The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by luieluv » 29 Mar 2011, 17:36

Damn..This comes as a shock to me.
I seriously pray that he does not compromise one bit of his Rally program for Nascar. I have developed a huge fondness for WRC and trying to learn more and more with every passing day. This is where i want kimi and not in ovals.

But if this nascar ting is just an extension of his motorsport career where as he keeps WRC as his primary focus then i am fine. Anything that kimi does would be welcome, even if its fishing.

But honestly he leaving WRC would come as a huge huge shock to me and perhaps loads and loads of tears. Probably i would cry more if he opts to leave WRC for nascar than when i did whilst he leaving F1.

Being a kimi fan is tough, really tough if not the toughest thing.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 29 Mar 2011, 17:37

Kriss wrote:Shouldn't we make a new thread about "Kimi in Nascar" ?
I still haven't acknowledged the fact that he is a NASCAR driver :lol:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 29 Mar 2011, 17:38

But overall, I think that nobody could say that Kimi isn't interesting person. We can hear every years so many rumours.
Last edited by Moominpappa on 29 Mar 2011, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
I miss a babysitter

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Mar 2011, 17:38

luieluv wrote:Damn..This comes as a shock to me.
I seriously pray that he does not compromise one bit of his Rally program for Nascar. I have developed a huge fondness for WRC and trying to learn more and more with every passing day. This is where i want kimi and not in ovals.

But if this nascar ting is just an extension of his motorsport career where as he keeps WRC as his primary focus then i am fine. Anything that kimi does would be welcome, even if its fishing.

But honestly he leaving WRC would come as a huge huge shock to me and perhaps loads and loads of tears. Probably i would cry more if he opts to leave WRC for nascar than when i did whilst he leaving F1.

I don't think for a minute that he would leave WRC for Nascar :huh:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 29 Mar 2011, 17:38

Kriss wrote:

I don't think for a minute that he would leave WRC for Nascar :huh:
Didn't some people say that before about Kimi leaving F1 for WRC? Don't underestimate this guy... :zz:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Mar 2011, 17:42

sleenster wrote:
Didn't some people say that before about Kimi leaving F1 for WRC? Don't underestimate this guy... :zz:
In F1 he was bored with doing circles. He is happy in rally. I don't think he will be a full time driver who is doing circles again. :<>:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 29 Mar 2011, 17:50

Kriss wrote:
sleenster wrote:
In F1 he was bored with doing circles. He is happy in rally. I don't think he will be a full time driver who is doing circles again. :<>:
In F1 he could at least turn left and right, now it's only left, left, left, left...

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Mar 2011, 17:58

Mar wrote:
Kriss wrote:
sleenster wrote:
In F1 he could at least turn left and right, now it's only left, left, left, left...
I'm not an expert but isn't is boring to do and to watch :huh:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 29 Mar 2011, 18:01

Kriss wrote:
Mar wrote:
Kriss wrote:
sleenster wrote:
I'm not an expert but isn't is boring to do and to watch :huh:
They usually crash a lot and there're a lot of passing and strategies, so in that sense it is better than many F1 circuits. The thing that annoys me the most is that stupid "caution" rule, it completely ruins the rythm of the races. Sometimes they spend more laps behind the safety car than on real speed.

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 29 Mar 2011, 18:03

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 29 Mar 2011, 18:08

I am with on this Luie! :O If it's just for fun, I don't mind! I just don't want him leaving the WRC which is something I really like and it's all because of him. :shhh:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 29 Mar 2011, 18:28

Front page of Cadena Ser, the most important Spanish nation wide radio station:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 29 Mar 2011, 18:33

Former-Formula 1 Champion Kimi Raikkonen in Talks to Join Nascar Team

Kimi Raikkonen, the 2007 Formula One champion, is considering an offer to join a team in the Nascar auto-racing series, his agent David Robertson said.

Robertson declined to identify the team the 31-year-old Finn was talking to.

“Negotiations are ongoing but nothing is guaranteed,” Robertson said by telephone. “Somebody had come to us with an offer and we are considering it.”

Raikkonen is set to join a new team, ICE1 Racing, in the Truck series before moving to the Nationwide and Sprint Cup categories, Autosport.com reported, citing Finland’s Turun Sanomat newspaper.

One of the team’s partners is Foster Gillett, the son of George Gillett, according to Autosport.com. George Gillett is the former owner of the Liverpool soccer team and the Montreal Canadiens ice hockey team.

Raikkonen was the top-earning athlete after golfer Tiger Woods in 2008 with $45 million in income, according to Forbes magazine.

He was dropped by Ferrari after the 2009 season and left Formula One to compete in the World Rally Championship for Citroen last year. Raikkonen remains committed to his contract in the rally series, Robertson said.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-2 ... -team.html

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 29 Mar 2011, 18:41

I wish they´d say whether he continues driving rally
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 29 Mar 2011, 18:41

The World Champion in F1, driving at the highest possible level of rallying. The one owning a moto-cross team, joining in Nascar. Can´t You people see; the guy does whatever he wants to. There´s two alternatives; he really don´t give a sh*t or... he reaaaally does and there´s a plan. Anyway, I´m done with figuring out, I´ll just enjoy.

(btw, how would it sound; a F1-team called Ice1Mercedes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )