Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Kriss » 29 Dec 2010, 18:13

thanks a lot Nikki :hug:
do you know anything about the date of the funeral?

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 29 Dec 2010, 18:17

Kriss wrote:thanks a lot Nikki :hug:
Hi Kriss :hug:

No I don't know anything about the funeral and it feels like I don't even want to know either. I thought about sending a card of condolences to the family but am starting to think more and more that the best would be to completely respect their privacy and give condolences that way :(
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Dec 2010, 18:28

Wolfie wrote:
Kriss wrote:thanks a lot Nikki :hug:
Hi Kriss :hug:

No I don't know anything about the funeral and it feels like I don't even want to know either. I thought about sending a card of condolences to the family but am starting to think more and more that the best would be to completely respect their privacy and give condolences that way :(
Hi Nikki :hug:

I've just asked because I hope that after the funeral it will be a little bit easier for Kimi and his family. :pray: And the worst day will be the day of the funeral.

I know that the pain will never go away completely but time will heal the wounds.

Sending a card is not a bad idea but of course it's up to you. :hug:

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 29 Dec 2010, 23:57

Wolfie wrote:Iltalehti 29.12.2010 (paper edition)
MOURNING TIME

According to Kaj Lindström Kimi Räikkönen's rally career is now put on ice.

Soon the dead line for the entry list in WRC meets the end. Yet nobody knows anything about Kimi Räikkönen's contract situation.

The worst - if this adjective fits in - would be that there wouldn't be anything happening for a while when it comes to Räikkönen's sporting career. Matti-dad's death during christmas stopped all negotiations.

- Everything is now put on ice until he gets his things in order, Kaj Lindström says.

In practice Räikkönen's mourning time will last at least until the funeral is over. Riku Kuvaja emphasises that they want to keep everything concerning the mourning event strictly as the family's private matter.

- We will totally sanctify this time. We will tell news when it's time, Kuvaja told Iltalehti yesterday.

Lindström is such an experienced fox that he doesn't lose his nerves even if he doesn't know for sure about his own plans next season. Surely there is something going on but according to the co-driver even the continuance in rally isn't completely sure.

- Everything is possible in this sport. If you would ask me it would have been better if we would have had a signed contract already in September.

Lately Räikkönen has also been connected to managering a motocross-team. It's completely uncertain if that could be combined with a full rally season or not.

- Let's just hope that he will end up in rally. His chances for success the second year are much better than the first year since he doesn't have to learn everything again, Kaj Lindström said.

Yet rally must now be the least important thing in Räikkönen's mind. The WRC-serie starts in Sweden in February. Mini/Prodrive-, Monster- and Citroen's junior team hasn't yet confirmed their other driver's name.

Janne Palomäki
I hope you dont view me as an a-hole writing this. But we all know Kimi really does want to drive next year. And I cant help thinking that he would have been able to focus and not worry about anything else but his family during this difficult time, if he had closed the deal months before.
I know I dont know all the details as to why that wasnt done. Only that is has been talked about since summer or even before. I sure hope there is a good reason for his own sake or he will be regretting that come February.
I mean no disrespect and the need to mourn such a great loss is very important. But it was Mattis goal too that his son drove at the top in motorsport. And now we are faced with the possibiblity of Kimi not racing next year due to the very sad and untimely death of his Dad. The whole affair is just sad. And my thoughts go to Kimi a lot these days. I hope and pray for the best outcome for everyone.
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 30 Dec 2010, 03:20

Soren wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Iltalehti 29.12.2010 (paper edition)
MOURNING TIME

According to Kaj Lindström Kimi Räikkönen's rally career is now put on ice.

Soon the dead line for the entry list in WRC meets the end. Yet nobody knows anything about Kimi Räikkönen's contract situation.

The worst - if this adjective fits in - would be that there wouldn't be anything happening for a while when it comes to Räikkönen's sporting career. Matti-dad's death during christmas stopped all negotiations.

- Everything is now put on ice until he gets his things in order, Kaj Lindström says.

In practice Räikkönen's mourning time will last at least until the funeral is over. Riku Kuvaja emphasises that they want to keep everything concerning the mourning event strictly as the family's private matter.

- We will totally sanctify this time. We will tell news when it's time, Kuvaja told Iltalehti yesterday.

Lindström is such an experienced fox that he doesn't lose his nerves even if he doesn't know for sure about his own plans next season. Surely there is something going on but according to the co-driver even the continuance in rally isn't completely sure.

- Everything is possible in this sport. If you would ask me it would have been better if we would have had a signed contract already in September.

Lately Räikkönen has also been connected to managering a motocross-team. It's completely uncertain if that could be combined with a full rally season or not.

- Let's just hope that he will end up in rally. His chances for success the second year are much better than the first year since he doesn't have to learn everything again, Kaj Lindström said.

Yet rally must now be the least important thing in Räikkönen's mind. The WRC-serie starts in Sweden in February. Mini/Prodrive-, Monster- and Citroen's junior team hasn't yet confirmed their other driver's name.

