Petter 'Hollywood' Solberg - 2003 World Rally Champion

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Petter 'Hollywood' Solberg - 2003 World Rally Champion

Post by Denorth » 10 Jan 2011, 16:26

Both Petter and Kimi? Such a great day today!
Last edited by Denorth on 10 Jan 2011, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 10 Jan 2011, 16:47

f**k**g hell yeah.. Flag:## :thumbsup:

Even Petter registers for Rally Sweden.

This year WRC is gonna be crazyyyyyyyyyy..

Wooohoooooo
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 10 Jan 2011, 17:23

luieluv wrote:f**k**g hell yeah.. Flag:## :thumbsup:

Wooohoooooo
+1 Flag:##

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 10 Jan 2011, 17:58

Julia wrote:
icemaid wrote:Is he entered under Citroen as well??
the local paper had asked about the car but the organizers didnt know the answer, they havent seen the officially entry form jet... the 15 dl didnt sound so make or brake when you read the article... also Pg is maybe doing the rally. But petter had informed the organisers that he has things fixed and that they get the entry form soon.
reading the local paper news about petter again it actually says that Petter is also driving a citroen. ... but maybe we have to wait till the official confirmation.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 10 Jan 2011, 19:19

Solberg's Citroen deal done
10th January 2011
By Giles Wade

Petter Solberg will start his third World Rally Championship season as a Citroen driver on the Rally of Sweden next month.

Solberg entered the Karlstad-based event today and his team principal Ken Rees confirmed the 2003 World Rally Champion – and his Northern Irish co-driver Chris Patterson – will contest the whole year in a Citroen DS3 WRC.

Rees said: “We’re definitely doing Sweden and the rest of the year. We’re running as Petter Solberg World Rally Team on the first event, but we’re not sure exactly how it’s going to work, whether we run under our banner or under a Citroen team after that. At the moment, the main thing is that the Swedish entry is in – or it’s going in today. We’re still a bit short of budget, but we’ll be working on that.”
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/solb ... deal_done/

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 10 Jan 2011, 19:55

Kriss wrote:
luieluv wrote:f**k**g hell yeah.. Flag:## :thumbsup:

Wooohoooooo
+1 Flag:##
Flag:## :thumbsup: :shhh:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 11 Jan 2011, 07:13

Petter Solberg Monte Carlo tests Peugeot 207 S2000
http://vimeo.com/18627069

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 11 Jan 2011, 16:35

here about Petters situation in plain englisch:

http://www.wrc.com/news/solberg-still-a ... ?fid=14025
Petter Solberg's team manager says his star driver will remain true to his privateer roots when he contests this year's World Rally Championship in a Citroen DS3 WRC, despite revealing plans to register for manufacturer points.

Solberg has run his own squad in the WRC since 2009 in conjunction with Ken Rees following the withdrawal of the factory Subaru team from the series at the end of the 2008 season. Rees had been the Subaru team co-ordinator.

Although Citroen Racing will prepare and maintain Solberg’s DS3 from its base in the outskirts of Paris, the car will be run from the Petter Solberg World Rally Team service area on all 13 rounds of the WRC with management and logistical support from Rees and his team, and mechanics from Citroen Racing in France.

“We’ve entered Petter for Sweden under the Petter Solberg World Rally Team banner and when everything has been settled we’ll register as a WRC Team [for manufacturers’ championship] points as well,” said Rees.

“Petter will still be a private entrant and will still be relying on sponsors to get the show going. We still haven’t got a full budget but at least we have the bonus of having a current-specification car this year.”

Rees said he was not sure when Solberg would sample the new-for-2011 DS3 WRC for the first time but insisted that the Norwegian’s lack of experience in the machine wouldn’t hold him back for mounting a world title challenge in 2011 alongside Northern Irish co-driver Chris Patterson.

“Petter adapts quickly to every situation he’s put in so I’ve got no worries he’ll be ready for Sweden,” said Rees. “Because it was such a late agreement we’ve hit a bit of a time snag and Petter is away now for 10 days on the Monte Carlo Rally. But he’ll have a test before Sweden, although I’m not sure where and when.”

