Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Ice-Ludy » 09 Feb 2011, 13:09

LadyR wrote:I'ma so tired of all this speculation and rumours c**p....
Those a**kissers of F1 bunch are just want him back to have someone to merchandise, it's a shame! :(
+1 :<>:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 25 Feb 2011, 10:28

It's a relief Kimi is not coming back
When Kimi Raikkonen quit Formula One to go top flight rallying, there were few feelings of regret through the paddock ranks and, indeed, a sigh of "good riddance" from some.

The glum-faced Finn's refrigerated persona and dead-pan response to most questions posed beyond the precincts of a nightclub bar after midnight where he was more relaxed endeared him to few in Formula One.

On the other hand, his transfixing ability and speed when he put his mind to it triggered widespread admiration, more especially when he captured the world crown with Ferrari in 2007 before his stardom faded under the onslaught of, first, Lewis Hamilton and then the Briton's subsequent McLaren teammate Jenson Button. But he forsook his near £30 million (Dh178 million) a year wages with the Prancing Horse legends and gave up grands prix for international rallying two years ago for a fraction of Ferrari salary.

Since then, and with mixed fortunes and some scary crashes over the rough stuff, the 31-year-old has pondered on the wisdom of his fleeing the F1 scene with spasmodic temptations for him to return. The latest, after he was wooed by Renault at the end of last year, was to be mooted for the seat left vacant by Robert Kubica's unfortunate and perhaps career-ending crash in a no-account rally in which he almost lost a hand and has suffered 24 hours of surgery since.

No interest

But Raikkonen, no doubt boosted by his encouraging eighth place in the Swedish World Rally round, has dampened any flames of hope of his comeback, a la Michael Schumacher, by insisting: "I have no interest in returning to Formula One". He left no room for doubt, no hint that he could be stalling for a big pay day or that the magic of F1 still tempts him, when he summarily dismissed the rumours even as Renault, no doubt fearful of the embarrassment of a rebuttal, plumped instead for German Nick Heidfeld.

"I do not want to talk about Formula One," stressed Citroen works driver Raikkonen, a Grand Prix winner 18 times, second twice and third once in the championship chase as well as being crowned king. "Rallying is where I want to be," he added from behind his familiarly blank face. "And it is good to be back for another season."

So that's that then. Now all of us who have ever tried to stir him to anything other than a stony-faced and cold response to our questions may breathe a sigh of relief.
http://gulfnews.com/sport/motorsport/it ... k-1.767223

mikidutzame
car driver
car driver

Post by mikidutzame » 25 Feb 2011, 14:28

Anelise wrote:It's a relief Kimi is not coming back
When Kimi Raikkonen quit Formula One to go top flight rallying, there were few feelings of regret through the paddock ranks and, indeed, a sigh of "good riddance" from some.

The glum-faced Finn's refrigerated persona and dead-pan response to most questions posed beyond the precincts of a nightclub bar after midnight where he was more relaxed endeared him to few in Formula One.

On the other hand, his transfixing ability and speed when he put his mind to it triggered widespread admiration, more especially when he captured the world crown with Ferrari in 2007 before his stardom faded under the onslaught of, first, Lewis Hamilton and then the Briton's subsequent McLaren teammate Jenson Button. But he forsook his near £30 million (Dh178 million) a year wages with the Prancing Horse legends and gave up grands prix for international rallying two years ago for a fraction of Ferrari salary.

Since then, and with mixed fortunes and some scary crashes over the rough stuff, the 31-year-old has pondered on the wisdom of his fleeing the F1 scene with spasmodic temptations for him to return. The latest, after he was wooed by Renault at the end of last year, was to be mooted for the seat left vacant by Robert Kubica's unfortunate and perhaps career-ending crash in a no-account rally in which he almost lost a hand and has suffered 24 hours of surgery since.

