Kimi Raikkonen vs The Rest

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
lmcsp
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Kimi Raikkonen vs The Rest

Post by lmcsp » 03 Jul 2007, 07:21

Hi Everyone,
I havent posted here like this before, but after Sundays race I have noted a few things on other websites etc of a few things that are starting to make me wonder.

First Off: Does it appear to anyone else that Massa doesn't think very much of Kimi?
I read the article on F1 itv and he was going on: "traffic cost me victory" - Nb: I didn't stay up to watch the press conference so I didn't get to see how upset massa actually was, but also "I was supposed to be in front". Now correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this F1 thing meant to be motor racing? From what massa said I can only assume he expected the win and not to be raced. He really sounded like a cry baby throwing his toys out of the cot. Also, passing lapped traffic is actually part of the game, and I get a little sick of hearing about it as an excuse for poor results - What does he want, just him and just the top 6 to be on track at any given time?

Second: Good ol' Lewis Hamilton .. Now, this guy, no matter how well he has been going, needs a HUGE reality check!!! Don't get me wrong, he has done an awesome job, although, he has never had to actually "race" from less than 4th on the grid!! - yet he sits there talking like he an old hand, making comments like: "We flattered Ferrari today" ; "If our strategy was different we would have won" Blah Blah, f*&ken Blah .. We all saw how hard Alonso was working, which was actually very bloody good racing - Lets see how this "wonderkid" does starting from mid-field, I would say without any hesitation: Not very well .. He never even looked like challenging the Ferraris from P3!! - so what is he on about?

At the end of the day, I feel that if it weren't for Kimi and Alonsos car problems, the WDC table would look VERY different. I just feel that, not necessarily the whole field, but at least the 2 above, have let their ego's go a little bit over board and haven't actually taken into account that, only due to circumstance that they're beating their team mates in the WDC.

Although Alonso is also still sometimes a bit of a cry baby, he and Kimi are the best in the business, yet they [massa & lewis] have not respected, or graciously been beaten by them!

KIMI WILL BE WORLD CHAMPION - JUST ACCEPT IT

Kimppa06
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Kimi Raikkonen vs The Rest

Post by Kimppa06 » 03 Jul 2007, 10:47

yep, you also need to remember that with the kimi Felipe situation, kimi crashed in Monaco which was his fault, and then felipe's car packed it in, in Melbourne.

and lewis has been better than Fernando, like in usa defending, Canada qualifying and Barcelona (no errors). so i think it evens itself out.

jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by jana7i » 03 Jul 2007, 12:04

i think mclaren are trying to make their cars always hamilton friendly. alonso makes zero mistakes, but he seems like he is still uncomfortable in the Mclaren, he keeps making strange mistakes in the Mclaren car, A LOT OF THEM TOO

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 03 Jul 2007, 12:56

Yeah Alonso has a rather strange driving style so he needs the car completley to his liking, something that Renault worked hard on maintaining, now he's in McLaren they are bound to be just a tiny bit biased to Hamilton whilst wanting both cars to be at the best...

As for Felipe I think he was mainly upset because of the traffic, I don't think he thought he shouldn't have been raced but I think he thought he'd have Kimi in the pitts and was upset that the traffic caused him to miss out... But what was said by him in the press conference was said in an emotional time, he'll probably turn around and say Kimi deserved it if asked about it now...

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 03 Jul 2007, 13:04

lmcsp wrote:Hi Everyone,
I havent posted here like this before, but after Sundays race I have noted a few things on other websites etc of a few things that are starting to make me wonder.

First Off: Does it appear to anyone else that Massa doesn't think very much of Kimi?
I read the article on F1 itv and he was going on: "traffic cost me victory" - Nb: I didn't stay up to watch the press conference so I didn't get to see how upset massa actually was, but also "I was supposed to be in front". Now correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this F1 thing meant to be motor racing? From what massa said I can only assume he expected the win and not to be raced. He really sounded like a cry baby throwing his toys out of the cot. Also, passing lapped traffic is actually part of the game, and I get a little sick of hearing about it as an excuse for poor results - What does he want, just him and just the top 6 to be on track at any given time?

Second: Good ol' Lewis Hamilton .. Now, this guy, no matter how well he has been going, needs a HUGE reality check!!! Don't get me wrong, he has done an awesome job, although, he has never had to actually "race" from less than 4th on the grid!! - yet he sits there talking like he an old hand, making comments like: "We flattered Ferrari today" ; "If our strategy was different we would have won" Blah Blah, f*&ken Blah .. We all saw how hard Alonso was working, which was actually very bloody good racing - Lets see how this "wonderkid" does starting from mid-field, I would say without any hesitation: Not very well .. He never even looked like challenging the Ferraris from P3!! - so what is he on about?