Janne Palomäki
I hope you dont view me as an a-hole writing this. But we all know Kimi really does want to drive next year. And I cant help thinking that he would have been able to focus and not worry about anything else but his family during this difficult time, if he had closed the deal months before.
I know I dont know all the details as to why that wasnt done. Only that is has been talked about since summer or even before. I sure hope there is a good reason for his own sake or he will be regretting that come February.
I mean no disrespect and the need to mourn such a great loss is very important. But it was Mattis goal too that his son drove at the top in motorsport. And now we are faced with the possibiblity of Kimi not racing next year due to the very sad and untimely death of his Dad. The whole affair is just sad. And my thoughts go to Kimi a lot these days. I hope and pray for the best outcome for everyone.
I think the press are making too much out of "everything" being put on hold. This time of year there is not much going on business wise in any event. The chances are that Kimi was properly going to negotiate next year even before his father's death. Kimi has been a professional for years, if Kimi were busy with negotiations before Matti's tragic death then they will properly pick it up again in the new year.

But it is certainly a very sad time for the whole family. :(

f194girl
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by f194girl » 30 Dec 2010, 06:56

I hope he will continue in racing :pray: Sure it is a difficult and sad time at the moment, but live goes on. Sometimes it is better to have something to do and concentrate on after such a great misfortune.

Andreas
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Andreas » 30 Dec 2010, 07:44

I also believe the press is a bit over-reacted with that article :wave:

As Kimi said in his last column: ''The race goes on in 2011''

Well, let's wait and see... :zz:
''If i'm not good enough as I am then I don't have to be good enough at all'' - Matti Raikkonen

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 30 Dec 2010, 21:21

Solberg Eyeing WTCC Switch For 2011
Written By
Peter Allen
– December 30, 2010

Rallying favourite Petter Solberg could be poised for a switch to circuit racing for 2011, having revealed he is looking to test for a World Touring Car Championship team in the near future.

Solberg has yet to complete a deal to compete in next year’s World Rally Championship, with a change of regulations forcing him to look beyond the Citroen C4 he has privately run in 2010, when he finished third in the final standings. He has been offered a drive by Citroen with its new DS3 WRC, but is struggling to raise the funds required.

Speaking to Autosport, Solberg said: “I know what I can do on the track, and that’s why I’m looking at the WTCC. I am very interested in testing some cars to see what they’re like. I have tested Formula 1 and Le Mans cars and they went well. At the moment it’s tough in the WRC, so I’m exploring other possibilities and the biggest of those is the WTCC.”

Solberg will start next month’s Monte Carlo Rally, the opening round of the Intercontinental Rally Challenge, for Peugeot. Although continuing in that series would be an option for Solberg, he says he would rather switch to the WTCC.

“I’m interested in world championships,” he said. “The IRC is good, but it’s not at the highest level. If I can’t do the WRC, it’s World Touring Cars.”

Solberg’s difficulties in getting a drive for Citroen could leave the door open for Kimi Raikkonen to remain with the French team, having previously been set for a switch to Ford in order to remain in the WRC.
http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2010/ ... ed+Flag%29

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 31 Dec 2010, 00:40

This is probably old news even though it's from this week's Autosport:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 31 Dec 2010, 12:58

Too much information, and it’s all contradictory. :<>:
Let’s hope Autosport got it right now. :pray:

Happy new year to everybody! Must back in the kitchen :wave:

Lady Snowcat
car driver
car driver

Post by Lady Snowcat » 31 Dec 2010, 18:01

A very sad time...

It's always harder on the family if it's unexpected and swift....

Our thoughts are with them... especially Mrs Raikkonen....

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 01 Jan 2011, 04:05

Apparently the deadline for 2011 WRC registrations is Jan. 4th :fear:

Let's hope Kimi makes it :pray:

Lady Snowcat
car driver
car driver

Post by Lady Snowcat » 01 Jan 2011, 14:30

This isn't looking good is it...

It's going to be hard for Kimi to concentrate on this right now but he'll have to if he's going to be a player this year...

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 01 Jan 2011, 15:38

sleenster wrote:Apparently the deadline for 2011 WRC registrations is Jan. 4th :fear:

Let's hope Kimi makes it :pray:
Oh, don't worry :hug:

I have not taken a look to the deadline date this year, but as far as I remember, that deadline is for teams that want to participate in the manufacturer’s championship. Each one of those teams must nominate at least one driver.

For example, last season, Ford nominated Hirvonen but not Latvala, even if Latvala had a contract. They needed to give at least one name so they gave only one. That means less bureaucracy to fill. CJT gave both names, Ogier and Räikkönen, but Ogier ended up the season driving for the main team on gravel. Those names mean very little. What’s important is the entry for each rally.

When does the entry for Rally Sweden finish?

PS. If rules have not changed, even if a driver is not in Sweden, he can get points for the championship in any other rally he participates, as it is in F1: a driver can step into a car at any time during the season and if he makes points, those points belong to him.

PS2. Let's see if I can find the FIA rules for 2011 and check what I wrote, my memory fails sometimes :roll::