Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Mar » 11 Jan 2011, 16:08

Luie, could it be black? Kimi seems to love that colour.

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 11 Jan 2011, 16:13

Mar wrote:It’s official, Kimi has entered the WRC championship with his own team:

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pr ... 1_wrc.aspx
Which means that Kulta was right, and Kujava should probably check his notes with Kimi :zz:
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 11 Jan 2011, 16:14

Mar wrote:Luie, could it be black? Kimi seems to love that colour.
Yeah very much. It could be. I too thing it would be the shade of black only.. may be gray or silver or carbon black.
And i am not worried of sponsors at all. I am cent percent sure that the Car's livery would be filled with branding and logos of various partners.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 11 Jan 2011, 16:19

beefree88 wrote:
Mar wrote:It’s official, Kimi has entered the WRC championship with his own team:

Which means that Kulta was right, and Kujava should probably check his notes with Kimi :zz:
I think Kimi’s people were trying to delay the announcement of the new team until Kimi is back.
It should be Kimi the one who comes out and tells the world “Hey! This is my team”, but, provably, the special circumstances have messed it all up.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 11 Jan 2011, 16:51

beefree88 wrote:

i actually think Kuvaja was just using the wrong words or the reporter did misunderstand it a little.... what I mean is that what kuvaja was probably trying to explain was the same as robertson was trying to that everything stays the same in practice, he has a factory supported car runned by the guys from CJT (ie PH-sport) and he continues to buy all the services from ph-sport and citroen, he is also going to drive for manufactory points but the different is that the team i called ICE1racing and not "citroen customer car team" or whatever...

i think its more like a pr/image/branding thing ... i mean it already sounds a lot more cooler to drive for ICE1racing than to drive for "citroen customer car team" together with "a person nobody ever heard of before" hmmm... who would i like to sponsor more..... hmmm...

yeah... and he has even more freedom that he has had before in this way....

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 11 Jan 2011, 16:57

Mar wrote:
beefree88 wrote:

I think Kimi’s people were trying to delay the announcement of the new team until Kimi is back.
It should be Kimi the one who comes out and tells the world “Hey! This is my team”, but, provably, the special circumstances have messed it all up.
well, even FIA:s rallycommission seem to at the moment doing the PR/announcements - job instead of Kimi... :lol:

but hey this creates a buzz when everybody we get small hints here and there and try to speculate how it goes together ....

... talking about the circumstances... i realized yesterday that in this way they just postponed the need for Kimi to come back in the spotlight by a week- two weeks. ... everybody else except Kimi is talking for him....

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 11 Jan 2011, 16:57

Julia wrote:
beefree88 wrote:

i actually think Kuvaja was just using the wrong words or the reporter did misunderstand it a little.... what I mean is that what kuvaja was probably trying to explain was the same as robertson was trying to that everything stays the same in practice, he has a factory supported car runned by the guys from CJT (ie PH-sport) and he continues to buy all the services from ph-sport and citroen, he is also going to drive for manufactory points but the different is that the team i called ICE1racing and not "citroen customer car team" or whatever...

i think its more like a pr/image/branding thing ... i mean it already sounds a lot more cooler to drive for ICE1racing than to drive for "citroen customer car team" together with "a person nobody ever heard of before" hmmm... who would i like to sponsor more..... hmmm...

yeah... and he has even more freedom that he has had before in this way....
Yeah, I know :)
This whole thing is pretty confusing, especially for the uninformed, so I guess the press often just mixes up by not using the right word. Plus they were in a hurry, so the was no time to compare notes and work on press releases.
By the way it might be accidental , but Kimi definitely drifting towards racing in total freedom and independence since the moment he left McLaren
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 11 Jan 2011, 17:02

Julia wrote:
Mar wrote:
beefree88 wrote:

well, even FIA:s rallycommission seem to at the moment doing the PR/announcements - job instead of Kimi... :lol:

but hey this creates a buzz when everybody we get small hints here and there and try to speculate how it goes together ....

... talking about the circumstances... i realized yesterday that in this way they just postponed the need for Kimi to come back in the spotlight by a week- two weeks. ... everybody else except Kimi is talking for him....
...and about him. Not bad from Mr AntiPR :lol:

Clarky
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Clarky » 11 Jan 2011, 17:10

Hi and thanks to the usual suspects for updating/translating, the latest news is at least positive, and makes the last few weeks more than a little bittersweet.

Like some, i'd prefer to see Kimi in F1, but like most, i'm just happy that we'll still have the opportunities to see him driving and pushing, and probably like all, happiest that Kimi is doing what he wants to do.

When Kaj said everything was being put "on ice" i think perhaps he may have been playing with words, and may even have had a wry smile, and on the subject of KL, it's great that his and Kimi's relationship continues, i've always said that KL is the perfect guide for Kimi, and i'm certain that their faith in each other will be repaid.

So, great news, which in a very very small way compensates at least a little for the recent bad news, I'm sure that Kimi will make us all proud, including those who are, and will be, missed, but not easily forgotten.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 11 Jan 2011, 17:47

Clarky :wave:
perfect timing for dropping by :)
When Kaj said everything was being put "on ice" i think perhaps he may have been playing with words, and may even have had a wry smile,
probably you're right :thumbsup: :lol:

pleas don't disappear again :hug:

mr j
kart driver
kart driver

Post by mr j » 11 Jan 2011, 19:37

Now that the news of Kimis future have been known I want to thank all Kimi fans for this wonderful time at this forum. This is the last time I will post on this forum not only because of the speculation has ended but also because of other matters than I don't agree with.

I wish all of you luck in the future and perhaps we will meet again somewhere.

Best regards,

Mr J

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 11 Jan 2011, 19:39

mr j wrote:Now that the news of Kimis future have been known I want to thank all Kimi fans for this wonderful time at this forum. This is the last time I will post on this forum not only because of the speculation has ended but also because of other matters than I don't agree with.

I wish all of you luck in the future and perhaps we will meet again somewhere.

Best regards,

Mr J
WTF?? what happened?
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 12 Jan 2011, 01:40

Woooo mr j what happened??? :(
Kimi needs you! :hug:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 12 Jan 2011, 03:29

Mar wrote:
beefree88 wrote:

I think Kuvaja's job is just to deny deny deny deny everything until the official announcement just like last year where he was denying that Kimi was going to WRC up until the very last moment. :lol:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 12 Jan 2011, 08:04

Basically nothing new
Raikkonen to keep rallying with own team in 2011

Kimi Raikkonen has ended speculation about his motor racing career by signing up for another season of the world rally championship (WRC).

After talks about a possible return to F1 broke down, and then the death of his father Matti two days before Christmas, rumours had suggested F1's 2007 world champion might hang up his helmet.

Having made his debut with Citroen's junior team in 2010, the 31-year-old Finn has now formed his own team called ICE 1 Racing to run a Citroen DS3 WRC.

L'Equipe in France said the team is funded by Raikkonen's own sponsors.

The WRC confirmed that his entry for the opening Swedish rally was received "shortly" before this week's deadline.

L'Equipe said Raikkonen's has committed to 10 of the 13 rallies in 2011.

"With Kimi's limited experience, it may be better to do additional testing while the others are competing," his manager Steve Robertson told Finland's Turun Sanomat.

The 2011 season begins in mid February.

Raikkonen told the official WRC website that he considered returning to F1 this year.

"Of course I thought about it, because you think about everything," he said. "But I never really thought seriously about it, because actually I didn't miss Formula One at all this season."
http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=397526&FS=F1