2011-12 Silly Season

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
MavF1
Donator
Donator

Re: 2011-12 Silly Season

Post by MavF1 » 11 Jul 2011, 23:04

iceman1 wrote:According to Joe, Hamilton is not going RBR, Webber to Ferrari?
Even after the mild controversy of last weekend I don't see that happening. Webber would have exactly the same problem there which he has now at Red Bull. Either he signs a new contract with Red Bull or he retires at the end of the year, that's what I think.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 12 Jul 2011, 12:42

Here we go again :lol:

Raikkonen to replace Webber at Red Bull – report
http://www.f1zone.net/site/raikkonen-to ... port/7580/
Red Bull is planning to pair Sebastian Vettel with his friend Kimi Raikkonen in 2012.

That is the sensational claim of the high-circulation German newspaper Bild-Zeitung, less than two days after Mark Webber ignored team orders at the end of the British grand prix.

2007 world champion and Finn Raikkonen, 31, left formula one at the end of 2009, and Red Bull team boss Christian Horner was quoted on Monday as saying "I believe he has put F1 behind him".

Bild said the plan to replace Australian Webber with Raikkonen is "top secret" but divulged the information of a source "at the highest level".

German Vettel remains friends with Raikkonen, the pair often meeting in Switzerland to play badminton. Asked recently who his ideal teammate is, the reigning world champion replied: "Kimi."

The former Ferrari and McLaren race winner had talks with Red Bull last year and has now "apparently changed his mind" about wanting to stay in rallying and NASCAR.

And referring to Webber, Red Bull's driver manager Helmut Marko told Bild recently: "We have other options but I don't want to talk about them now."

The report also said Raikkonen told a Finnish journalist recently: "I have never said that my formula one career is over."

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 12 Jul 2011, 13:26

iceman1 wrote:Here we go again :lol:

Red Bull is planning to pair Sebastian Vettel with his friend Kimi Raikkonen in 2012.

That is the sensational claim of the high-circulation German newspaper Bild-Zeitung, less than two days after Mark Webber ignored team orders at the end of the British grand prix.

2007 world champion and Finn Raikkonen, 31, left formula one at the end of 2009, and Red Bull team boss Christian Horner was quoted on Monday as saying "I believe he has put F1 behind him".

Bild said the plan to replace Australian Webber with Raikkonen is "top secret" but divulged the information of a source "at the highest level".

German Vettel remains friends with Raikkonen, the pair often meeting in Switzerland to play badminton. Asked recently who his ideal teammate is, the reigning world champion replied: "Kimi."

The former Ferrari and McLaren race winner had talks with Red Bull last year and has now "apparently changed his mind" about wanting to stay in rallying and NASCAR.

And referring to Webber, Red Bull's driver manager Helmut Marko told Bild recently: "We have other options but I don't want to talk about them now."

The report also said Raikkonen told a Finnish journalist recently: "I have never said that my formula one career is over."

I hope so!
I kind of fell in love with Kimi during the 2009 season, where he drove brilliantly in a c**p Ferrari and scored a decent list of podiums and won that great race in Spa. Still Kimi's best season for Ferrari imo. He would deninitely be better than Webber, that's for sure!

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 12 Jul 2011, 15:40

Woah! Are they saying that even TOP SECRET is NO SECRET ENOUGH for Bild? These journalists, they're too cunning, you can't hide a thing from them! :roll::

In all seriousness, it might make sense for Kimi since his WRC/NASCAR career is pretty much... nowhere, but one may wonder if he is a good enough package for a championship-winning team. He's been out of F1 for two years, only one less than Schumacher before his anticlimatic return; the sport has changed quite a bit in the meantime. Seriously, I wouldn't read too much into these rumours.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 12 Jul 2011, 16:25

blizzard wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Here we go again :lol:

I hope so!
I kind of fell in love with Kimi during the 2009 season, where he drove brilliantly in a c**p Ferrari and scored a decent list of podiums and won that great race in Spa. Still Kimi's best season for Ferrari imo. He would deninitely be better than Webber, that's for sure!
Well he did cheat didnt he.....

And I hope he comes back to F1.

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 12 Jul 2011, 17:15

Well, I have serious doubts that Webber will remain at Red Bull, and I think Kimi would want to return to F1 if he had a competitive car, so this situation is in my view at the very least plausible.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 12 Jul 2011, 17:23

cformula1 wrote:Well, I have serious doubts that Webber will remain at Red Bull, and I think Kimi would want to return to F1 if he had a competitive car, so this situation is in my view at the very least plausible.
I cant see why kimi would actually return. I mean, he wasnt happy when he had the competative car in 2008, and he wasnt happy in 2009 which is why he left. I mean, he went to WRC off his own back and failed, he's trying Nascar and lets be honest, it will bore him shitless.

If he came back to F1, when he got bored with it after having a competative car anyway, I cant see him coming.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 12 Jul 2011, 17:42

mikhailv wrote:
cformula1 wrote:Well, I have serious doubts that Webber will remain at Red Bull, and I think Kimi would want to return to F1 if he had a competitive car, so this situation is in my view at the very least plausible.
I cant see why kimi would actually return. I mean, he wasnt happy when he had the competative car in 2008, and he wasnt happy in 2009 which is why he left. I mean, he went to WRC off his own back and failed, he's trying Nascar and lets be honest, it will bore him shitless.

If he came back to F1, when he got bored with it after having a competative car anyway, I cant see him coming.
Sorry to explode your bubble but Räikkönen IS rallying and he's not failing, he's having a pretty decent season: safely in the points in every rally he has taken part in and no crashes at all. Nascar is something he's during only during his free time.