No interest

But Raikkonen, no doubt boosted by his encouraging eighth place in the Swedish World Rally round, has dampened any flames of hope of his comeback, a la Michael Schumacher, by insisting: "I have no interest in returning to Formula One". He left no room for doubt, no hint that he could be stalling for a big pay day or that the magic of F1 still tempts him, when he summarily dismissed the rumours even as Renault, no doubt fearful of the embarrassment of a rebuttal, plumped instead for German Nick Heidfeld.

"I do not want to talk about Formula One," stressed Citroen works driver Raikkonen, a Grand Prix winner 18 times, second twice and third once in the championship chase as well as being crowned king. "Rallying is where I want to be," he added from behind his familiarly blank face. "And it is good to be back for another season."

So that's that then. Now all of us who have ever tried to stir him to anything other than a stony-faced and cold response to our questions may breathe a sigh of relief.
http://gulfnews.com/sport/motorsport/it ... k-1.767223

now that was uncalled for...
but hell, i guess they can be relieved they don't have to show any sign of intelligence when posing a question.... :zz:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 25 Feb 2011, 15:20

Posing a question? Why do this if they can copy word by word Kimi's statements from last week's Autosport and write a whole article as if they had worked a bit? :zz:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 01 Mar 2011, 15:06

Raikkonen not returning to F1 - Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone does not think F1's world champion of 2007 is ever coming back to his sport.

After committing to a second full-time season in the world rally championship this year, Kimi Raikkonen said he has "no interest" in returning to F1.

"No one really knows why Kimi left F1, and many have tried to bring him back again," F1 chief executive Ecclestone told the German language Kicker magazine.

"But Kimi has decided to do something else -- and that will remain the case," added the 80-year-old Briton.
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article. ... 1652&FS=F1

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 01 Mar 2011, 15:20

sleenster wrote:
Raikkonen not returning to F1 - Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone does not think F1's world champion of 2007 is ever coming back to his sport.

After committing to a second full-time season in the world rally championship this year, Kimi Raikkonen said he has "no interest" in returning to F1.

"No one really knows why Kimi left F1, and many have tried to bring him back again," F1 chief executive Ecclestone told the German language Kicker magazine.

"But Kimi has decided to do something else -- and that will remain the case," added the 80-year-old Briton.
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article. ... 1652&FS=F1
Thanks sleenie! I was working on it right now from the German sources ( http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/spli ... 30102.html ) But since it is already in English, no need to blame myself trying to translate it :lol:

The only thing is that I would translate what Ecclestone says as "that will provably remain the case"

I would like to know which are the other teams who tried to take Kimi back to F1 (besides Renault). :blush:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 01 Mar 2011, 15:34

Bernie doesnt know jack s*** about whether kimi will or wont comeback in F1. I mean he is just gauging it like we all have perceived. We all know that kimi is not interested in coming back but i am sure we all know that with kimi we cannot complete the doors entirely.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 01 Mar 2011, 16:00

luieluv wrote:Bernie doesnt know jack s*** about whether kimi will or wont comeback in F1. I mean he is just gauging it like we all have perceived. We all know that kimi is not interested in coming back but i am sure we all know that with kimi we cannot complete the doors entirely.
I think what Ecclestone really said that he "provably" won't come back (I think motorsport.com translated it wrong from German). I agree, Ecclestone provably doesn't know what's going on inside Kimi's head, but he does know if some teams have tried to get him back to F1. If the answer was "no thanks" Ecclestone knows it for sure. I remember, both, Quesnel and Kulta saying Ecclestone was very interested in having Kimi back to F1. If I remember well, Quesnel even said he knew Eccestone was putting a lot of pressure to get that.

zoefrances
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by zoefrances » 01 Mar 2011, 18:09

kimi will not be back in F1 in 2012 or beyond, he has already told us that in every interview he's done.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 01 Mar 2011, 18:18

Yeah, what Bernie is saying not exactly a revelation, everybody has known that for a while. Although like Mar, I am interested to know which teams were trying to bring him back...