At the end of the day, I feel that if it weren't for Kimi and Alonsos car problems, the WDC table would look VERY different. I just feel that, not necessarily the whole field, but at least the 2 above, have let their ego's go a little bit over board and haven't actually taken into account that, only due to circumstance that they're beating their team mates in the WDC.

Although Alonso is also still sometimes a bit of a cry baby, he and Kimi are the best in the business, yet they [massa & lewis] have not respected, or graciously been beaten by them!

KIMI WILL BE WORLD CHAMPION - JUST ACCEPT IT
Total fanatic comments :@:2
jana7i wrote:alonso makes zero mistakes
thats not true!!!
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

lmcsp
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lmcsp » 03 Jul 2007, 20:33

zack wrote:Total fanatic comments :@:2
Hehe, cheers Zack. Absolutely!! - Yes I am a Kimi fan, but my point being, is that, I have seen or read comments and other stuff from these other guys, purely, acting their age and not, really, just simply getting on with it ..

I am sorry, and I do not intend to offend, but I do get a little tired of hearing these professionals blaming other factors - other than themselves, especially after being beaten fair and square on the race track

jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by jana7i » 04 Jul 2007, 05:44

thats not true!!![/quote]

i was talking about his Renault days in 2005 and 2006. but now (2007) his mistakes are so silly!!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 04 Jul 2007, 05:48

Now that he's with Ferrari, I think he has a better chance of clinching the championship title because the car is quite good and he seems to be as driven as ever to win. But again luck is not on his side. Just when he has the perfect car to win, Lewis Hamilton (the super talented rookie) comes along and is leading the championship. Even his two-time world champion teammate Fernando Alonso is losing out to him.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 04 Jul 2007, 05:56

|Reality| kimi has coupon of season to prove he can be WC... thats much important for him n fan like u!
i believe he is one of best driver in current driver line up
But massa,weber.. are just awesome for one flying lap.. u cant disagree to me

Hoping kimi or massa wins this wc :T:@
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 04 Jul 2007, 06:34

jana7i wrote:
thats not true!!!
i was talking about his Renault days in 2005 and 2006. but now (2007) his mistakes are so silly!![/quote]
yeah he did a mistake in canada 2005 [wall of champions]
and this year 2 alot of mistakes in canada at turn 1 :(

jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by jana7i » 04 Jul 2007, 10:29

iceman1 wrote:
jana7i wrote:
thats not true!!!
i was talking about his Renault days in 2005 and 2006. but now (2007) his mistakes are so silly!!
yeah he did a mistake in canada 2005 [wall of champions]
and this year 2 alot of mistakes in canada at turn 1 :([/quote]

yeah but i think that was the only mistake (or maybe he has one more), but look at him this year, his mistakes in Canada were in the dozens!!!!!!!

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 05 Jul 2007, 15:41

I'm a Kimi fan. Kimi is by far a very complete driver, more complete than Lewis, as far as I can see.

Why? Because Kimi has had to salvage races, Lewis hasn't, yet. If anyone remembers Suzuka 2005 and Bahrain 2006, those were lost causes for Kimi but he came back and took a podium or better. Lewis hasn't done this yet, and therefore, we don't know how it's going to shape up for him if he started from the very back because he's never done that. Anyhow, that's just my $0.02 Flag:##

chelnov
car driver
car driver

Post by chelnov » 06 Jul 2007, 03:38

i think i read somewhere that kimi needs to improve his technical knowledge. is that true? i mean i doubt ferrari wanted him for his driving skills only.

Yellowmc
car driver
car driver

Post by Yellowmc » 07 Jul 2007, 03:43

Well, look at the situation now. The Ferrari boys are doing something right and Kimi is putting in the work, if you look closely his car is different to Massa's in quite a few areas.

devereux
kart driver
kart driver

Post by devereux » 07 Jul 2007, 03:51

i think the ferrari of last year would suit kimi better, schuey liked the car more reactive and pointy, this years car seems a little lazy, there seems to be more understeer this year. kimi and massa have quite different driving styles, massa leans on the front more with more steering, kinda like alonso of last year but not to that extent, kimi is more neutral with his car balance. i think kimi has found the sweet spot. half second quicker in the fri practice