Rally Jordan 2011

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Rally Jordan 2011

Post by sleenster » 10 Apr 2011, 18:42

Tuesday afternoon/evening? What does that mean for the recce or the shakedown? :confused:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 10 Apr 2011, 18:51

Mar wrote:
Julia wrote: oh, dear... more problems with the boat...

can somebody explain why they cant just go and hire a civilcar and drive for themself... ????? why on earth do they need a chauffeur if they have a civil car and not their reccecar???? :huh:

In that article i posted Kaj mentioned that this had happened before and then they just used a civilcar till they got their reccecar a half day too late...
Now that I think about it (I had totally forgotten it), Albert Llovera needs a special car (he sits in a wheelchair) and can't drive a rental car. Vallejo can't do it because he has to write the notes down. I think that's the reason.
ok, thanks for the clarification... I was trying to figure out why NO driver was alloved to drive a civilcar instead of a reccecar.... :blush: ... then I understand that Lovera & co arent happy at all about the situation... to make notes whitout getting achange to drive them, wow...

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 10 Apr 2011, 18:56

sleenster wrote:Tuesday afternoon/evening? What does that mean for the recce or the shakedown? :confused:
they just do the recce in civilcars, its the same for everybody (except Lovera...), they have done it before that way ..

but if the chip is there just on thursday it means they get their tents, everything on thursday when they usually get them on saturday, sunday? wow its going to bee very hectic 24 hour... they probably just have to prioritize what they do?

its going to bee very interesting to see what happends? strange that no official newspaper have jeat commented the thing? or maybe when they now more on monday?

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 10 Apr 2011, 19:18

I think, that if there’re no more delays it will be ok. They can recce in rental cars and the organization had already delayed the shakedown until Wednesday afternoon.
It is a bit inconvenient because they have reduced the shakedown to two hours and Michelin is bringing new tyres that nobody has previously tested. The first contact of the drivers with the new tyres is going to be on shakedown.

If the ship suffers any more problems, things are going to get very complicated. First thing that could disappear is shakedown, so the drivers would have to start the rally on Thursday morning without checking the car and no idea of how the tyres behave.

And in the worst case scenario, the rally cars won’t be there for the beginning of the rally, and if that were the case, I don’t know if they can delay the rally so it takes place on Fr, Sa and So instead of Th, Fr and Sa.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 11 Apr 2011, 07:38

Thanks Marzipan and Sleenie :hug:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 11 Apr 2011, 09:22

WRC EQUIPMENT AND VEHICLES SET TO ARRIVE AT DEAD SEA FOR JORDAN RALLY ON TUESDAY

While officials at Jordan Motorsport put the finishing touches to the route and format for this weekend’s Jordan Rally, round four of the 2011 FIA World Rally Championship, WRC teams and support staff are anxiously waiting for the arrival of the logistics equipment, service vehicles and race cars, which have been delayed in transit from Europe and should now arrive at the Dead Sea on Tuesday afternoon.

The unfortunate delay means that Jordan Motorsport have been forced to revise the timetable for the week’s pre-rally activities and competitors will now carry out their timed reconnaissance of the special stages on Tuesday and Wednesday morning in rental cars or cars supplied by rally officials.

The delay has also forced event officials to push the traditional shakedown test back in the timetable until Wednesday afternoon and has also forced the official pre-event press conferences to re-arranged.

This is not the first time that WRC officials have carried out emergency changes to the timetable of an event. Shipping delays into Limassol caused last minute panic in Cyprus in 2005 and inclement weather forced organisers to cancel a leg of the Rally of Argentina a few years ago. An Icelandic volcanic ash cloud over Europe also forced WRC officials to return to Europe by road and sea last year from the Rally of Turkey.

Meanwhile, drivers taking part in both the main WRC event and the third round of the FIA Middle East Rally Championship on Friday and Saturday have arrived at the Dead Sea and are soaking up the pre-rally atmosphere at the lowest point on earth.

British co-driver Steve Lancaster is co-driving for the UAE’s Sheikh Abdullah Al-Qassimi in the Middle East section of the entry list. “It is one of those unfortunate delays that can happen,” said Lancaster. “Some of us are here and ready to do the recce but our hands are tied at the moment.”

Assuming there are no further delays with the arrival of cars and equipment, 31 teams will tackle the WRC section of the event and 20 timed special stages on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Eighteen crews are taking part in the regional section of the Jordan Rally and will tackle 14 timed tests in the area around the Dead Sea.

source: merc-fia.com
http://www.rallybuzz.com/wrc-equipment- ... ally-tues/

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 11 Apr 2011, 14:30

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90629
Though the teams' cars have been airfreighted to Jordan, all the support equipment - including recce cars and the usual contents of the service park - is on the delayed boat. Even after it reaches Haifa, it still has to pass through customs at a port unfamiliar with the WRC set-up, before travelling on to Jordan.

