The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
phil1993

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by phil1993 » 05 Feb 2011, 20:10

I think that's a compliment I'll remember: "Could've been worse" :lol:

Also I supported Kimi from 2002-2006 :O

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 05 Feb 2011, 20:17

phil1993 wrote:I think that's a compliment I'll remember: "Could've been worse" :lol:

Also I supported Kimi from 2002-2006 :O

please, don't ban me :pray: that wasn't a compliment - here is the one: I personally like that there was analytical approach to his years in Ferrari, rather than just 'writing him off'. Thank you.

only 02-06? :<>: left one year too early
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 05 Feb 2011, 20:19

Haha I couldn't support him going to Ferrari, especially when I wanted Lewis to win! But there is always a place for Kimi :) I saw his last ever win :(

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 05 Feb 2011, 20:22

phil1993 wrote:Haha I couldn't support him going to Ferrari, especially when I wanted Lewis to win! But there is always a place for Kimi :) I saw his last ever win :(
Last ever?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 05 Feb 2011, 20:26

Spa 2009. I was there :p

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 05 Feb 2011, 20:30

phil1993 wrote:Spa 2009. I was there :p

Well then, You wouldn`t mind, would You :hug:

"Haha I couldn't support him going to Ferrari, especially when I wanted Lewis to win! But there is always a place for Kimi :) I saw his latest win :) "

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 05 Feb 2011, 20:39

Spa 2009, a wonderful race to see live.

But Phil, wouldn't be it better to say you were there in his last ever "F1" win. You know, there're sport outside F1 :p

PS. Sorry Sammy :blush:

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 05 Feb 2011, 21:34

Mar wrote:Spa 2009, a wonderful race to see live.

But Phil, wouldn't be it better to say you were there in his last ever "F1" win. You know, there're sport outside F1 :p

PS. Sorry Sammy :blush:
No worries mate :O

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 07 Feb 2011, 14:11

P.S : This is not at all about me discussing kimi as robert's replacement as i would not like to discuss it as my ONLY concern is kubica's health at the moment but i had to put this article which highlights some great relationship that kimi and kubica share and just to reaffirm that Kubica is indeed a very very nice person. Top Bloke!!
Will Lotus Renault call on Raikkonen?

While there are probably a few contracted race drivers up and down the pitlane who might envy the Renault seat, it would take a lot of shuffling around for anyone to jump ship.

The one name that keeps springing to mind is Kimi Raikkonen. He’s committed to a part WRC season with Citroen, and has been pretty ambivalent about a possible return to F1. He even had a bit of a war of words in the media with Renault last year after his name came up as a possible 2011 driver.

The difference is that the team didn’t need him then, and he would have been joining a team that already had Robert Kubica. Indeed Petrov was pretty much confirmed anyway, and the fact that the Russian always looked likely to stay means that any discussion of Kimi’s prospects was academic.

This time it’s different. He has the chance of a full season, with six days of testing, in a car that could turn out to be competitive. Group Lotus will certainly be keen to have a big name, and his presence will suit Dany Bahar, who was still at Ferrari when Kimi was there. He wants to be like Ferrari, so hiring the Italian team’s last World Champion is not a bad plan…

Bernie Ecclestone, who likes to get involved in these things, will also be keen to see Kimi back. The Finn still has a huge following, and it would mean yet another World Champion on the grid.

It’s probably not widely known that Kubica and Raikkonen are good friends off track – they share a dislike of the BS that floats around the sport, as well as a passion for rallying – and I am sure that Robert would be the first to tell Eric Boullier and Gerard Lopez that Kimi is the man for the job.

And Lotus Renault would have obvious appeal for Kimi, in that he won’t have the sort of PR commitments that he faced at McLaren and Ferrari. A one-year deal would at least get him back in the game – he could either walk off in 2012, or put himself in a position to go elsewhere.

It might seem a long shot, but then everyone laughed on Sunday morning in Hungary in 2009 when I suggested that Schumacher could stand-in for Massa, including Willi Weber…

There are complications in terms of his arrangements with Red Bull and Citroen, and the winter ‘misunderstanding’ would have to be cleared up. But in the end it’s likely to come down to one thing. Will Kimi want to do it?
http://adamcooperf1.com/2011/02/07/will ... raikkonen/
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 07 Feb 2011, 14:32

Thanks luieluv! :O

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 07 Feb 2011, 14:54

Thanks Luie!!! :hug:

Well, I don't think Kimi will consider a return to F1. He's happy where he is and honestly I would like him to stay in the WRC. :shhh:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 07 Feb 2011, 15:16

Thank you Luie!!! :hug:
honestly, I don't believe it's gonna happen. I think it will be Nick :roll::
but if Kimi will do spot run in Monoca or Spa, it will be great.
however, as Luie wrote, the most important thing is Kubica's health and recovery.

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 07 Feb 2011, 15:18

luieluv wrote:
sleenster wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Here's something that was meant for the magazine
http://www.f1zone.net/site/features/kim ... 02/05/934/

You guys will probably be interested in it. I'm aware you may shout at me for what I say :p
What are you trying to do? Drive people away? :p
evacuate the place :p
Please evacuate the place. :wave:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 07 Feb 2011, 15:44

Here's a tweet from bryon : @byronf1: Phone to Kimi Raikkonen's managers is permanently engaged today. No surprise there then.