Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Kriss » 15 Dec 2010, 09:55

apple wrote:Now also IS and YLE are reporting the same rumour that Kimi is going to go to Monster world rally team and so he will drive Ford. They say Kimis negotiations with Citroen hasnt succeed after Red Bull will invest their money more and more in F1.
(hubby says Red Bulls air show was cancelled for the same reason, they just dont have the money and all their focus in now in F1)
Kimis sponsor will probably be Monster.
thanks Apple :hug:
I could live with that :)
team rock & roll Flag:##
pr wise it would be a dream team (poor Kimi :lol: )

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 15 Dec 2010, 09:57

sammyosammy wrote:
I really don`t trust anything untill Silencio himself speaks.. :)
:lol:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 15 Dec 2010, 10:06

Google translate as well:
IS: Kimi Räikkönen to Ford?

The cooperation of Kimi and Red Bull is coming to a decision, according to Ilta-Sanomat.

Räikkönen's financial backing would be coming from the United States. One possible sponsor is the Monster energy company, according to the newspaper.

If the transfer to Ford is realized, Kimi will be Jari-Matti Latvala and Mikko Hirvonen's teammate. Last season Raikkonen drove in the Citroen junior team.

The World Rally Championship series starts in February in Sweden.
http://www.iltalehti.fi/ralli/2010121512868406_ri.shtml

I don't trust the rumours as well, I'll wait for the announcement ''hmm''

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 15 Dec 2010, 10:32

sammyosammy wrote:
apple wrote:Now also IS and YLE are reporting the same rumour that Kimi is going to go to Monster world rally team and so he will drive Ford. They say Kimis negotiations with Citroen hasnt succeed after Red Bull will invest their money more and more in F1.
(hubby says Red Bulls air show was cancelled for the same reason, they just dont have the money and all their focus in now in F1)
Kimis sponsor will probably be Monster.
YLE is only referring to IS. Nothing on IS`s web site. In printed version I quess???
I really don`t trust anything untill Silencio himself speaks.. :)
According to the Royal Academy of the Spanish Language (these people decide the official rules of the Spanish language):

Silencio: Abstención de hablar. (Relinquishment from speaking)

I'm afraid you're right, we will wait for ages and he won't say a word Image

Ploert
car driver
car driver

Post by Ploert » 15 Dec 2010, 10:32

Ken & Kimi. Must be the coolest team in motorsports history!

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 15 Dec 2010, 10:38

Yep, IS and IL are not the most realiable newspapers in the world . Rather surprising from YLE to quote them.
But there is a seat open so why not fit Kimi in as the rumours about overseas sponsor have been flying here and there. Its quite easy to suspect Monster will be the sponsor although it wouldnt be the case.

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 15 Dec 2010, 11:00

Well I had promised myself I wouldnt touch my stones to do a reading on this for Kimi and just let things take their course but you know me curiousity took over and I had to succome. In some ways I wish I haddent as our boy has been through a pretty rough time of it there has been so much conflict and arguing his point that its exhausting I feel pretty exhausted but the good news is the deed is done and its settled to Kimi's satisfaction and he is secretly pleased about it. Plans are put into place for him to make of it what he wants its all there for him to move forward and take it................but its up to him and he has to put in the effort and not enjoy himself so much that he gets complacent and becomes lazy........he must push himself. Not to get too comfortable in his enviroment.

Of course it could all be wrong but....................
I like you all just want to see him hapy and see him shine.

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 15 Dec 2010, 11:14

Here is the link to Ilta-Sanomat "Ford kutsuu Räikköstä?" = Ford calling Räikkönen? Like the others, I don't trust IL, IS, MTV3. TS is the most trustworthy of these newspapers.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/ralli/Ford%20 ... 15675.html

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 15 Dec 2010, 11:39

Google translate of the IS article:
Ford calling Räikkönen?

When the World Rally Championship starts next season in February in Sweden, the new Ford WRC cars of will have three Finnish drivers: Jari-Matti Latvala, Mikko Hirvonen and Kimi Raikkonen.

According to IS Sport sources, Kimi Raikkonen will continue his rally career, but the car is very likely to change from Citroën to Ford. Funding for the project is coming especially from the United States, and Räikkönen may be offered the chance to drive some Nascar races in North America.