"Right now one of the bigger issues is what we do for recce cars. The rally cars there's no problem, they arrived by plane but at the moment we have no jacks to get them off the ground or anything to work on them with."
so the situation is maybe a little better than atleast I thought...they atleast have the rallycars there...although they dont have the equipment to work with

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 11 Apr 2011, 15:31

From Petter:
It has been hectic for all the teams logistically after Rally Portugal. The planned shipping route to Jordan had to be rescheduled and a new RORO-vessel hired at the last minute. It left Trieste in Italy last week, and was expected to dock in Haifa in Israel yesterday. Unfortunately it is still out in the open sea, and not expected in until late tomorrow. Onboard the vessel are all the team trucks with equipment, including ours.

Recce was supposed to start today, but will now start Tuesday. Since recce-cars are still on the boat, drivers will have to use regular 4×4 cars. Shakedown was planned for Wednesday morning, but is now scheduled for the evening. That is if all the timing-equipment and rallycars arrive in time.
http://www.pettersolberg.com/html/2011/ ... pril-2011/

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 11 Apr 2011, 15:48

Julia wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90629
Though the teams' cars have been airfreighted to Jordan, all the support equipment - including recce cars and the usual contents of the service park - is on the delayed boat. Even after it reaches Haifa, it still has to pass through customs at a port unfamiliar with the WRC set-up, before travelling on to Jordan.

"Right now one of the bigger issues is what we do for recce cars. The rally cars there's no problem, they arrived by plane but at the moment we have no jacks to get them off the ground or anything to work on them with."
so the situation is maybe a little better than atleast I thought...they atleast have the rallycars there...although they dont have the equipment to work with
I hope they have the keys at least. If not, I now a few people who can do a bridge circuit :zz:
sleenster wrote:From Petter:
It has been hectic for all the teams logistically after Rally Portugal. The planned shipping route to Jordan had to be rescheduled and a new RORO-vessel hired at the last minute. It left Trieste in Italy last week, and was expected to dock in Haifa in Israel yesterday. Unfortunately it is still out in the open sea, and not expected in until late tomorrow. Onboard the vessel are all the team trucks with equipment, including ours.

Recce was supposed to start today, but will now start Tuesday. Since recce-cars are still on the boat, drivers will have to use regular 4×4 cars. Shakedown was planned for Wednesday morning, but is now scheduled for the evening. That is if all the timing-equipment and rallycars arrive in time.
http://www.pettersolberg.com/html/2011/ ... pril-2011/
Oops! The timing-equipment is also not there? He, now we can bribe the marshals so they give Kimi better times at the end of the stages :p

Now seriously, I hope the ship really arrives. This is beginning to be a bit narrow already.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 11 Apr 2011, 16:05

Ok, not too sure about the translation but did they say that the first stage or the first day is cancelled? :blink:

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/index.php? ... 59f73c14b3

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 11 Apr 2011, 16:10

sleenster wrote:Ok, not too sure about the translation but did they say that the first stage or the first day is cancelled? :blink:

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/index.php? ... 59f73c14b3
That's the first day. Sadly, "Etappe" is "leg". Oh sh*t! :fear:
Fingers crossed Rally-mag got it wrong :pray:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 11 Apr 2011, 16:34

Thanks Mar! :fear:

Don't know if the FIA's press release is up to date, the shakedown and the first leg are still in the schedule

FIA Press Release: Jordan Rally - Preview
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pr ... w_jor.aspx
FIA PRESS CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE
Wednesday 13 April

Sébastien Loeb, Citroën Total World Rally Team
Jari-Matti Latvala, Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team
Khalid Al Qassimi, Team Abu Dhabi
Petter Solberg, Petter Solberg World Rally Team
Eyvind Brynildsen, FIA Super 2000 World Rally Championship
Bernardo Sousa, FIA Super 2000 World Rally Championship
And still no Kimi in press conference :(

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 11 Apr 2011, 16:37

sleenster wrote:Thanks Mar! :fear:

Don't know if the FIA's press release is up to date, the shakedown and the first leg are still in the schedule

FIA Press Release: Jordan Rally - Preview
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pr ... w_jor.aspx
FIA PRESS CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE
Wednesday 13 April

Sébastien Loeb, Citroën Total World Rally Team
Jari-Matti Latvala, Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team
Khalid Al Qassimi, Team Abu Dhabi
Petter Solberg, Petter Solberg World Rally Team
Eyvind Brynildsen, FIA Super 2000 World Rally Championship
Bernardo Sousa, FIA Super 2000 World Rally Championship
And still no Kimi in press conference :(
Strange :confused: Maybe he doesn´t have to be there any more?

Etappe means stage :) At least I think that they mean stage! :confused:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 11 Apr 2011, 16:40

Thanks Claudie! :hug:

But the first day has six stages, I don't really understand why they would only cancel the first stage :confused:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 11 Apr 2011, 16:43

sleenster wrote:Thanks Claudie! :hug:

But the first day has six stages, I don't really understand why they would only cancel the first stage :confused:
Yeah dunno! This site is also the only one who reports that! I mean autosport would be more reliable!

I´m not sure whether they "only" mean stage (although I´m german :blush: ).