Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by brendakarli » 10 Dec 2010, 10:18

meh, kimi is an idiot! I believe this is the last chance to discuss with DM for webber's seat! I know webber fans would be angry with me for saying so but the truth is, webber is no team player!
The JINX

Andreas
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Andreas » 10 Dec 2010, 10:38

ahh cmon peeps, we all know Kimi doesn't want a F1 seat!
''If i'm not good enough as I am then I don't have to be good enough at all'' - Matti Raikkonen

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 10 Dec 2010, 11:58

well if he isn't gonna get a WRC ride, what else would he consider? If not F1, then I think he'll retire and just make kimi and jenni juniors.
The JINX

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 10 Dec 2010, 12:15

brendakarli wrote:meh, kimi is an idiot! I believe this is the last chance to discuss with DM for webber's seat! I know webber fans would be angry with me for saying so but the truth is, webber is no team player!
There are some rumors that Webber might not drive for Red Bull next year. I dont know if it has been posted before: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=42686
So there is a slim chance Kimi could join there if he fails to secure enough backing for rallying. But its probably very slim.

As for rallying. Im not so sure that Citroen will have the best car next year. I think it will be the Ford seeing they have already run that car for an entire season. Is the Monster team with Block still a possibility?
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 10 Dec 2010, 12:23

Soren wrote:
brendakarli wrote:meh, kimi is an idiot! I believe this is the last chance to discuss with DM for webber's seat! I know webber fans would be angry with me for saying so but the truth is, webber is no team player!
There are some rumors that Webber might not drive for Red Bull next year. I dont know if it has been posted before: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=42686
In Eurosport.de there also was something about that http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/08122010/ ... swurf.html, but last Horner’s statements don’t point in that direction.
Soren wrote: So there is a slim chance Kimi could join there if he fails to secure enough backing for rallying. But its probably very slim.
If it’s true the relationships between Kimi and Red Bull are broken they should also be broken for F1. I agree with you that possibility is very slim.
Soren wrote: As for rallying. Im not so sure that Citroen will have the best car next year. I think it will be the Ford seeing they have already run that car for an entire season. Is the Monster team with Block still a possibility?
Well, Atkinson was supposed to drive the 2nd Monster and he won’t. I hope there’s a chance there. :pray:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 10 Dec 2010, 13:07

planetmarcus tweeted
@totalrally Quesnel said 4 DS next year... hope 6 ...
totalrally tweeted:
Van Merksteijn Jr in DS3 WRC next season! What does this mean for petter and Kimi??

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 10 Dec 2010, 13:34

Van Merksteijn deal casts doubts over star pair’s future

10th December 2010
By Charlie Contadeli

Petter Solberg and Kimi Raikkonen’s hopes of continuing in the World Rally Championship with Citroen next year have been placed into doubt after the French car maker confirmed that Peter van Merksteijn Jr and his father Peter van Merksteijn Sr will drive Citroen DS3 WRCs in the global series in 2011.

Van Merksteijn Jr will drive on 10 rounds of the series starting in Sweden while his father will also drive occasionally.

With Citroen team principal Olivier Quesnel unwilling to allow the DS3 to run in privateer hands next year, this means that there is at best only one seat still up for grabs in a Citroen next term.

On the final day of Rally GB this year, Quesnel said: “Next year we will have a team M1 and a team M2. For the M2 team, the board doesn’t intend to pay anything so I have to find the full budget. We have a lot of demand but we would prefer to have the drivers with the budget who are also very fast. It’s complicated. We have to wait a little bit but I am sure we will have two cars in the Junior Team.”
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/van_ ... rs_future/

Biggest nightmare: both Petter and Kimi don't find the budget to get a DS3..... :fear:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 10 Dec 2010, 13:37

sleenster wrote:

10th December 2010
By Charlie Contadeli

Petter Solberg and Kimi Raikkonen’s hopes of continuing in the World Rally Championship with Citroen next year have been placed into doubt after the French car maker confirmed that Peter van Merksteijn Jr and his father Peter van Merksteijn Sr will drive Citroen DS3 WRCs in the global series in 2011.

Van Merksteijn Jr will drive on 10 rounds of the series starting in Sweden while his father will also drive occasionally.

With Citroen team principal Olivier Quesnel unwilling to allow the DS3 to run in privateer hands next year, this means that there is at best only one seat still up for grabs in a Citroen next term.