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 01 Mar 2011, 23:48

What I like is Ecclestone and a lot in F1 want Kimi, but Kimi says no. As for him not knowing why Kimi left F1, I tell you Bernie - Precisely because of people like you. Money empire that has made F1 a show business, political back-stabbing mafia, and a circus full of restrictions.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 02 Mar 2011, 09:32

Kimi was a waste of a ferrari seat after he won the WDC. Ferrari paid him off early as they knew he was wasting their time. He didnt care after he won the WDC and should have left as soon as he won it, saving some of his reputation as to many now, he WAS great but fizzled soon after he won his title.

Teams will always want a former WDC, but no team would pay big money for him after his performances in 2008 and 2009 (regularly outpaced by Felipe). If you compare the desire, fight, aggression and attitude of kimi compared to his rival Alonso, they are 2 different men. One craves more sucess, kimi craved a choc ice. Fast driver he was, but in honesty his 1 title he won is about all he deserved in F1.

And whoever said that they want his name back to sell merchandise made me laugh very hard.

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 02 Mar 2011, 10:07

LOL F1 doesn't deserve Kimi back.

Well he has got the WDC & not like Aloonso who craves & drool for more & will do anything for it...
cos maybe Aloonso can't do or hasn't the talent to enjoy anything else except F1. :roll::

Kimi is different, he enjoys many types of motorsport & even helping the young ones with his Ice One Racing team! :thumbsup:

Well, Kimi is STILL Ferrari last WDC!!! :zz:

P.S. about Aloonso doing anything, read the new book by Tom Bower - Aloonso demanding Ron to sabotage Hamilton race in Hungary & have it run out of fuel. :blink: :roll::

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 02 Mar 2011, 10:27

mikhailv wrote:Kimi was a waste of a ferrari seat after he won the WDC. Ferrari paid him off early as they knew he was wasting their time. He didnt care after he won the WDC and should have left as soon as he won it, saving some of his reputation as to many now, he WAS great but fizzled soon after he won his title.

Teams will always want a former WDC, but no team would pay big money for him after his performances in 2008 and 2009 (regularly outpaced by Felipe). If you compare the desire, fight, aggression and attitude of kimi compared to his rival Alonso, they are 2 different men. One craves more sucess, kimi craved a choc ice. Fast driver he was, but in honesty his 1 title he won is about all he deserved in F1.

And whoever said that they want his name back to sell merchandise made me laugh very hard.
And your posting my friend is making me laugh very loudly indeed :lol:
Mind you we do agree on something...........Alonso and Kimi are indeed two different men :) But for me I will take the one who never complains, never has asked his team boss on the radio to get his team mate who is infront of him to slow down to let him pass, never makes war with his teamate to gain an advantage and of course has never resorted to blackmail to gain an advantage as things were not going his way. I will take Kimi Raikkonen the man over Alonso the impetous spoiled brat any time :)

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 02 Mar 2011, 12:52

icemaid wrote:LOL F1 doesn't deserve Kimi back.

Well he has got the WDC & not like Aloonso who craves & drool for more & will do anything for it...
cos maybe Aloonso can't do or hasn't the talent to enjoy anything else except F1. :roll::

Kimi is different, he enjoys many types of motorsport & even helping the young ones with his Ice One Racing team! :thumbsup:

Well, Kimi is STILL Ferrari last WDC!!! :zz:

P.S. about Aloonso doing anything, read the new book by Tom Bower - Aloonso demanding Ron to sabotage Hamilton race in Hungary & have it run out of fuel. :blink: :roll::
Alonso craves sucess. So what? He is more than capable of winning another WDC. Kimi might enjoy rally, but he is laughable at it. And ofcourse Kimi is still ferarri's last WDC, Alonso will be the next.

And Tom bower. That book that, names no names, is using exerts to sell it. I mean come on. Alonso demanding lewis' car to be underfueled is just ridiculous accusation. The book has been written with malicious intent, and is making claims just to sell it on a whole bunch of things. I love it how your taking it as gospel though!