The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Post by Kinga » 11 Jan 2011, 13:03

beefree88 wrote:
Kinga wrote:Wonder what kind of cap we would see on Kimi's head this year? How would the new overal look like? With what kind of sponsor/sponsors logo/s? Would they be totally designed for the Iceman? How cool that would be? Also how would the car look like? What kind of colour and design there would be? I bet it will be cool as the Iceman himself! I liked the 2009's Rally Finland's design very much. Any suggestions?
I hope he'll tend towards the earlier cool designs. I didn't like last year's.
I like last year's designs. The caps were funny and cool. I liked especially the white one. Also the white T-shirt was great! Yeah, and those hooded sweaters were cool! And what about the RB Iceman beanies LOOOL Maybe the overal was not the greatest but it was okay too.

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 11 Jan 2011, 13:04

beefree88 wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
Kinga wrote:Wonder what kind of cap we would see on Kimi's head this year? How would the new overal look like? With what kind of sponsor/sponsors logo/s? Would they be totally designed for the Iceman? How cool that would be? Also how would the car look like? What kind of colour and design there would be? I bet it will be cool as the Iceman himself! I liked the 2009's Rally Finland's design very much. Any suggestions?
Off-Topic: show
Hopefully nothing similar to this :lol:
No offence, but on that picture the problem is not with the cap, more like what's under that :zz:
+1! :lol:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 11 Jan 2011, 13:05

icemaid wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
No offence, but on that picture the problem is not with the cap, more like what's under that :zz:
+ 2 :lol:

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 11 Jan 2011, 13:06

icemaid wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
iceman1 wrote:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 13 Jan 2011, 20:01

http://www.iltalehti.fi/viihde/20110113 ... 1_vi.shtml

google translation
Kimi will soon return to work

Rally star Kimi Raikkonen has had in recent weeks mourning.

Kimi Raikkonen will return this month back behind the wheel of a rally car. Rally star Kimi Raikkonen has had in recent weeks mourning.

His father Matti Raikkonen passed away suddenly just before Christmas 56 years old.

Tragic loss of temporarily put on ice in Kim's career in further negotiations.

Kim's manager Riku Kuvaja reinforce that Kimi will return back to their jobs and daily routines as soon as the tests will begin with co-driver Kaj Lindström.

- It is true. He will start testing in January or shortly Kuvaja says.

Long mourning

Yet, it is clear that, worn few weeks have been Kim's life burdensome.

Kim was originally intended to spend the Christmas holiday in Finland the traditional family and wife Jenni Dahlman-Räikkönen with. Sad news, however, changed everything, and Kuvaja signaled publicly that Kim's main task was now to be Paula's mother and brother, Ramin aid.

The family has played a big role in Kim's success story. Both parents strongly supported the son's career from the beginning, and toured with the World Cup.

Kimi Räikkönen Matti's death or his relatives have not commented on the way to the public. Commented on Kim's business in reflection, but otherwise the family is still mourning peace.

World Rally Championship series begins in 10 to 13. February Swedish Rally, which also Raikkonen drives.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 14 Jan 2011, 15:14

thx kriss :thumbsup:

hope we´ll soon get to see the documentary :drool: :cool:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 17 Jan 2011, 11:29

Google translate:
Touching farewell

Matti "Masa" Räikkönen was laid to rest

The death occurred while Kimi was with his wife Jenni Dahlman-Räikkönen in Finland.

Matti Räikkönen's obituary was published on Sunday in Helsingin Sanomat.

Formula One driver Kimi Räikkönen's father has already been buried.

Matti Räikkönen died suddenly just before Christmas on 22 December. He died at 56 years old. The sad news hit the Formula One family just in the middle of Christmas preparations.

Räikkönen's blessing was delivered recently and there were only a few fellow men present.

The man's obituary was published on Sunday in Helsingin Sanomat. Kimi or his relatives have not commented on his passing.
http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2011011 ... 5_uu.shtml

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 17 Jan 2011, 12:07

:(
thanks sleen :hug:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 17 Jan 2011, 15:23

:(

All the best to his relatives :hug:

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 17 Jan 2011, 22:54

Kriss wrote::(
thanks sleen :hug:
+1!

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 18 Jan 2011, 02:04

Google translate:
The gearstick is the biggest change in the WRC cars

Citroen has to continue to let Kimi Räikkönen learn something new again, since the WRC cars are changing significantly.

- Power is less, but the car is lighter and has shorter dimensions. The gear shift will be the biggest change since there are no more electronic shifters but a stick must be used. The new car is closer to the Fiat, in which Kimi began rallying, co-driver Kaj Lindström says.

What can be expected from Räikkönen then?

- Sure, he has practiced in the first year and of course it will be easier in the second season. But it will still would not be like flying like a bird when the species is so difficult.

- With two exceptions, all the rallies are now familiar. In the opening rally in Sweden 83 percent of the parts are the same as last year, Lindström calculates the experience that has been collected.
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/189548.html

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 18 Jan 2011, 03:06

The stick should not be a problem for Kimi. He is a natural! He would prefer stick over electronic shift in relation to others. Heck, even I like manual transmission!
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 18 Jan 2011, 09:55

sleenster wrote:Google translate:
The gearstick is the biggest change in the WRC cars

Citroen has to continue to let Kimi Räikkönen learn something new again, since the WRC cars are changing significantly.

- Power is less, but the car is lighter and has shorter dimensions. The gear shift will be the biggest change since there are no more electronic shifters but a stick must be used. The new car is closer to the Fiat, in which Kimi began rallying, co-driver Kaj Lindström says.

What can be expected from Räikkönen then?

- Sure, he has practiced in the first year and of course it will be easier in the second season. But it will still would not be like flying like a bird when the species is so difficult.

- With two exceptions, all the rallies are now familiar. In the opening rally in Sweden 83 percent of the parts are the same as last year, Lindström calculates the experience that has been collected.
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/189548.html
thanks sleenie :hug:

wish kaj would have told more about the team and so on!

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 19 Jan 2011, 14:52

Nothing new ... but:
19 Jan 11
Raikkonen to contest majority of 2011 WRC

Former Grand Prix World Champion Kimi Raikkonen “will definitely be racing” this year on the World Rally Championship according to his management who have scotched rumours of the Finn’s retirement from the sport.

The Finn has yet to formally announce a programme for 2011 but his management team say that they are confident he will be out on the majority of the rallies this year, at the wheel of a Citroen DS3 WRC.

Raikkonen has lodged an entry on this year’s World Championship under the ICE 1 Racing banner, and he is likely to compete on at least 10 of this year’s 13 rounds, with funding from private sponsors.

His manager Steve Robertson commented: “Kimi will definitely be out racing this year. The stories that say he won’t be doing anything are very much wide of the mark. But with his limited experience, it may be better for him to do some additional testing while the others are competing.”

In order to contain costs, Raikkonen is likely to give the long-haul events that are not likely to form part of the World Rally Championship in future a miss this year. While the Finn is not ruling out a return to Formula One in 2012 he admitted that it would be much harder to return to Grand Prix racing after taking two years off.

“It’s not impossible, but it certainly makes it harder to go back, the longer you leave it,” said Raikkonen. “If I missed Formula One I would have gone back, but in fact I haven’t missed it at all.”

Rally Sweden, which opens this World Rally Championship from 11-13 February, will mark the first time that Raikkonen takes part on an event in a factory World Rally Car for the second time.
http://www.wrc.com/news/raikkonen-to-co ... ?fid=14042
Last edited by momo on 19 Jan 2011, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.