Nevermind, don't think he's going back to F1, he's way too involved in building up his own team.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 13 Jul 2011, 10:42

Marko: "Kimi Räikkönen is and wont be for us a case. He wont race for RBR. Those rumors are grabbed from the hair and are stupid"
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 13 Jul 2011, 11:15

Mar wrote:
mikhailv wrote:

Sorry to explode your bubble but Räikkönen IS rallying and he's not failing, he's having a pretty decent season: safely in the points in every rally he has taken part in and no crashes at all. Nascar is something he's during only during his free time.

Nevermind, don't think he's going back to F1, he's way too involved in building up his own team.
No bubble burst at all. he is not doing that good in WRC. And Im glad he is not coming back to F1. He wasnt happy there, he wasted a ferrari seat for nigh on 2 years and to be honest, he just isn't F1 material anymore. Im glad he enjoys WRC and he should keep at it in honesty and hopefully he will actually do better than a 6th place.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 13 Jul 2011, 14:11

Perez to test the F60 on September :thumbsup:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93060

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 13 Jul 2011, 21:07

Hope Di Resta goes to Ferrari :)

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 13 Jul 2011, 22:47

tderias wrote:Hope Di Resta goes to Ferrari :)
If anything, I suppose Di Resta would replace Schumacher at Mercedes in 2013 due to his tie-up with them...

But let's put another uncertainty behind us (I just read it myself)...

Red Bull boss Mateschitz says Webber will stay on next year

Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz says there are absolutely no doubts that Mark Webber will stay with the outfit next year, even after the team orders controversy.

The team was involved in a row after asking Webber to 'maintain the gap' when fighting for second place with team-mate Sebastian Vettel in the latter stages of the British Grand Prix.

Webber admitted after the race that he had ignored the orders and that he was not happy about them.

Despite the row, Mateschitz says Webber will get a new deal.

"Mark Webber will re-sign with us," Mateschitz told AUTOSPORT. "This will happen for sure. He is very popular within the team, he feels very comfortable and it is an excellent relationship. He knows this and we know it.

"To be honest, Mark has no better choice than the fastest car and we have no better choice for a fast driver."

The Red Bull boss also admitted he was fine with Webber having tried to overtake Vettel despite the order given to him.

"This is no problem for us," Mateschitz said. "Sebastian realised that Fernando Alonso was gone and could not be caught anymore, so he backed down. This let Mark close in. He would be a very bad racer had he not tried to attack and gain a position."

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93058
...and bring up another one
Perez to test Ferrari's 2009 Formula 1 car later this year

Mexican Sergio Perez will test a Ferrari Formula 1 car later this year, the Maranello squad has revealed.

Perez, making his Formula 1 debut this season with Sauber, is part of Ferrari's driving academy.

The rookie will test Ferrari's 2009 Formula 1 car at Mugello or Fiorano in September, when he will be joined by GP2 driver Jules Bianchi, also part of Ferrari's academy.

"It will be a very interesting test, because we will be putting Jules Bianchi and Sergio Perez up against one another," said FDA director Luca Baldisserri

"I think they will both be very motivated and for us it will be the perfect opportunity to assess both drivers."

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93060

I like Massa and I wish he could find his '08 form again and be closer to Alonso, unfortunately since the ban of refuelling he seemed to have lost some pace. I don't know if Perez would do a better job, I can't judge his pace really...

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 14 Jul 2011, 10:51

MavF1 wrote:
tderias wrote:Hope Di Resta goes to Ferrari :)
If anything, I suppose Di Resta would replace Schumacher at Mercedes in 2013 due to his tie-up with them...

But let's put another uncertainty behind us (I just read it myself)...

Red Bull boss Mateschitz says Webber will stay on next year

Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz says there are absolutely no doubts that Mark Webber will stay with the outfit next year, even after the team orders controversy.

The team was involved in a row after asking Webber to 'maintain the gap' when fighting for second place with team-mate Sebastian Vettel in the latter stages of the British Grand Prix.

Webber admitted after the race that he had ignored the orders and that he was not happy about them.

Despite the row, Mateschitz says Webber will get a new deal.

"Mark Webber will re-sign with us," Mateschitz told AUTOSPORT. "This will happen for sure. He is very popular within the team, he feels very comfortable and it is an excellent relationship. He knows this and we know it.

"To be honest, Mark has no better choice than the fastest car and we have no better choice for a fast driver."

The Red Bull boss also admitted he was fine with Webber having tried to overtake Vettel despite the order given to him.

"This is no problem for us," Mateschitz said. "Sebastian realised that Fernando Alonso was gone and could not be caught anymore, so he backed down. This let Mark close in. He would be a very bad racer had he not tried to attack and gain a position."

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93058
...and bring up another one
Perez to test Ferrari's 2009 Formula 1 car later this year

Mexican Sergio Perez will test a Ferrari Formula 1 car later this year, the Maranello squad has revealed.

Perez, making his Formula 1 debut this season with Sauber, is part of Ferrari's driving academy.

The rookie will test Ferrari's 2009 Formula 1 car at Mugello or Fiorano in September, when he will be joined by GP2 driver Jules Bianchi, also part of Ferrari's academy.

"It will be a very interesting test, because we will be putting Jules Bianchi and Sergio Perez up against one another," said FDA director Luca Baldisserri

"I think they will both be very motivated and for us it will be the perfect opportunity to assess both drivers."

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93060

I like Massa and I wish he could find his '08 form again and be closer to Alonso, unfortunately since the ban of refuelling he seemed to have lost some pace. I don't know if Perez would do a better job, I can't judge his pace really...
I agree. I wasn't very happy when I heard this about Perez. Di Resta is doing a much better job.

F1Fan88
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by F1Fan88 » 14 Jul 2011, 13:50

At least it's not Hamilton or Alonso :lol: