Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by beefree88 » 10 Jan 2011, 20:18

A new twist:
http://m.iltalehti.fi/?&d=0110&p=sport& ... 1012984101
1 Racing Ice is not Kim's team, but only the notifier. Kimi still drives Citroen junior team. Ice 1 Racing just announced that Kim and the whole of the Swedish Rally Championship, Raikkonen Riku Kuvaja d'affaires told the evening newspaper.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 10 Jan 2011, 20:38

beefree88 wrote:A new twist:
1 Racing Ice is not Kim's team, but only the notifier. Kimi still drives Citroen junior team. Ice 1 Racing just announced that Kim and the whole of the Swedish Rally Championship, Raikkonen Riku Kuvaja d'affaires told the evening newspaper.
ice1racing just announced = Kimi is driving under the banner but it will be managed by ph-sport/citroen ie he is not a privateer as some speculated... I think kuvaja is twisting words at the moment till they can announce the whole thing...

I have to say that it is strange that kimi, petter and ph-sport/Citroen customer team seems to have things completely opend and Nogier just hastily entered Kimi and Petter to the Swedish rally .... sounds like they still have a lot to agree on... I men Petter didnt even know under which banner he is going to drive after sweden just that he is going to drive under his own banner in sweden???

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 10 Jan 2011, 20:42

Julia wrote:
ice1racing just announced = Kimi is driving under the banner but it will be managed by ph-sport/citroen ie he is not a privateer as some speculated... I think kuvaja is twisting words at the moment till they can announce the whole thing...

I have to say that it is strange that kimi, petter and ph-sport/Citroen customer team seems to have things completely opend and Nogier just hastily entered Kimi and Petter to the Swedish rally .... sounds like they still have a lot to agree on... I men Petter didnt even know under which banner he is going to drive after sweden just that he is going to drive under his own banner in sweden???
Yeah. I guess they agreed on the points that were absolutely necessary, but there's still some work to do with the details. Still it's more promising than any news before regarding both of them
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 10 Jan 2011, 20:53

What a mess! My head aches.

But this all has a couple of positives:

a) We know Kimi will be driving. Today at 15:00 it was not clear at all :zz:

b) we will have something to speculate about for a while :lol:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 10 Jan 2011, 20:57

beefree88 wrote:
Julia wrote:

Yeah. I guess they agreed on the points that were absolutely necessary, but there's still some work to do with the details. Still it's more promising than any news before regarding both of them
thats definitely true! well, hopefully they get things on place during the coming weeks... and that there arent any negative twists in this...

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 10 Jan 2011, 23:41

Raikkonen in a DS3 for Sweden

10th January 2011
By Giles Wade

Kimi Raikkonen will drive a Citroen DS3 WRC on next month’s World Rally Championship season-opening Rally of Sweden – but his future beyond round one remains unconfirmed.

There has been speculation that Raikkonen might not compete at all this season, following the sudden death of his father just before Christmas. Raikkonen’s co-driver Kaj Lindstrom was reported to have admitted their WRC plans were “on ice” while Raikkonen came to terms with the loss of his father.

The organisers of the Rally of Sweden received an entry from Citroen’s customer team principal Benoit Nogier just minutes before the closing time this afternoon.

Raikkonen’s manage Steve Robertson was unable to shed any further light on the former Formula 1 world champion’s plans for 2011, but said: “I fully expect Kimi to be competing this season.”
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/raik ... or_sweden/

Raikkonen seals WRC return

By Jonathan Noble
Monday, January 10th 2011, 17:31 GMT

Kimi Raikkonen will return to the World Rally Championship this year after his entry for the season-opening Rally Sweden was lodged on Tuesday.

As AUTOSPORT revealed last month, Raikkonen has agreed terms to compete in a Citroen DS3 WRC for 2011 - although the deal has not yet been officially confirmed.

While the lack of an official announcement has prompted speculation about his future, Raikkonen's plans were made clearer on Tuesday when his entry in a Citroen was submitted ahead of the final deadline.

Raikkonen's best result during his debut campaign in the WRC was fifth place on the Rally of Turkey - while he won his first ever stage on the Rallye Deutschland.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88758

f194girl
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by f194girl » 10 Jan 2011, 23:45

Just came home and now I read all this great great news !yahoo:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 11 Jan 2011, 11:56

This is absolutely the best choise :)
I miss a babysitter

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 11 Jan 2011, 12:02

Moominpappa wrote:This is absolutely the best choise :)
Here's Moomin! :hug:

Yeah, I think you are happy with this news! :O

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 11 Jan 2011, 12:03

Raikkonen entered for Sweden

Kimi Raikkonen to compete in Sweden in a Citroen DS3 WRC run by the new ICE 1 Racing WRC Team.

F1 2007 world champion Kimi Raikkonen will compete on the Rally Sweden next month.

Raikkonen, who made the switch to the World Rally Championship last season with the Citroen Junior Team, lodged his entry for the opening round of the season just before they closed at 15.00 hours on Monday.

The Finn will compete in the new Citroen DS3 WRC car, the same as will be driven by factory drivers Sebastien Loeb and Sebastien Ogier.

However, Kimi won't compete under the Citroen Junior Team banner, but rather under the name of new team, the ICE 1 Racing WRC Team.

Further details are currently sketchy as nothing official has been released by the former Ferrari and McLaren man.

However a spokesperson for Citroen told Crash.net that Kimi has rented the car from them and will run it under his own name, hence the creation of the ICE 1 Racing WRC Team – Raikkonen's nickname after all is the 'Ice-man'. Citroen added that as Raikkonen is leasing the car they won't be be putting out any sort of release.

Whether Raikkonen will now compete in all the WRC events this season is still unclear.
http://www.crash.net/world+rally/news/1 ... mpaign=rss

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 11 Jan 2011, 12:43

Whatever it is, we get to see Kimi rallying next month!!! :cool:

Flag:##

TwoHardCore
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by TwoHardCore » 11 Jan 2011, 12:48

Very exciting and very good news. It'll be nice to hear all about it in a few weeks as the rally gets closer.

I'm not sure how much I'll get to follow it this year (busy working) but I'll be glad to read all about it!

Thanks for all the news everyone, especially this last bit! :hug:
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
"

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 11 Jan 2011, 15:56

It’s official, Kimi has entered the WRC championship with his own team:

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pr ... 1_wrc.aspx

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 11 Jan 2011, 15:59

So IceOne Racing it is! good luck!!!! :thumbsup:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 11 Jan 2011, 16:02

Mar wrote:It’s official, Kimi has entered the WRC championship with his own team:

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pr ... 1_wrc.aspx
GO ICE1 RACING GO :thumbsup: Flag:##
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season