Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Kriss » 07 Dec 2010, 17:10

Maria d wrote:
i thought something was up with him at the last nascar race, why would he pick homestead Florida as a vacation spot?
will start checking around, see what some of the sites are saying.
vacation in Homestead for a few days with his pr person definitely strange :huh:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 07 Dec 2010, 17:12

Maria d wrote:http://kimiraikkonenferrari.blogfree.net/?t=2896266
i think this is nuts too, but it would be fun for me, i to do not believe this......but you never know
I don't buy it :zz: Kimi never liked Nascar :huh:
he doesn't even know what he is going to do next year :huh:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 07 Dec 2010, 17:29

Kriss wrote:
i think this is nuts too, but it would be fun for me, i to do not believe this......but you never know
Btw, that article is from like 2 months ago....when there was those Kimi to NASCAR rumors and then Robertson denied it.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 07 Dec 2010, 17:43

sleenster wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Btw, that article is from like 2 months ago....when there was those Kimi to NASCAR rumors and then Robertson denied it.
I think Nascar is out of the pic
Robertson is a funny guy once he sad " we definitely won't go to F1 next year" then he said "never say never". So what he denies is still can happen :)

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 07 Dec 2010, 17:56

Kriss wrote: Robertson is a funny guy once he sad " we definitely won't go to F1 next year" then he said "never say never". So what he denies is still can happen :)
Absolutely! You know there's a saying in Hungarian: even that isn't true what he asks... :lol:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 07 Dec 2010, 18:09

Kinga wrote:
Kriss wrote: Robertson is a funny guy once he sad " we definitely won't go to F1 next year" then he said "never say never". So what he denies is still can happen :)
Absolutely! You know there's a saying in Hungarian: even that isn't true what he asks... :lol:
Robertson sounds like he's trying to make something out of nothing :roll::

Kimi already said he's not going to back to F1, was it really necessary for Robertson to add "but if the right offer comes along....."
Come on, there's not going to be an offer where Kimi can drive all the rallies he likes, gets paid 20 million a year and doesn't need to do any PR at all :lol:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 07 Dec 2010, 18:17

sleenster wrote:
Come on, there's not going to be an offer where Kimi can drive all the rallies he likes, gets paid 20 million a year and doesn't need to do any PR at all :lol:
it looks like he still believes in it :lol:
he sold his house, sold his share in RR racing, he could afford 4-5 mill for 1 year in WRC :zz:
later when (if :pray: ) he is successful he could get someone to sponsor him

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 07 Dec 2010, 20:18

sammyosammy wrote:Tomi Tuominen (one of the worst Kimi-bashers in MTV3 in Finland) writes in his blog today that there`ll propably be three finnish drivers in WRC next year; Mikko and Jari-Mari continueing with Ford and Kimi staying with CJT with backing coming from overseas.

Overseas??? Have I missed something :huh:
Overseas? That overseas?
Strange, I know WRC is very popular in Argentina, for example, but as far as I know WRC is not very popular in the US so I cannot think about sponsors wanting to invest there, unless they want to expand their market in Europe (like Monster is doing) or somewhere else.
Maybe he means another part of the world (also overseas)?

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Dec 2010, 22:27

Mar wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:Tomi Tuominen (one of the worst Kimi-bashers in MTV3 in Finland) writes in his blog today that there`ll propably be three finnish drivers in WRC next year; Mikko and Jari-Mari continueing with Ford and Kimi staying with CJT with backing coming from overseas.

Overseas? That overseas?
Strange, I know WRC is very popular in Argentina, for example, but as far as I know WRC is not very popular in the US so I cannot think about sponsors wanting to invest there, unless they want to expand their market in Europe (like Monster is doing) or somewhere else.
This is the Kimi-paragraph from Tuominen's column:
There will probably be three Finnish drivers. Latvala and Hirvonen will continue with Ford and they are looking for someone to pay Räikkönen to Citroen. It's very probable that Räikkönen will find funding and apparently it comes from behind the ocean (USA). The same package might include a lot of other interesting motorsports. Räikkönen is still young and he has many driving years ahead of him. So why not try out everything possible?
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 07 Dec 2010, 22:57

Wolfie wrote:
Mar wrote:

Overseas? That overseas?
There will probably be three Finnish drivers. Latvala and Hirvonen will continue with Ford and they are looking for someone to pay Räikkönen to Citroen. It's very probable that Räikkönen will find funding and apparently it comes from behind the ocean (USA). The same package might include a lot of other interesting motorsports. Räikkönen is still young and he has many driving years ahead of him. So why not try out everything possible?
:blink:
Thanks a lot, Wolfie! :hug:

Is this Tuominen guy trustable?

EDIT: Wolfie, do you have a new sig? :blink:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Dec 2010, 23:10

Mar wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Mar wrote:

Overseas? That overseas?
:blink:
Thanks a lot, Wolfie! :hug:

Is this Tuominen guy trustable?

EDIT: Wolfie, do you have a new sig? :blink:
I don't know if he is trustable or not but he is opiniated for sure and that's why I don't usually even read his columns. You know his opinions and he brings them out clearly.

I wouldn't trust him - he is from MTV3 and does not like Kimi at all.

I'm so fed up with the speculations that I made up my own speculations, hence the signature :lol:

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 08 Dec 2010, 01:50

as sick, twisted and deluded as I may come across for what I'm about to say, I am still hoping against hope that kimi replaces webber for 2011 after revealing that he failed to inform his team of his injuries more than once, playing up the media against his team and all that nonsense. I'm sorry but Kimi in any other form of non-contact racing is not the kimi I know and love. And I am saddened that Kimi himself seems uninterested to return to his area of specialty given that just about every racer (seb loeb included) dreams of driving in f1. Its like kimi is snipping off his nose to spite his face.

sorry I had to let this off my chest, rant over ::oops:;
The JINX

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 08 Dec 2010, 08:50

Oh Brenda, you always make my heart break for your sake :hug:

Even Kovalainen misses Kimi :fear:
Heikki Kovalainen admits that he feels lonely from time to time as the only Finnish driver in F1.

- After Keke Rosberg we had JJ Lehto and Mika Salo, then we achieved the top with Mika Häkkinen and Kimi Räikkönen. Kimi left a gap when he left and it can take several years to fill it, Kovalainen said to the French Eurosport.

Kovalainen has no idea over Räikkönen's future plans. Their contact ended completely after Kimi left F1.

- He sent me a SMS during Abu Dhabi 2009. After that I haven't heard anything from him. But we all know Kimi is like this, Kovalainen said.

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 08 Dec 2010, 08:55

wolfie,

did ur gut feeling jinx kimi to RBR? :blush: :lol: yeah it is depressing for me :( I kept saying he will stay in WRC cos I know I am a jinx, but now it seems we dun even know where he will be next year. Lucky I have tons of work to do and too busy to wallow in misery.
The JINX

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 08 Dec 2010, 09:04

brendakarli wrote:wolfie,

did ur gut feeling jinx kimi to RBR? :blush: :lol: yeah it is depressing for me :( I kept saying he will stay in WRC cos I know I am a jinx, but now it seems we dun even know where he will be next year. Lucky I have tons of work to do and too busy to wallow in misery.
I don't know anything anymore, Brenda... I'm just tired with speculation after speculation because they change all the time :confused:

So I'm just waiting without giving it any thought :wave: