2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
phil1993

Re: 2011 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

Post by phil1993 » 24 Apr 2011, 12:01

There's an article about Nic Hamilton on the DM website

Awwww...

zoefrances
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by zoefrances » 24 Apr 2011, 17:33

thank you phil1993 it is a good article on nic hamilton

glad to hear robert kubica's has left hospital.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 25 Apr 2011, 10:23

Abu Dhabi changes:

* the Turn 5/6 chicane and entry to the bottom Turn 7 hairpin will be made much wider, so as to allow more opportunity for drivers to take a different line into and through the corner.

* the negative camber on the exit of the Turn 9 chicane will be reprofiled to make it a banked corner - therefore giving drivers the chance to take a wide line and run around the outside of a rival.

* the slow left handers at Turns 13/14 will be made into one sweeping corner to try and improve the flow of the circuit near the end of the lap.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 25 Apr 2011, 16:11

DAVID Coulthard dazzled about 50,000 spectators with a series of manoeuvres, including short sprints, engine breaks and donuts, along Orchard Road yesterday.

Said the Scot, who has won 13 Formula One Grand Prix races and driven for Red Bull, McLaren and Williams: 'I enjoyed performing on one of the world's most glamorous shopping strips. The street is very smooth and suitable for the speed of the car.'

The hour-long show had more in store but the F1 car's engine overheated and some stunts were cut. Still, the crowd did not seem to mind as they clicked away with their cameras and cheered loudly as the F1 Red Bull roared by.

Added Coulthard: 'The engine was overheating. We had to cut short (the stunts). The display showed the temperature got up to 140 degrees. It (engine) cuts out at 145 degrees. If this was in a cooler country, it would be a lot easier.'

robert_kubica_fan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by robert_kubica_fan » 25 Apr 2011, 17:17

What would you say about this?
http://mozaikadlaroberta.pl/

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 25 Apr 2011, 17:34

robert_kubica_fan wrote:What would you say about this?
http://mozaikadlaroberta.pl/
Whats that in english? lol!

Oh, regarding Robert. Sorry if sound harsh and I hope im proved wrong, but everyones dreaming if they think he is coming back to formula 1.

His hand was partially SEVERED, he has had to have so much surgery, and he still cant use his hand right now. How do people realistically expect him to be pulling 5G for 57 laps over and over again? Its totally unrealistic. I miss him on the grid, but from the day he had that accident, and the following days where his condition, and injuries were announced, I said he will never come back to formula 1.

He already had surgery and pins in the same side of the body from a previous car crash as a passenger, and it beggers belief to me to see all these people being so optimistic and saying he'll be back by the end of the season. Theyre complete dreamers. Massa took a knock to the head, and to be honest, he is still recovering from the accident. The FIA to me, should have allowed him to run a 2009 spec car, and allow him to do race simulations at mugello or something, so he can get his reactions and so forth back to his former abilities, in 2010 you could clearly see him struggling. he's starting to come back though which is good.

So to me, robert should have another year out, concerntrating on a full season of racing the 2010 renault, or using Pirelli's toyota chassis, and be able to build his hand up from lower formulae all the way to F1, to get its strength up, and to see if its every possible for him to have the full mobility needed for an F1 car.

They should have done that with felipe in my honest opinion, he came back too soon, and if they put robert in the car at the end of the year, his fans will be unrealistic, and disapointed when he jumps into a car, has the pressure on him and his hand, and he cant perform to the level he is able to and use to.

robert_kubica_fan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by robert_kubica_fan » 25 Apr 2011, 17:41

I don't want to discuss with you about it if Robert would be back in F1 car. I know he's a strong person, and he will make it.
I just wanted to let you see something that is an effect of Robert's fans support. Enjoy!

By the way, you don't need to know Polish language to see that mozaic. :)
Last edited by robert_kubica_fan on 25 Apr 2011, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 25 Apr 2011, 17:43

I agree with what you say in terms of how he should prepare to returning to F1. However, he has come from being nearly dead to back at home in 2 and a half months. Its a remarkable recovery. There's still about 9 or 10 months until 2012 Winter Testing starts and that should be his target for recovery. Long enough I think, but its difficult to know the full extent of his injuries. The doctors seem extremely positive, but no way should he come back in 2011.

robert_kubica_fan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by robert_kubica_fan » 25 Apr 2011, 17:55

Yeah, totally agree with phil1993.
Some people are too optimistic and they think Robert's a superman, but the accident showed he isn't.
I think he will be back at the end of the year and will enter the F1 car again next season.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 25 Apr 2011, 19:40

robert_kubica_fan wrote:I don't want to discuss with you about it if Robert would be back in F1 car. I know he's a strong person, and he will make it.
I just wanted to let you see something that is an effect of Robert's fans support. Enjoy!

By the way, you don't need to know Polish language to see that mozaic. :)
Oh no no, dont misunderstand me, I was just having a rant, not aimed at anyone mate =]

But Yeah, I know what you mean phil. i just think that, with the tendons and his elbow aswell not being good, its going to be really hard on robert.

I mean, what happens if he does a petrov in malaysia, but the steering wheel rams back whilst he is grabbing it, or he goes into the wall with his arm being hit, or hand being rammed.

its going to be really painful and could cause issues.

Though, i want him back =]

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 25 Apr 2011, 19:41

Yeah, if the tendons/nerves are severely damaged then he has a problem.

KevC

Post by KevC » 25 Apr 2011, 21:55

Until we know the full extent of the injury it's impossible to tell. I read it was his wrist not hand and that it was severed from the outside edge. This is good news as all the motor function is on the inside edge of the wrist. If the inside was severed he'd be unlikely to ever be able to touch his thumb and forefinger together again but the outside edge means that should be unaffected and it's just a case of a long recovery.

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 26 Apr 2011, 16:29

I wish Robert a speedy recovery, but I feel that he should take as long as he needs. If this means sitting out 2012 as well, then so be it. Better to make a full recovery now than to rush back into racing and creating the possibility of further injury to himself, both from lack of recovery and from another accident that could injure him permanently. He'll be safe in the knowledge that a seat at Renault will be there for him when he's ready.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 26 Apr 2011, 16:33

The worry with being out for so long is that you have a lot to learn. Look at Schumacher: granted he doesn't have age on his side but he was the finest driver of his generation, out for 3 years and then struggled. Missing one year is bad enough, but two could be very difficult for Kubica. Its a crying shame what has happened: his qualifying lap for Monaco last year was absolutely phenominal. Its not a case of whether he comes back, but if he can be the same driver.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 26 Apr 2011, 19:43

Lotus are set to be renamed Sonangol Caterham F1 tomorrow.

sonangolcaterham.com
sonangolcaterhamf1.com
sonangolcaterhamf1racing.com
sonangolcaterhamf1team.com
sonangolcaterhamteamlotus.com

Were domain names registered last week by the same people that registered Team Lotus' website. So it seems legitimate.