ?
6 - Worst Team - ?
7 - Best Rookie - ? Perez
8 - Biggest Surprise - The win, the lack of vettel's pace BUT surprising pace the last 15 or so laps? confusing.

9 - General Comment(s) - Great race didnt take my eyes off the T.V i am debating with myself was this RBR's attempt to satisfy the ill treatment of webber at Silverstone and delibratly have some agreement with vettel that if webber gets the limelight at germany vettel will get the chance of retaining his championship title, as RBR want webber to remain at the team but also accept that he is vettel's biggest threat, i reeckon vettel will come back massivly at hungoring but i do love a conspiracy....

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 25 Jul 2011, 18:43

1 - Best Driver
Hamilton, undoubtedly.
2 - Best Team
McLaren, I guess?
3 - Best Overtake
Hamilton mugging Alonso.
4 - Best Moment
The whole race was good, but when Webber, Massa, Hamilton and Alonso were on the same piece of track, it was brilliant.
5 - Worst Driver
Buemi?
6 - Worst Team
I really don't know.
7 - Best Rookie
Perez wasn't half bad.
8 - Biggest Surprise
No real rain. I think I talked myself into thinking rain was a certainty.

9 - General Comment
It was generally a very good race. Good battles, at the sharp end for once.

Monaco Grand Prix 9/10
Chinese Grand Prix 9/10
British Grand Prix 9/10
Turkish Grand Prix 9/10
Canadian Grand Prix 8/10
German Grand Prix 8/10 - Just behind Canada, but still a great race.
Malaysian Grand Prix 8/10
Spanish Grand Prix 7/10
Australian Grand Prix 7/10
European Grand Prix 5/10
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.