Rees added that the Petter Solberg World Rally Team was working on a deal to run a car in the Super 2000 World Rally Championship, which gets underway on Rally Guanajuato Mexico in March.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 12 Jan 2011, 03:19

If it is the case that Petter is driving a S2000 in Mexico, his championship chances for this year are not looking so good since he is not driving a WRC car for all the rallies :(

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 14 Jan 2011, 15:58

Petter Solberg signs with major sponsors

Petter Solberg have now signed up with two major sponsors; EnterCard and TOOLS. Both have been with the team since the start in 2009, and the new deal makes EnterCard and TOOLS a big part of the team for 2011.

- I am very pleased that both EnterCard and TOOLS decided to stay with us in the Petter Solberg World Rally Team for one more year, says Petter Solberg. – It is important for us to have dedicated and professional sponsors, and our podium in the Championship last year would not have been possible without them.

EnterCard and re:member have been well displayed on the rallycar for the last seasons, and will also be a big part of the team in 2011. TOOLS are also supplying the team with all the tools and equipment the team needs to run a rally-car.

The first event this year is Rally Sweden, 10 – 13 February 2011, where Petter will compete in a Citroën DS3 WRC.
http://www.pettersolberg.com/html/2011/01/14/5518/

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 19 Jan 2011, 09:23

Colin Clark talks to Petter and co-driver Chris Patterson ahead of the Monte Carlo Rally

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 19 Jan 2011, 09:39

Monte-Carlo pre-event press conference

Petter, turning to you first, we are more used to seeing you in the World Rally Championship so it’s great to see you here in the IRC for the first time. What are your impressions so far of the IRC and your rival drivers?
“Well, it’s different of course, but it’s rallying and it’s big action and big attack. These guys beside me have a lot of experience, they’re the champions. It will be a big fight and not an easy rally. The atmosphere is good, the people are happy, now we have to work very hard to get to the finish ramp.”

You’re considered a favourite to win this rally. Do you agree with that or do you feel you don’t have enough experience of your Peugeot 207 Super 2000 to challenge for victory?
“Well, I’m not here to try to bulls** anything, but I will fight. :lol: It doesn’t matter whether I’m in a front, two-wheel drive, four-wheel drive car, it doesn’t matter - I like driving. I jumped in the Peugeot and it worked very well. I can attack properly and I like to attack. I think it’s going to be great fun and, hey, I’m a proper driver here: I signed a contract for this rally.”

How was the test?
“I had four days and the first three days were full rain, mud and fog like Wales. Then on the last day, I had a full day on ice and a little bit on snow, which all worked well. We did a small shakedown yesterday and the car was perfect, with a good feeling on the tyres. The tyre choice will be very important – we have to work as a proper team and share all the experience we can on the tyres.”

Your brother Henning is also competing here, not only that but he’s also driving for your team. What’s he like as a customer and how much help and advice do you give each other when you are competing?
“Well, if you think about earning money from my brother forget it. I have the people and the truck and I want to help my brother, Henning loves driving like I do. The guys will look after him, we have full control over him and his tyre choice, so it should be okay…”

Petter, will coming and doing this event be a big help for you on the World Rally Championship events?
“Definitely. To get the experience with the S2000 car with the gearing and things like that is all going to help. We are using the smaller car here and you have attack differently. Of course, it’s going to be very good, there’s a completely different type of feeling with the tyres. This will be a great rally and I’m really looking forward to driving and having some fun.

“I just want to say the IRC and the television coverage [on Eurosport] is unbelievable and I’m very impressed how you do it. Last year, during my test for the Swedish Rally, I came back home to my farm and we had all of the team together and watched this live coverage from this event. It’s going to be a big treat with all the live coverage – it’s all good!"
http://www.ircseries.com/html/readNews.asp?id=2390

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 19 Jan 2011, 10:06

thanks sleen :hug:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 19 Jan 2011, 10:08

sleenster wrote: “Well, if you think about earning money from my brother forget it. I have the people and the truck and I want to help my brother, Henning loves driving like I do. The guys will look after him, we have full control over him and his tyre choice, so it should be okay…”
aww Petter :hug:

Also, thanks for the interview, that was cool! Yea, Colin is right, Chris has a very nice voice, that's one of the reasons why I like Kaj. :O