Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Denorth » 08 Dec 2010, 11:18

so kids... still waiting the end of November? :O Do you know which year's November? 2011 or 2012 :D
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 08 Dec 2010, 12:25

we are still on page 345...

still some time to go for Page no 400..
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 08 Dec 2010, 13:20

Wolfie wrote:Oh Brenda, you always make my heart break for your sake :hug:

Even Kovalainen misses Kimi :fear:
Heikki Kovalainen admits that he feels lonely from time to time as the only Finnish driver in F1.

- After Keke Rosberg we had JJ Lehto and Mika Salo, then we achieved the top with Mika Häkkinen and Kimi Räikkönen. Kimi left a gap when he left and it can take several years to fill it, Kovalainen said to the French Eurosport.

Kovalainen has no idea over Räikkönen's future plans. Their contact ended completely after Kimi left F1.

- He sent me a SMS during Abu Dhabi 2009. After that I haven't heard anything from him. But we all know Kimi is like this, Kovalainen said.
Thank you Nikki!!! :hug: I am so sensible these days!! Do not make me cry Heikki!!! :fear: :lol:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 09 Dec 2010, 09:42

Aaaw I thought that they are still in contact! :(

Hmmz still now news...not even some rumours (like we get from Sordo and Mini) :roll::
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 09 Dec 2010, 15:11

http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20101208c ... um=twitter
if you read the part about scott speed, he says that all of the Red bull people were at the last nascar race in homestead....speed was sacked , and Kimi just happened to have a vacation in homestead Fla.?
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 09 Dec 2010, 19:59

Maria, was this your question? :)

http://www.thenascarinsiders.com/2010/1 ... esday-103/
5. From Maria:

Did you hear any info about F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen coming to NASCAR? He was seen with MWR personal at Homestead.

It’s funny you ask, because I actually saw Raikkonen in the garage at Homestead! When I saw him, he was being led around by Foster Gillett. I haven’t heard that there is any interest on his part to come to NASCAR, and I don’t know if there are any teams that are trying to lure him in. So I can’t honestly tell you what the nature of his visit to Homestead was. It could be that NASCAR is something he’s considering, or maybe he just wanted to see what NASCAR was all about. The last I’d read though, was that another season of World Rally was most likely for him. – T.C.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 09 Dec 2010, 20:52

sleenster wrote:Maria, was this your question? :)

5. From Maria:

Did you hear any info about F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen coming to NASCAR? He was seen with MWR personal at Homestead.

It’s funny you ask, because I actually saw Raikkonen in the garage at Homestead! When I saw him, he was being led around by Foster Gillett. I haven’t heard that there is any interest on his part to come to NASCAR, and I don’t know if there are any teams that are trying to lure him in. So I can’t honestly tell you what the nature of his visit to Homestead was. It could be that NASCAR is something he’s considering, or maybe he just wanted to see what NASCAR was all about. The last I’d read though, was that another season of World Rally was most likely for him. – T.C.
yes, i forgot i asked that question , thanks for finding it for me. so what do you make of this. :huh:

you know this started as a joke, but its not funny anymore, i dont want him in nascar, please wrc.or f1.....not nascar.
been trying to find out why he was here, and more clues just keep popping up.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 09 Dec 2010, 21:00

Maria d wrote:
sleenster wrote:Maria, was this your question? :)

5. From Maria:

yes, i forgot i asked that question , thanks for finding it for me. so what do you make of this. :huh:

you know this started as a joke, but its not funny anymore, i dont want him in nascar, please wrc.or f1.....not nascar.
maybe he was there to see with his own eyes that he doesn't want to drive there :huh:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 09 Dec 2010, 21:13

Maria d wrote: yes, i forgot i asked that question , thanks for finding it for me. so what do you make of this. :huh:

Oh, I am not worried at all about him joining NASCAR, I don't think he's interested in racing there. :)
My theory is that he just chose to vacation in Florida because nobody recognizes him there and he'll be left alone in peace. And if there happens to be a race in the area, why not go watch?

Kriss wrote: maybe he was there to see with his own eyes that he doesn't want to drive there :huh:
:lol: and that too

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 09 Dec 2010, 23:17

speed said everyone from red bull was at the race, so maybe it was just to see if he was interested, i dont think it was a vacation , maybe a invite to look around. MWR is always interested in f1 drivers.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 10 Dec 2010, 03:40

This doesn't look like good news for Kimi :fear: :fear: :fear:

Google translate from German:
Van Merksteijn gets DS3 WRC

Good times for Holland seems to have arrived. Peter van Merksteijn Jr. joins Denis Kuipers as the next driver in the WRC. Unlike Kuipers, van Merksteijn enters the Citroën camp and gets in a Junior Team DS3 WRC. So far ten rallies are planned, more details about the program will follow shortly.

Already on Wednesday Citroën will present its complete driver lineup for 2011. Sebastien Loeb and Sebastien Ogier are already known as the factory drivers. In addition to Peter van Merksteijn Jr., Petter Solberg has the best chance of the fourth DS3 WRC. In France it is has not been ruled out that there could be a fifth car for Kimi Raikkonen. But the Finn continues to look for the necessary budget to stay in the World Rally Championship.
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/index.php? ... e7d95027ae

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 10 Dec 2010, 03:48

sleenster wrote:This doesn't look like good news for Kimi :fear: :fear: :fear:

Google translate from German:
Van Merksteijn gets DS3 WRC

Good times for Holland seems to have arrived. Peter van Merksteijn Jr. joins Denis Kuipers as the next driver in the WRC. Unlike Kuipers, van Merksteijn enters the Citroën camp and gets in a Junior Team DS3 WRC. So far ten rallies are planned, more details about the program will follow shortly.

Already on Wednesday Citroën will present its complete driver lineup for 2011. Sebastien Loeb and Sebastien Ogier are already known as the factory drivers. In addition to Peter van Merksteijn Jr., Petter Solberg has the best chance of the fourth DS3 WRC. In France it is has not been ruled out that there could be a fifth car for Kimi Raikkonen. But the Finn continues to look for the necessary budget to stay in the World Rally Championship.
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/index.php? ... e7d95027ae
Indeed but i still cant believe kimi cannot garner the necessary budget required. It may be just that Kimi will look out for options within WRC till te very last moment. I have no reason to believe that citroen wont field more than four cars if the possibility arises coz if ford can run 10 and mini can run 6 then why would citroen be left behind.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 10 Dec 2010, 07:04

It´s getting better and better ... NOT!!!! :roll:: Can´t believe this is all happening! -.-
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 10 Dec 2010, 07:31

Maybe he's going back to F1... :zz:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 10 Dec 2010, 09:44