Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by miezicat » 01 Jan 2011, 16:05

Mar wrote:
sleenster wrote:Apparently the deadline for 2011 WRC registrations is Jan. 4th :fear:

Let's hope Kimi makes it :pray:
Oh, don't worry :hug:

I have not taken a look to the deadline date this year, but as far as I remember, that deadline is for teams that want to participate in the manufacturer’s championship. Each one of those teams must nominate at least one driver.

For example, last season, Ford nominated Hirvonen but not Latvala, even if Latvala had a contract. They needed to give at least one name so they gave only one. That means less bureaucracy to fill. CJT gave both names, Ogier and Räikkönen, but Ogier ended up the season driving for the main team on gravel. Those names mean very little. What’s important is the entry for each rally.

When does the entry for Rally Sweden finish?

PS. If rules have not changed, even if a driver is not in Sweden, he can get points for the championship in any other rally he participates, as it is in F1: a driver can step into a car at any time during the season and if he makes points, those points belong to him.

PS2. Let's see if I can find the FIA rules for 2011 and check what I wrote, my memory fails sometimes :roll::
yes, you are right with this. but the one driver they nominate first, must he do all rallies? these regulations are confusing...
entry for Rally Sweden is closed at 11th January.

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 01 Jan 2011, 17:27

After death of father: Raikkonen is considering career end

Former Formula 1 world champion Kimi Raikkonen apparently is considering after the sudden death of his father Matti his career end. "Right now everything is on hold," said Kaj Lindström Raikkönens Co-Pilot of the Finnish newspaper 'Iltalehti' on the plans Raikkönens with a death case.

Raikkonen was changed before the last season of the Champions League for the World Rally Championship. His father died two days before Christmas at the age of 56. Matti Raikkonen Kimi's career had supported early and was a constant companion of his son.

On the future Raikkönens there had been earlier speculation. Although he had stressed recently, love to stay in the World Rally Championship. For which team he could drive in 2011, but is not clear. His sponsor (Red Bull) are hesitant to extend the contract with the 31-year-olds.

http://www.motorsport-total.com/rallye/ ... 10103.html

Google Translator

Absolutely rubbish! They are just quoting Iltalehti and inferencing on their own that Kimi is considering to quit.
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 01 Jan 2011, 17:41

saif wrote:

Former Formula 1 world champion Kimi Raikkonen apparently is considering after the sudden death of his father Matti his career end. "Right now everything is on hold," said Kaj Lindström Raikkönens Co-Pilot of the Finnish newspaper 'Iltalehti' on the plans Raikkönens with a death case.

Raikkonen was changed before the last season of the Champions League for the World Rally Championship. His father died two days before Christmas at the age of 56. Matti Raikkonen Kimi's career had supported early and was a constant companion of his son.

On the future Raikkönens there had been earlier speculation. Although he had stressed recently, love to stay in the World Rally Championship. For which team he could drive in 2011, but is not clear. His sponsor (Red Bull) are hesitant to extend the contract with the 31-year-olds.

Google Translator

Absolutely rubbish! They are just quoting Iltalehti and inferencing on their own that Kimi is considering to quit.
i agree.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 01 Jan 2011, 19:36

luieluv wrote:
saif wrote:

Google Translator

i agree.
I agree too guys, they just dont have any news to report so they steal old news and add a twist. Sad isnt it!

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 01 Jan 2011, 21:52

miezicat wrote:
Mar wrote:
sleenster wrote:Apparently the deadline for 2011 WRC registrations is Jan. 4th :fear:

I have not taken a look to the deadline date this year, but as far as I remember, that deadline is for teams that want to participate in the manufacturer’s championship. Each one of those teams must nominate at least one driver.

For example, last season, Ford nominated Hirvonen but not Latvala, even if Latvala had a contract. They needed to give at least one name so they gave only one. That means less bureaucracy to fill. CJT gave both names, Ogier and Räikkönen, but Ogier ended up the season driving for the main team on gravel. Those names mean very little. What’s important is the entry for each rally.

PS. If rules have not changed, even if a driver is not in Sweden, he can get points for the championship in any other rally he participates, as it is in F1: a driver can step into a car at any time during the season and if he makes points, those points belong to him.

PS2. Let's see if I can find the FIA rules for 2011 and check what I wrote, my memory fails sometimes :roll::
yes, you are right with this. but the one driver they nominate first, must he do all rallies? these regulations are confusing...
Thanks Mar and miezi :hug:
I guess practically it's ok for Kimi to miss both deadlines and he'll still be able to continue driving but I think if he hasn't gotten everything together by the Rally Sweden deadline it's still not a good sign :fear:

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 02 Jan 2011, 10:23

Autosport wrote:Raikkonen: WRC made me better driver

Kimi Raikkonen says his season in the World Rally Championship has made him a better driver.

The former Formula 1 world champion had only competed on one WRC round prior to the start of this year and he says his rookie season with the Citroen Junior Rally Team has taught him a huge amount.

"For sure I have improved as a driver this season," said Raikkonen. "Rallying is a lot harder than F1, certainly for me. If you can drive on some of the roads we did this year, you can drive anywhere."

Raikkonen also admitted he had considered a return to F1, adding: "Of course I thought about it, because you think about everything.

"But I never really thought seriously about it, because actually I didn't miss Formula 1 at all this season.

"Before the start of this year I thought it would be interesting to see if I missed it at all, and in fact I didn't.