On the final day of Rally GB this year, Quesnel said: “Next year we will have a team M1 and a team M2. For the M2 team, the board doesn’t intend to pay anything so I have to find the full budget. We have a lot of demand but we would prefer to have the drivers with the budget who are also very fast. It’s complicated. We have to wait a little bit but I am sure we will have two cars in the Junior Team.”
keeping the kimi concerns aside i feel that father-son duo sounds so kool... Hope they do well. All the best to them. :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 10 Dec 2010, 13:38

sleenster wrote:

10th December 2010
By Charlie Contadeli

I really don’t like that piece of news: because of Kimi, because of Petter and because of the future of WRC. It’s all wrong Image

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 10 Dec 2010, 13:43

Van Merksteijn Jr makes Citroen switch

Peter van Merksteijn Jr will contest 10 rounds of next season's World Rally Championship in a Citroen DS3 WRC run by the French manufacturer's second-string factory team.

The 28-year-old from the Netherlands will make his debut for the squad on Rally Sweden in February. His programme will include the non-European events in Australia and Jordan but won’t feature the rounds in Argentina, Finland and Mexico.

Van Merksteijn’s father, Peter Sr, will also be at the wheel of a DS3 WRC on selected events although his programme has yet to be finalised.

The van Merksteijns are no strangers to the world championship and have contested numerous European-based rounds of the series in the past in Ford Focus RS WRCs. While Peter Sr has dabbled in sportscar racing, Peter Jr has focussed on rallying although business commitments have restricted his outings in recent seasons.

“I like the looks of the car and I think it’s good to go with another team to start from zero because I can learn more that way,” said van Merksteijn Jr of his decision to join Citroen. “I drove some rallies over the years but never a full programme. Now I will be looking to score points, particularly on the events that I know like Sweden and Germany.”

Van Merksteijn Jr will undertake four tests during the course of next season including a run prior to the Karlstad-based Rally Sweden, which takes place from February 10-13. He will also contest two national events in France, one on gravel and one on asphalt prior to the rounds in Portugal and Germany respectively.

Confirmation of van Merksteijn Jr’s agreement with Citroen could put Kimi Raikkonen’s future with the team in doubt. Raikkonen is keen to continue in the WRC next season but has yet to put a deal in place. With Citroen Racing chief Olivier Quesnel insisting there will only be four DS3 WRCs in action next season, and with Petter Solberg his number one target to head Citroen’s second team, Raikkonen could be left without a drive.

“I’m not sure who my team-mate will be,” said van Merksteijn Jr. “I have seen the rumours but I don’t know what is happening.”
http://www.wrc.com/news/van-merksteijn- ... ?fid=13989

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 10 Dec 2010, 13:47

thanks everyone for the news :hug:
now I'm really worried :( :fear: :fear:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 10 Dec 2010, 13:48

Kriss wrote:thanks everyone for the news :hug:
now I'm really worried :( :fear: :fear:
I have been worrying about the R-word for a loooooong time :( :( :( :(

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 10 Dec 2010, 13:55

sleenster wrote: I have been worrying about the R-word for a loooooong time :( :( :( :(
until now I thought it isn't a real option :(
but I'm not sure anymore, without sponsors what else he could do :huh:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 10 Dec 2010, 14:06

Kriss wrote:
sleenster wrote: I have been worrying about the R-word for a loooooong time :( :( :( :(
until now I thought it isn't a real option :(
but I'm not sure anymore, without sponsors what else he could do :huh:
He has the money to pay for a seat, but the question is whether he wants to and why should he? How is it possible that two world champions, Petter and Kimi, can't even find sponsors?? :huh:

Think right now the last seat in Citroen goes to whoever finds the money most quickly. Apparently Citroen want to unveil their driver lineup next Wednesday?

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 10 Dec 2010, 14:11

WTF, this guy hasn't even been a full time rally driver until now? :huh:
Van Merksteijn gets Citroen WRC car

By Matt Beer Friday, December 10th 2010, 13:23 GMT

Dutch driver Peter van Merksteijn Jr will drive a factory-supported Citroen DS3 WRC in the 2011 World Rally Championship.

With Citroen having suggested that it will only run four DS3s next year, and Sebastien Loeb and Sebastien Ogier already committed to the two works cars, the van Merksteijn deal raises doubts about Petter Solberg and Kimi Raikkonen's chances with Citroen.

Van Merksteijn's father Peter van Merksteijn Sr will also compete in a DS3 on occasional events alongside his son's 10-round programme. The younger Dutchman will join Loeb and Ogier for some tests as well.

"The last few year I was unable to free myself enough from my full business schedule to drive rallies, and when I drive I want to do that the right way or not at all," said 28-year-old van Merksteijn, who has contested partial WRC programmes in Fords run by his family team since 2008.

"For 2011 I will be fully dedicated to the rally sport since I have been given the unique chance to drive a factory car."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88644