Raikkonen is reportedly going to his friend Ken Block's team. A month ago Block celebrated the conclusion of the World Rally Championship season in Wales in the company of Räikkönen and said in the past that he wanted to drive in the same team as the former F1 world champion.

- Kimi would be a dream teammate. I really enjoyed his company but whether a budget can be obtained is the most crucial fact, Block said in the autumn.

However, it seems extremely likely that the cooperation of Räikkönen and Red Bull will not continue any more after this season. Red Bull wants to allocate more money to sponsor Formula One.

Räikkönen's value as a model of the Austrian company decreased significantly when Sebastian Vettel became Red Bull's new Formula One World Champion.

IS Sport was told that the Citroën team that talks with Raikkonen failed to make progress. If no surprising twists happen, Kimi's defection to the Ford camp will be confirmed at the latest in the middle of January.
Some details in the article are a bit strange, I'm not sure if I believe the part about Kimi doing some NASCAR races.

And the fact that Ken Block says that Monster is not going to provide the budget for the second car. And yet Monster is sponsoring Kimi so that he can get the second car? That does not make sense to me :huh:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 15 Dec 2010, 12:15

Is Ford calling Räikkönen?

As it looks now the next season in WRC will have three Finnish drivers: Jari-Matti Latvala, Mikko Hirvonen and Kimi Räikkönen.

According to information IS Urheilu has Kimi Räikkönen will continue his rally career but the car will probably change from Citroen into Ford. Funding for the project is coming especially from the States and Räikkönen might have the chance to even drive some Nascar-races in North America.

As far as we know Räikkönen is going to be his friend Ken Block's team mate. A month ago Block celebrated the end of the season in Wales with Räikkönen and told already earlier that he wants to drive in the same team with Kimi.

- Kimi would be the team mate of my dreams. I really enjoy his company but what counts in the end is if we can put up a budget, Block said in the autumn.

Yet it looks very strongly that Räikkönen's and Red Bull's cooperation won't continue after this season. Red Bull wants to target their sponsor money more on F1.

Räikkönen's value as a mannequine for Red Bull decreased significantly after Sebastian Vettel became the new WDC for Red Bull.

Citroen told IS Urheilu yesterday that negotiations with Räikkönen haven't gone forward. Unless some surprising events happens Räikkönen's jump to Ford will be confirmed in the middle of January at the latest.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Andreas
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Andreas » 15 Dec 2010, 14:12

thanks !!

atm, i don't care where he'll be driving, IF he is going to drive cares me more! :(
''If i'm not good enough as I am then I don't have to be good enough at all'' - Matti Raikkonen

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 15 Dec 2010, 16:10

There’re a couple of fresh twitters in Spanish from Mauricio Gallardo (damonf1), one of the guys of Fox Sports who interviewed Kimi before Rallye Catalunya.

http://twitter.com/damonf1

They say:
#WRC Kimi Raikkonen ficharía por el equipo Monster Rally Team y en 2011 conduciría un FiestaS2000 junto a Ken Block...q par!!!
Translation: #WRC Kimi Räikkönen would sign for Monster Rally Team where he would drive a FiestaS2000 in 2011, next to Ken Block... What a couple!!!
@adolfonline se define esta semana lo de Kimi. Citroên le pide aportes y Monster le paga entre otras diferencias...
Translation: @adolfonline. This week it will be decided what about Kimi. Citroën is asking him for money and Monster pays him among other differences...

FiestaS2000?! :blink: I hope that's a typo.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Dec 2010, 16:35

So now all of a sudden from a bleak next season its looking that kimi actually is not in that much of a bad position for next year.
I would come across as crazy but i hope the below mention thing happens...

Kimi to Monster Ford for next season and back in Mclaren from 2012...

I am falling for "M" word all over again
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 15 Dec 2010, 17:32

luieluv wrote:So now all of a sudden from a bleak next season its looking that kimi actually is not in that much of a bad position for next year.
I would come across as crazy but i hope the below mention thing happens...

Kimi to Monster Ford for next season and back in Mclaren from 2012...

I am falling for "M" word all over again

M :cool:
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan