Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by luviceman » 05 Feb 2011, 02:03

get well soon, Mar :hug:
and thank you!

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 07 Feb 2011, 10:09

Hi all :wave: official FC letter offers some tours to Kimi fan and it includes Le Mans. will Kimi entry this year?!
Issue 098 | Issue 097 | Select Motor Racing Trouble viewing this newsletter? click here
Select Motor Racing have been a supporter of the Official Kimi Raikkonen Fan Club for many years now, and have taken many Kimi fans on trips to GPs. The most memorable ones being the group trips to the Monaco Grand Prix. 2011 Tours are ready to book online at Select Motor Racing.com or please call Select Motor Racing. Includes tours to WRC events as well as Formula One so you can still watch Kimi in action behind the wheel of a car.

Tour Updates

Formula One Winter Testing

· Jerez (February 10-13) Hospitality Suite with limited VIP access £150 per day
· Barcelona (February 18-21)

Team VIP Guest Package with Team Hospitality, Paddock Access, Garage Visit, Pit Lane Viewing £ 375 per day [ available Friday 18th and Saturday 19th just 10 places available ] Pit Straight Hospitality Suite 'Viewing Package' Circuit Admission Pass with exclusive access to our Viewing Suite, Circuit Walkabout with infield Grandstand. VIP Excursion ; visit the Media Center, Race Control and Podium, travel by Minibus on the Service/Recovery road. You will also view the Paddock and Pit Lane giving additional photo opportunities. Price ; 1 Day £95 - 2 Day £175 - 3 Day £260 - 4 Day £340

We have limited places so please use this link Formula One Testing BOOK NOW to contact us and complete the enquiry form.

If you have already contacted us then please book now.

* Conditions apply, our places by invitation only, there is not a choice of Team Hospitality.
Formula One we offer Travel Packages to all the Formula One Events.
W T C C Hospitailty Packages
WRC Rally Packages to be updated - click here WRC Rally for WRC Germany / F1 Belgian GP 'Combined Tour'

New Le Mans Coach Tours for 2011

We offer Fifteen (15) options Le Mans Coach Tours [ click here ] · Our Tours now offer you the chance to enjoy the Thursday Qualifying. · We offer our 'Hotel Tour Package' · Circuit Camping with optional nights in a Hotel. · Return UK option - depart by day Monday or direct from the circuit on Sunday night. BOOK NOW for the early booking price

Le Mans 24hr Coach Tours with Hotel 4 nights Tour Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday with Thursday night. Qualifying option, Friday Circuit Excursion and Le Mans Drivers Parade £325 3 nights Tour Friday Saturday Sunday £275 2 nights Tour Friday Saturday Sunday £239 Coach Overnight Direct £139 departs UK Friday night

Coach and Circuit Camping options Le Mans Coach Tours giving Coach Travel with Circuit Camping / Hotel options
Phone : +44 (0) 1451 833 721 close 12:00 on 24th December we re open Monday 27th [ normal hours 10:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday] Email : enquiry@selectmotorracing.com
Select Motor Racing .com http://www.SelectMotorRacing.com
additional info: there will be also Monaco GP tour again this year :)

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 07 Feb 2011, 17:56

If only I had too much money :( :( :)

But they are also talking about F1 testing so I doubt that the Le Mans thingy has any relevance :(
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 08 Feb 2011, 10:36

luviceman wrote:Hi all :wave: official FC letter offers some tours to Kimi fan and it includes Le Mans. will Kimi entry this year?!
they probably just realist like everybody else that Kimi really has a soft spot for Le Mans and is sooner or later going to enter the competition... so why not start to offer packages already this year :)

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 08 Feb 2011, 10:40

Julia wrote:
luviceman wrote:Hi all :wave: official FC letter offers some tours to Kimi fan and it includes Le Mans. will Kimi entry this year?!
they probably just realist like everybody else that Kimi really has a soft spot for Le Mans and is sooner or later going to enter the competition... so why not start to offer packages already this year :)
they are just another company (it is not FC that provides such package) that wants to cash on Kimi's name and knows that Kimi fans are motorsport fans. sorry to rain on your parade. :(
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 08 Feb 2011, 10:52

Denorth wrote:
Julia wrote:
they are just another company (it is not FC that provides such package) that wants to cash on Kimi's name and knows that Kimi fans are motorsport fans. sorry to rain on your parade. :(
:cool: ... heh, that was what I tired to say but wrap the answer probably in too much cotton woolly...

