Lewis Hamilton

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: Lewis Hamilton

Post by reyhan » 20 Jul 2007, 14:37

Well, I guess we can all agree that he realy is a great driver, no doubt, BUT does any of you guys wonder could there be some other factor (called luck) in it too??? I mean, there are 22 drivers and EVERY ONE of them had a problem at least once and our hero Hamy not at once, what is a possibillity of that, still he took the oportunity on that and that's what I like about him most. When problems comes you will all see he is just a man...
BMW Power

idoilani
kart driver
kart driver

Post by idoilani » 20 Jul 2007, 16:07

Indeed, that is one of the tests.

And in Silverstone he did encounter problems - Not a mechanical failure, but failure of reaching the optimal setup for the track. And because of that he's gone from pole to third (And still managing to make it to the podium...)

Obviously it can't be always perfect, and it won't be. Still, very interesting to watch his route...

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 21 Jul 2007, 13:46

reyhan wrote:Well, I guess we can all agree that he realy is a great driver, no doubt, BUT does any of you guys wonder could there be some other factor (called luck) in it too??? I mean, there are 22 drivers and EVERY ONE of them had a problem at least once and our hero Hamy not at once, what is a possibillity of that, still he took the oportunity on that and that's what I like about him most. When problems comes you will all see he is just a man...
You call for it, here it comes, with his tyre going bust and throwing him against the tyre wall at 260km/h.

He seems ok but could miss the race tomorrow.

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 21 Jul 2007, 13:53

He would have to start from the pitlane if he takes the start at all apparently.

adz_619
car driver
car driver

Post by adz_619 » 21 Jul 2007, 15:06

No. If he decided to take the spare car then he will start in the pit lane. If it rains it could all play into his hands. On the other hand he could start 10th if the guys at McLaren can rebuild that car (unlikely).

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 21 Jul 2007, 15:10

I wish I never said that... Yellow_Colorz_PDT_37
BMW Power

adz_619
car driver
car driver

Post by adz_619 » 21 Jul 2007, 15:11

reyhan wrote:Well, I guess we can all agree that he realy is a great driver, no doubt, BUT does any of you guys wonder could there be some other factor (called luck) in it too??? I mean, there are 22 drivers and EVERY ONE of them had a problem at least once and our hero Hamy not at once, what is a possibillity of that, still he took the oportunity on that and that's what I like about him most. When problems comes you will all see he is just a man...
Hence the wave and thumbs up while he was being stretchered to the medical centre.

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 21 Jul 2007, 15:21

Hopefully the Weather can play into his hands tomorrow, rain is expected, Now if he does race tomorrow, which I hope it will be great to see his actual driving skills, as he comes through the field

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 21 Jul 2007, 15:22

It looked like a joke compared to Kubica's crash Yellow_Colorz_PDT_49
BMW Power

merce55
car driver
car driver

Post by merce55 » 21 Jul 2007, 17:30

this is a great chance for him to show his true talent with multiple overtakings
I can't wait to watch this race

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 21 Jul 2007, 18:00

I think he still has a good change dunno of some people can remember he's gp2 race in turkey if you do you know he still has a good change of getting a good finish.

pdrlkr
car driver
car driver

Post by pdrlkr » 21 Jul 2007, 21:41

This will show just what he is made of. Flag:##

JesterMaroc
car driver
car driver

Post by JesterMaroc » 21 Jul 2007, 21:49

You guys have no idea how spoilt you are with someone like Martin Brundle on ITV!! I spend 9 months in the US every year so I only get to watch F1 on SPEED TV!! Those idiots have no idea what F1 is all about!! They keep comparing it to NASCAR and the like, most of the time I put the volume down so I won't have to listen to the idiots, but then I miss the engine sounds!!! ITV is doing a good job even though I agree they sometimes make small mistakes.

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 21 Jul 2007, 22:57

JesterMaroc wrote:You guys have no idea how spoilt you are with someone like Martin Brundle on ITV!! I spend 9 months in the US every year so I only get to watch F1 on SPEED TV!! Those idiots have no idea what F1 is all about!! They keep comparing it to NASCAR and the like, most of the time I put the volume down so I won't have to listen to the idiots, but then I miss the engine sounds!!! ITV is doing a good job even though I agree they sometimes make small mistakes.
Woah!

I love watching the Speed Guys on the live FP2 stream sometime!

Their Canadian and US free practice session coverage was great in my opinion.

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 21 Jul 2007, 22:58

HamiltonF1 wrote:I think he still has a good change dunno of some people can remember he's gp2 race in turkey if you do you know he still has a good change of getting a good finish.
Yes.. but this is F1. Seemingly overtaking is nearly impossible :@:2

If he starts at all I think he will do rather well and still finish with a good load of points.