The Kimi Nascar Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: The Kimi Nascar Monster Cool Lounge

Post by Kriss » 28 May 2011, 21:40

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 28 May 2011, 21:46

bobpockrass
Kimi Raikkonen car shows yellow paint from wall. #nascar http://yfrog.com/gy1damvj

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 28 May 2011, 21:46

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 28 May 2011, 21:47

thanks guys :hug:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 28 May 2011, 22:00

sleenster wrote:bobpockrass
Kimi Raikkonen car shows yellow paint from wall. #nascar http://yfrog.com/gy1damvj

uff, he hit hard

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 28 May 2011, 22:13

Wow he painted his car with the wall.

maru
car driver
car driver

Post by maru » 28 May 2011, 22:17

Hi guys. It seems as though many Kimi fans were disappointed with todays results. I watched the race on the TV as I do every week and you should be aware that his performance impressed most and maybe all experienced Nascar fans. He has great car control and drove very well today. Oval Stock car racing may look easy but it is not. This is a very competitive series and for the first half of the race he was in front of the current points leader. In one of the cars, the in car temperature reached 128 degrees. Imagine those temperatures in a fire suit. Todays race was on a track that is one of the toughest of them all. No matter how well a car is set up, the handling will change during the course of a fuel run and during the course of the race. Changes are made in Chassis setups during every stop in an effort to keep up with the track. Decisions on what to change are discussed on the radio between the crew chief and driver and it can take years to understand what is needed and when. JPM has been running at the Cup level for 4 years. He is a very talented driver with a good team and he has never won on an oval in a stock car. I don't know if Kimi will be back but it is clear to anybody that really knows Nascar that that guy can drive. Steve

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 28 May 2011, 22:18

It was the feet:
Asked Kimi Raikkonen if feet were OK: "It just burned them. The floor got really hot & the feet got really hot." Smile "Uh, I dunno"
http://twitter.com/#!/nateryan

Just burned them? :blink: This guy &doh

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 28 May 2011, 22:19

maru wrote:Hi guys. It seems as though many Kimi fans were disappointed with todays results. I watched the race on the TV as I do every week and you should be aware that his performance impressed most and maybe all experienced Nascar fans. He has great car control and drove very well today. Oval Stock car racing may look easy but it is not. This is a very competitive series and for the first half of the race he was in front of the current points leader. In one of the cars, the in car temperature reached 128 degrees. Imagine those temperatures in a fire suit. Todays race was on a track that is one of the toughest of them all. No matter how well a car is set up, the handling will change during the course of a fuel run and during the course of the race. Changes are made in Chassis setups during every stop in an effort to keep up with the track. Decisions on what to change are discussed on the radio between the crew chief and driver and it can take years to understand what is needed and when. JPM has been running at the Cup level for 4 years. He is a very talented driver with a good team and he has never won on an oval in a stock car. I don't know if Kimi will be back but it is clear to anybody that really knows Nascar that that guy can drive. Steve
Hi maru, welcome :wave:
Thanks for your insight, it was interesting to read and it definitely puts a different perspective on things :)

maru
car driver
car driver

Post by maru » 28 May 2011, 22:25

He is not the first to burn his feet in a Nascar Stock car. Back in the 1960's the old timers often wore Cowboy boots with thick leather soles and large heels for footwear. Others crushed up styrofoam coffee cups and put them in their boots for insulation. I am not sure what the current trick is, but i am sure there is one. Steve

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 28 May 2011, 22:26

maru wrote:Hi guys. It seems as though many Kimi fans were disappointed with todays results. I watched the race on the TV as I do every week and you should be aware that his performance impressed most and maybe all experienced Nascar fans. He has great car control and drove very well today. Oval Stock car racing may look easy but it is not. This is a very competitive series and for the first half of the race he was in front of the current points leader. In one of the cars, the in car temperature reached 128 degrees. Imagine those temperatures in a fire suit. Todays race was on a track that is one of the toughest of them all. No matter how well a car is set up, the handling will change during the course of a fuel run and during the course of the race. Changes are made in Chassis setups during every stop in an effort to keep up with the track. Decisions on what to change are discussed on the radio between the crew chief and driver and it can take years to understand what is needed and when. JPM has been running at the Cup level for 4 years. He is a very talented driver with a good team and he has never won on an oval in a stock car. I don't know if Kimi will be back but it is clear to anybody that really knows Nascar that that guy can drive. Steve
Welcome :wave:

Yeah, in Motorsport-magazin, they have just published that Kimi was running 4th-10th of the Nationwide guys before the "incidents" begun (not considering the Cup guys). I think it is pretty impresive.

http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/motor ... ngnis.html

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 28 May 2011, 22:32

Thanks for the mini review it is really great to hear from someone who understands the sport! :)
Last edited by Boudica on 28 May 2011, 22:33, edited 1 time in total.

maru
car driver
car driver

Post by maru » 28 May 2011, 22:33

Yes it is very impressive. The race commentators, several of which are past champions that had a very good idea of the challenges he was facing. They were all very impressed with his performance.

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 28 May 2011, 22:37

Mar wrote:
Welcome :wave:

Yeah, in Motorsport-magazin, they have just published that Kimi was running 4th-10th of the Nationwide guys before the "incidents" begun (not considering the Cup guys). I think it is pretty impresive.

Thanks! Yeah I dont think it was so bad, and I think even Kimi will realize this.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 28 May 2011, 22:40

Boudica wrote:
Mar wrote: Welcome :wave:

Thanks! Yeah I dont think it was so bad, and I think even Kimi will realize this.
Yeah it wasn't so bad but I don't think he enjoyed it though :lol: