The Kimi Nascar Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

The Kimi Nascar Monster Cool Lounge

Post by Kriss » 30 Mar 2011, 15:47

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: The Kimi Nascar Monster Cool Lounge

Post by Mar » 30 Mar 2011, 15:48

Kriss wrote:Image
Nah! that smiley is wrong; it turns right and left and it's only left and left and left and left... :p

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 30 Mar 2011, 15:51

Mar wrote:
Kriss wrote:Image
Nah! that smiley is wrong; it turns right and left and it's only left and left and left and left... :p
sorry, it takes time to get use to it :blush:
Montoya would welcome Raikkonen
By Diego Mejia Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 15:25 GMT

Juan Pablo Montoya says it would be good news for the sport if his former McLaren team-mate Kimi Raikkonen moves to NASCAR.

Former Formula 1 world champion Raikkonen will follow Montoya's footsteps in moving to America's most popular form of racing this year.

The former Ferrari driver would start his NASCAR foray next summer with races in the Camping World Truck Series, a national championship where some current and former Sprint Cup drivers compete against young talent.

Raikkonen's manager Steve Robertson confirmed the move on Wednesday: "Kimi will drive in selected races in the NASCAR series."

Montoya, his team-mate during 26 Formula 1 grands prix, would welcome the prospect of having him race in NASCAR.

"Well, people talk a lot and I've heard the story already before, but if he's definitely coming it would be really good for him and for the sport," Montoya told AUTOSPORT.

"He would be very welcome here."

Montoya was Raikkonen's team-mate at McLaren starting in 2005, winning 10 out of the season's 19 grands prix between them.

Then in 2006 the two raced together again until the US Grand Prix at Indianapolis, right before the Colombian announced a deal to race in NASCAR's top series for Chip Ganassi in 2007.

Montoya's early departure from Formula 1 following his NASCAR announcement anticipated his stock car debut to the fall of 2006. He entered six races at lower-level stock car series before making his Sprint Cup debut in the 2006 season-finale at Homestead.

Raikkonen would be the sixth former F1 driver to attempt a move to NASCAR since Montoya announced his deal in the summer of 2006.

Jacques Villeneuve, the 1997 Formula 1 world champion, has competed in 15 NASCAR events in the US between 2007 and 2010 but a full-time drive has not materialised.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... um=twitter

mimozka
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by mimozka » 30 Mar 2011, 15:53

Nascar is so unfamiliar to me .. :(

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 30 Mar 2011, 15:54

Already in May :huh:
Formula One Champ Kimi Raikkonen to Race in Nascar in May
By DAVE CALDWELL

Kimi Räikkönen in 2007 after winning the Australian Grand Prix for Ferrari.
Kimi Raikkonen, the 2007 Formula One world champion, has requested and received approval to run in a Nascar Camping World Truck Series race at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 20, said Amanda Jones Ellis, a spokeswoman for the series.

Turun Sanomat, a newspaper in the racer’s native Finland, reported Tuesday that Raikkonen, 31, is expected to race with a new team in the truck series, followed perhaps by a move to the Nationwide Series and then into the Sprint Cup Series, the big leagues of stock-car racing. Raikkonen did not disclose how many truck series races he planned to drive this season.

“I’m really looking forward to get there to familiarize to the world of Nascar,” he told the newspaper. “I have been following it for a long time. I just love the American spirit of racing. Obviously, it will be very challenging and great fun for me.”

Raikkonen would not be the first former Formula One driver to move to Nascar. Juan Pablo Montoya won seven Formula One races in five seasons before joining Chip Ganassi’s Nascar team in 2006. Montoya has won two Sprint Cup Series races in 150 attempts.

Montoya, a native of Colombia who also won the Indianapolis 500, is widely credited with bringing a new group of fans into stock-car racing. Similarly, Raikkonen, who won seven Formula One races in 2005 and six in 2007, may cause European auto-racing fans to be more curious about Nascar.

The Finn, known by competitors and fans as the Iceman, left the Ferrari Formula One team after the 2009 season. After failing to land a position with another top-level Formula One program, Raikkonen drove in 15 races in the World Rally Championship, finishing 10th in the standings last year.

Raikkonen’s new team, ICE 1, will be owned by Foster Gillett, who ran the day-to-day operations at Richard Petty Motorsports. Gillett’s family owned the Montreal Canadiens hockey franchise and are also former co-owners of the Liverpool soccer team.

Despite his Nascar ambitions, Raikkonen has not abandoned W.R.C. He is expected to participate in eight races for a team also known as ICE 1 this season, driving a Citroën.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03 ... ar-in-may/
Last edited by Kriss on 30 Mar 2011, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.

mimozka
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by mimozka » 30 Mar 2011, 15:55

I heard that he will start racing in August.
Offff

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 30 Mar 2011, 16:00

May?! Oh gosh!!! Things are happening so fast!!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for opening the thread Kriss! :hug:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 30 Mar 2011, 16:01

Ice-Ludy wrote:May?! Oh gosh!!! Things are happening so fast!!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for opening the thread Kriss! :hug:
welcome Ludy :hug:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 30 Mar 2011, 16:01

Formula1.com tweeted
Kimi Raikkonen could be set to become the only driver to score points in #Formula1, #WRC and #NASCAR

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 30 Mar 2011, 16:08

Kriss wrote:Formula1.com tweeted
Kimi Raikkonen could be set to become the only driver to score points in #Formula1, #WRC and #NASCAR
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The best thing what I can see in this NASCAR deal.
I miss a babysitter

mimozka
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by mimozka » 30 Mar 2011, 16:09

There's no doubt in this :cool:
We all know that Kimi is really great driver and he is unbeatable in every driving series.
He is our champion!!!

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 30 Mar 2011, 16:10

Moominpappa wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The best thing what I can see in this NASCAR deal.
indeed :shhh:

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 30 Mar 2011, 17:04

Kimi does know what Nascar is, right? :huh: :confused: :blink: :p

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 30 Mar 2011, 17:11

ish678 wrote:Kimi does know what Nascar is, right? :huh: :confused: :blink: :p
let's hope so :pray:

zoefrances
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by zoefrances » 30 Mar 2011, 17:41

I think kimi just wants to race no matter what it is.