"On balance, this year has been pretty much as I expected. There have been good bits and bad bits, and on the whole it's been really tough with a lot of learning. In some ways it reminds me of the very first years when I was starting out in racing: it was a little bit the same feeling."

Raikkonen ended the season 10th after contesting 12 of the 13 rallies in a C4 WRC.
Should we see this as as message? :)
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 02 Jan 2011, 11:19

miezicat wrote:
Mar wrote:

I’m trying to remember, but I can’t.
Nevertheless, Ogier was the first nominated driver by CJT last season and he ended up driving for the main team. I really should find the time to read the rules :)

11th January, uff, that's going to be close :fear:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 02 Jan 2011, 11:22

saif wrote:
Autosport wrote:Raikkonen: WRC made me better driver

Kimi Raikkonen says his season in the World Rally Championship has made him a better driver.

The former Formula 1 world champion had only competed on one WRC round prior to the start of this year and he says his rookie season with the Citroen Junior Rally Team has taught him a huge amount.

"For sure I have improved as a driver this season," said Raikkonen. "Rallying is a lot harder than F1, certainly for me. If you can drive on some of the roads we did this year, you can drive anywhere."

Raikkonen also admitted he had considered a return to F1, adding: "Of course I thought about it, because you think about everything.

"But I never really thought seriously about it, because actually I didn't miss Formula 1 at all this season.

"Before the start of this year I thought it would be interesting to see if I missed it at all, and in fact I didn't.

"On balance, this year has been pretty much as I expected. There have been good bits and bad bits, and on the whole it's been really tough with a lot of learning. In some ways it reminds me of the very first years when I was starting out in racing: it was a little bit the same feeling."

Raikkonen ended the season 10th after contesting 12 of the 13 rallies in a C4 WRC.
Should we see this as as message? :)
Aren’t those statements already several weeks old? I know, I have already read them, I could swear in Motorsport-magazin.

I wonder why Autosport has published them now. I can think about lack of news (but the Dakar is already moving, so it provably won’t be the case), or maybe somebody asked them to publish that now. :zz:

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 02 Jan 2011, 11:35

Mar wrote:
miezicat wrote:
Mar wrote:

Nevertheless, Ogier was the first nominated driver by CJT last season and he ended up driving for the main team. I really should find the time to read the rules :)

the rules just say that the first driver nominated may change only after the agreement of the World Rally Championship Commission. the driver of the second car may change each rally. my thought was if it's possible to nominate van Merksteijn as first driver if he is not doing all rallies? but as we saw with Ogier such changes don't seem to be a problem.

about that autosport article, I wonder the same. i have read it too already, don't remember where. so why publish that words again now? ''hmm''

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 02 Jan 2011, 12:40

miezicat wrote:
Mar wrote:
miezicat wrote:
Mar wrote:

the rules just say that the first driver nominated may change only after the agreement of the World Rally Championship Commission. the driver of the second car may change each rally. my thought was if it's possible to nominate van Merksteijn as first driver if he is not doing all rallies? but as we saw with Ogier such changes don't seem to be a problem.

about that autosport article, I wonder the same. i have read it too already, don't remember where. so why publish that words again now? ''hmm''
Ooops! Van Merkstejn will do only 10 rallies, that definitively means Citroën has until Tuesday to name somebody else if they want to entry the team for the constructors championship (unless they have an agreement with the FIA). Interesting, very interesting ''hmm'' .

Andreas
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Andreas » 02 Jan 2011, 13:20

Ooops! Van Merkstejn will do only 10 rallies, that definitively means Citroën has until Tuesday to name somebody else if they want to entry the team for the constructors championship (unless they have an agreement with the FIA). Interesting, very interesting ''hmm'' .
They can confirm Loeb or Ogier. Is Citroen Total WRT going to drive with 4 cars next season?
''If i'm not good enough as I am then I don't have to be good enough at all'' - Matti Raikkonen

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 03 Jan 2011, 10:34

Wolfie's gutfeeling gets stronger again...
Will Mark Webber continue?

Iltasanomat

Mark Webber might not continue next season. He has a contract with Red Bull but they are whispering again in the F1-circles that he considers withdrawal before the season starts.

Roger Benoit in the Swiss Blick is now writing about it and he is one of the most experienced F1-reporters and is a friend of Bernie Ecclestone.

Blick also rumours that Toro Rosso will soon be owned by rich Arabs.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 03 Jan 2011, 10:45

Wolfie wrote:Wolfie's gutfeeling gets stronger again...

Iltasanomat

Mark Webber might not continue next season. He has a contract with Red Bull but they are whispering again in the F1-circles that he considers withdrawal before the season starts.

Roger Benoit in the Swiss Blick is now writing about it and he is one of the most experienced F1-reporters and is a friend of Bernie Ecclestone.

I suppose that's on the paper edition of Blick, because I can find nothing in their webpage :<>:

PS. Wolfie Image :p

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 03 Jan 2011, 10:53

Mar wrote:

Iltasanomat

I suppose that's on the paper edition of Blick, because I can find nothing in their webpage :<>:

Mar, don't you come and Wolfie me :<>:

:lol:

I have already asked a guy from Switzerland to confirm it but it was here:

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/formula1/Lope ... 25016.html
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 03 Jan 2011, 11:20

Wolfie wrote:
Mar wrote:

Iltasanomat

Mar, don't you come and Wolfie me :<>:

:lol:
:zz:

Wolfie wrote: I have already asked a guy from Switzerland to confirm it but it was here:

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/formula1/Lope ... 25016.html
Thanks!