Christijan Albers

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Christijan Albers

Post by HamiltonF1 » 10 Jul 2007, 10:39

Christijan Albers vervangen door Christian Klien
Het is over en uit voor Christijan Albers bij Spyker. Onze landgenoot wordt tijdens de Grand Prix van Europa vervangen door Christian Klien. Dat heeft Spyker-baas Michiel Mol bevestigd.
Geld
Oorzaak van de breuk is de betalingsachterstand van de Christijan Albers BV. In deze BV zitten sponsoren die het stoeltje van Albers bij Spyker financierden. Een van die sponsoren, Joep van den Nieuwenhuijzen, blijkt niet te hebben voldaan aan zijn verplichtingen. De andere geldschieters wilden vervolgens dit financiele gat niet aanvullen.

Klien
Spyker besloot daarop Albers te vervangen door Klien. De testrijder bij Honda zal echter niet het seizoen afmaken bij Spyker. De Oostenrijker zal slechts twee of drie races rijden.

Coureur
Welke coureur dan het seizoen afmaakt, is niet bekend. Er wordt gespeculeerd dat een niet-Nederlandse coureur met geen enkele ervaring in de Formule 1 het stoeltje zal overnemen. De namen van Sebastien Bourdais en Vitaly Petrov worden genoemd. Petrov rijdt in de GP2 voor het team van Adrian Campos, de voormalige manager van Fernando Alonso. En drievoudig Champ Car-kampioen Bourdais heeft geen geheim gemaakt van zijn wens om ooit in de Formule 1 te rijden.

I will translate cuz don't think many people will know dutch on this forum.

Christijan Albers needs to leave the Spyker F1 team, its not because of his performence but its a money problem. His main sponsor didn't payed the team and the other sponsor didn't want pay it for the main sponsor. So this is really a said day for the dutch fans :(.

Christijan Klien will replace him, not for the hole season but for 2 maybe 3 races, than they will look for a different driver for the rest of the season. Names like Sebastian Bourdais and Vitaly Petrov are on the list for the rest of 2007 and maybe 2008.

I think Spyker lost my respect completley now and I think this also prooves that they are in money problem and I wont be suprised if the team stops after this season.

Oh and I hope Chris will find a new driver seat or hopefully test driver cuz we really don't want to lose him in F1 :)

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Christijan Albers

Post by Dark_Fisico » 10 Jul 2007, 11:00

It is sad, but they are a back of the grid team and unlike AS (who have Honda backing) and TR (who have Red Bull backing) and Prodrive who are rumoured to be having Macca backing they have to make their own money and own cars... Sad for Albers because he hasn't had a bad season... Don't know why they'd use Klien though, surely they'd stick someone straight into the car, I think its unfair when they stick a driver in for 1 or 2 races but don't mean to carry them on, like SA did with Montagny last year (and I actually quite liked Franck)...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Jul 2007, 11:54

yeah some peoples saw him today driving his car:
We'll miss his noob mistakes though

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 10 Jul 2007, 11:55

he struggled throughout his whole career in F1, and now wth his sponsors troubble he was no longer bringing in much income!

its a shame, i quite liked albers, one of the few F1 drivers ive met!
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 10 Jul 2007, 12:26

this season was a f*** up season but if you looked the previous season he was driving really well with the midland but don't think his comming back unfortenly :(

Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Chubbs » 10 Jul 2007, 14:08

The Spyker team has dropped Christijan Albers as a race driver with immediate effect, GPUpdate.net can reveal exclusively. A decision on who will replace him at the next race at the Nurburgring has not yet been taken, according to Spyker F1 chief Michiel Mol.

"This has been one of the toughest decisions of my career," Mol told GPUpdate.net. "It's nothing to do with his talent as a racing driver, because we believe he is hugely talented. It's all down to one sponsor who has had financial difficulties."

"We haven't yet decided who will replace him," he added.

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 10 Jul 2007, 15:26

Chubbs wrote:
The Spyker team has dropped Christijan Albers as a race driver with immediate effect, GPUpdate.net can reveal exclusively. A decision on who will replace him at the next race at the Nurburgring has not yet been taken, according to Spyker F1 chief Michiel Mol.

"This has been one of the toughest decisions of my career," Mol told GPUpdate.net. "It's nothing to do with his talent as a racing driver, because we believe he is hugely talented. It's all down to one sponsor who has had financial difficulties."

"We haven't yet decided who will replace him," he added.
I only translated what the website said where I got this from. But really I saw his persconferance (dunno how to spell it) and I watch it with water eyes damm I really hate it that he needs to go cuz I think he is such a good driver with bad luck this season.

leighlast
car driver
car driver

Post by leighlast » 10 Jul 2007, 16:12

I think its a shame that he has been dropped but at the end of the day if the money isnt right then there is no point continuing on.

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 10 Jul 2007, 17:56

Yeah I know for alot of people its not really a big deal but for the dutch F1 fans it is its on every news channel.

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 10 Jul 2007, 19:03

well i don't think his replacement will do much better, they should have kept albers but they said it's the 'sponsors'' fault that the have to release albers...but i don't think that's true, spijker just don't want to be the ones to be blamed i guess...but hopefully albers will make a return to f1 soon :)
mm tofu

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 10 Jul 2007, 19:21

alex wrote:well i don't think his replacement will do much better, they should have kept albers but they said it's the 'sponsors'' fault that the have to release albers...but i don't think that's true, spijker just don't want to be the ones to be blamed i guess...but hopefully albers will make a return to f1 soon :)
No it is the money not his performence that has been confirmed but still its a shame.

SpykerMF1
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by SpykerMF1 » 10 Jul 2007, 19:54

Yea he is staying as a test driver. So hopefully his sponsors will get their act together and he'll be back racing soon. His performances have been mainly top notch and theres no-one about to replace him whose better.

prowler
kart driver
kart driver

Post by prowler » 10 Jul 2007, 21:29

iceman1 wrote:yeah some peoples saw him today driving his car:
We'll miss his noob mistakes though
HaHaHa :@:2 Respect iceman1!

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 10 Jul 2007, 21:44

SpykerMF1 wrote:Yea he is staying as a test driver. So hopefully his sponsors will get their act together and he'll be back racing soon. His performances have been mainly top notch and theres no-one about to replace him whose better.
No but how do you know his test driver?

SpykerMF1
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by SpykerMF1 » 10 Jul 2007, 22:32

It's on their site or in there most recent online magazine(can't remeber which)
edit:
http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 624bm1.jpg
Last edited by SpykerMF1 on 10 Jul 2007, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.