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 08 Feb 2011, 10:55

Julia wrote:
:cool: ... heh, that was what I tired to say but wrap the answer probably in too much cotton woolly...
sorry, my bad :(
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 08 Feb 2011, 12:57

Denorth wrote:
Julia wrote:
sorry, my bad :(

no, worry :hug:

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 08 Feb 2011, 13:22

Julia wrote: :cool: ... heh, that was what I tired to say but wrap the answer probably in too much cotton woolly...
:lol: thank you Julia :hug:
Denorth wrote:sorry, my bad :(
no worry, thank you Denorth :hug:

also thank you Claudie for your reply :hug: yeah, if only I had enough money to join tours. I definitely choose Monaco GP though :lol:

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 08 Feb 2011, 13:48

luviceman wrote:... I definitely choose Monaco GP though :lol:
that would be my choice too :drool:
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 09 Feb 2011, 09:05

well I guess everybody here are award of the F1 media working overtime to get Kimi to be stand in to Kubica, wile he is recovering from the accident. Hard to avoid it... so i pted to put this article here

I don't see what would have change about Renault that would make Kimi change his mind (they still aren't a championchip winning car?) ... But I do realize that Renault wouldnt bee doing their job if they wouldn't have called Kimis management and Kimis management wouldn't be doing their job if they wouldn't listen to what Renault is offering.... well, I guess Kimi cant avoid the media on thursday after the shakedown, they are going to hunt him down till he or his management gives acomment of some kind... and i thought we would have a nice calm start to the season... but it always seem to storm around him doesnt it?

but before we hear anything from Kimi Here is Quesnells a quite down to earth answer to the speculations:
Raikkonen free to return to F1 say Citroen

Feb.9 (GMM) Kimi Raikkonen can pull out of the 2011 world rally championship to return to F1 if he wants to.

That is the claim of Citroen’s rally chief Olivier Quesnel, amid reports the 2007 world champion is now contractually committed to rallying for this season.

The Finn and his management have not yet responded to multiple attempts by the formula one media to confirm rumours that Raikkonen, 31, is a candidate to replace the injured Robert Kubica at Renault this year.

After making his full-time world rally debut with Citroen last year, the former McLaren and Ferrari driver has announced he will drive a Citroen DS3 under the Ice 1 entry in 2011.

“If he wants to leave, I couldn’t say anything because he is a client,” Quesnel told RMC Sport.

“He has rented a car from us and drives with his own sponsors,” added the Citroen boss. “I suppose there may be considerable pressure from Bernie Ecclestone, the FIA and the whole world of F1 who want to see him come back because he is still an emblematic driver for the sport.”

However, Quesnel indicated that he doesn’t think Raikkonen is too keen to go back to F1.

“If he is taking phone calls, they would have to be very convincing to get him back there,” he said.
http://www.yallaf1.com/2011/02/09/raikk ... nt=Twitter

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 09 Feb 2011, 09:12

don't see him coming back to F1. All this stuff about 'championship winning car'...
Kimi must've used this phrase just to be polite with press. He is not a small kid and knows that no team can guarantee that before the start of the season and even such car can't guarantee the WDC itself - remember 2005? 2008? He knows those things way better than us
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 09 Feb 2011, 09:32

Denorth wrote:don't see him coming back to F1. All this stuff about 'championship winning car'...
Kimi must've used this phrase just to be polite with press. He is not a small kid and knows that no team can guarantee that before the start of the season and even such car can't guarantee the WDC itself - remember 2005? 2008? He knows those things way better than us
oh yes i remember those years...

well after him saying no to both maclaren, RB and mercedes in 2009 it pretty hard to believe that any team could offer him a package that he would say yes to... as you say no team can guarantee a championship contending car... and thats not enough for him, he also wants to do rallies etc. ... but its interesting to see that the F1 media doesnt seem to understand his choisees of choosen rally instead of F1

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 09 Feb 2011, 09:57

Gosh here we go again :roll:: Hope Renault takes Heidfeld! :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 09 Feb 2011, 10:57

I'ma so tired of all this speculation and rumours c**p....
Those a**kissers of F1 bunch are just want him back to have someone to merchandise, it's a shame! :(