Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 30 Nov 2010, 16:59

thx ludy :hug:

so november is over and still no deal signed!
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 30 Nov 2010, 17:06

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:thx ludy :hug:

We in Finland still got five more hours till December... Image

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 30 Nov 2010, 21:20

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:thx ludy :hug:

You're welcome Claudie! :hug:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 01 Dec 2010, 01:01

It's December here & still no news... :(

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 01 Dec 2010, 09:41

hmmm.. do you guys still remember what Robertson said to Kulta last week:
- Of course we've always wanted to decide about the next season sooner than later. Sometimes it's just not possible. Hopefully we will know something by the end of November, in which direction we are going, Robertson describes the situation to Turun Sanomat.

from hoping to know something about the direction -> to sign and sealed for announcement is a looong way so we are in for a looong wait still.. (if we believe in what he is saying, offcourse :O )

the headline Kulta had chosen to that article was also quite implying:
Kim's rally contract might take a long time
if Kimis still tries for instance still to get a seat in the CJT I can understand it takes time... they didnt exactly have thing organized two weeks ago and if citroen where trying to get both Petter and Kimi its much to sort out before they announce their drivers... and any other option with Kimis contracts it takes time... have to say that Im starting to get worried if we don't know anything before Christmas holidays but not before that ... and if you see the situation for the rest of the rallydrivers Kimi is not alone in the not sign and sealed group.... and he is not exactly known to bee fast to read his contracts...

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 01 Dec 2010, 10:15

Julia wrote:...have to say that Im starting to get worried if we don't know anything before Christmas holidays but not before that ... and if you see the situation for the rest of the rallydrivers Kimi is not alone in the not sign and sealed group.... and he is not exactly known to bee fast to read his contracts...
:confused: :huh: #Fear

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 01 Dec 2010, 11:42

Kinga wrote:
Julia wrote:...have to say that Im starting to get worried if we don't know anything before Christmas holidays but not before that ... and if you see the situation for the rest of the rallydrivers Kimi is not alone in the not sign and sealed group.... and he is not exactly known to bee fast to read his contracts...
:confused: :huh: #Fear
sorry to confuse... what I was trying to say was that from earlier years I have a picture that in WRC they usually sort things out between the drivers, the teams and the sponsors after the season in most of the cases (if its not a driver for the main team) so the announcements come between the end of season and Christmas and the last announcements comes in beginning of january. Even if the drivers would probably want to sort things out more early the teams and especially the sponsors want to wait till the end of the year. For instance monster implied that they probably arent going to announce a potential second driver before January... and citroen boss had no concerns last week that he shouldn't have two drivers also in the b-team next season even if he implied everything was completely open at the moment. ...

and when you put that together with the fact that Kimi seems to have very complicated contracts which take a loong time to get orted out and put down on paper... these things just take time...

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 01 Dec 2010, 11:56

Oh, thanks, Julia for the explanation. Though you didn't confuse me, maybe I just chose the wrong smileys. Those are just represented my feelings that there are a lot of questions in my head, I'm confused with the whole situation generally and that I'm worried too. :)

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 01 Dec 2010, 12:03

Kinga wrote:Oh, thanks, Julia for the explanation. Though you didn't confuse me, maybe I just chose the wrong smileys. Those are just represented my feelings that there are a lot of questions in my head, I'm confused with the whole situation generally and that I'm worried too. :)
OK, yeah there are alot of questions/thing that I dont understand in the thing at the moment ... but to continue a little more that even if Kimi maybe have things almost or totally sorted out from his part of view it can be that the other parts are trying to sort out something else before announcing a bigger package/deal/a whole team.... so we just have to wait.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 01 Dec 2010, 12:08

Julia wrote:but to continue a little more that even if Kimi maybe have things almost or totally sorted out from his part of view it can be that the other parts are trying to sort out something else before announcing a bigger package/deal/a whole team.... so we just have to wait.
yeah... we haven't been doing anything just wait and wait and wait. It's a little bit boring, for me at least. I don't even have the strength to worry too much anymore. It would be nice to know something certain before Christmas. I hope there will be something to tell us.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 01 Dec 2010, 15:11

MTV3 is saying that Citroen are asking 2 million euros from Kimi, which is interesting since they asked for 3 million from Dani
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutise ... 12/1234489

Original source is from Le Figaro (google translated from French):
Two million to continue with Citroen?
For now, the "Iceman" still wants to focus on the WRC and a possible drive in the Citroen Junior Team. The facts are simple: since its main backer, Red Bull, seems to have dropped, Raikkonen will have to pay for a DS3. Since Olivier Quesnel does not have the sufficient budget to offer a complete program to him, Raikkonen will have to find in the neighbourhood of two million euros to continue with the French manufacturer. Citroen nevertheless hopes to finalize the situation before the end of the year. The road to Mini seems stopped with the probable signing of Dani Sordo in the days to come, the Spaniard having carried out tests in Sardinia at the beginning of week with the Countryman. And one leading to Ford seems too crowded. Again, the former Ferrari driver must leave the big check to drive a Fiesta.
http://www.lefigaro.fr/auto-moto/2010/1 ... -de-f1.php

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 01 Dec 2010, 15:21

sleenster wrote:MTV3 is saying that Citroen are asking 2 million euros from Kimi, which is interesting since they asked for 3 million from Dani

For now, the "Iceman" still wants to focus on the WRC and a possible drive in the Citroen Junior Team. The facts are simple: since its main backer, Red Bull, seems to have dropped, Raikkonen will have to pay for a DS3. Since Olivier Quesnel does not have the sufficient budget to offer a complete program to him, Raikkonen will have to find in the neighbourhood of two million euros to continue with the French manufacturer. Citroen nevertheless hopes to finalize the situation before the end of the year. The road to Mini seems stopped with the probable signing of Dani Sordo in the days to come, the Spaniard having carried out tests in Sardinia at the beginning of week with the Countryman. And one leading to Ford seems too crowded. Again, the former Ferrari driver must leave the big check to drive a Fiesta.
thanks sleen :hug:
interesting ''hmm''
2 million is not a huge amount of money for Kimi I suppose :cool:

Andreas
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Andreas » 01 Dec 2010, 15:24

Kriss wrote:
sleenster wrote:MTV3 is saying that Citroen are asking 2 million euros from Kimi, which is interesting since they asked for 3 million from Dani

thanks sleen :hug:
interesting ''hmm''
2 million is not a huge amount of money for Kimi I suppose :cool:
Don't think that's much for him indeed. It's probably like 100 euros in comparing to us :p
''If i'm not good enough as I am then I don't have to be good enough at all'' - Matti Raikkonen

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 01 Dec 2010, 15:32

yeah, 2 millions are peanuts for Kimi :lol:

there is also an article about rally Monte Carlo, it seems Kimi will not be there :(
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutise ... 12/1234481
Raikkonen does not appear to Monte Carlo

Internet websites rally has recently been rumors circulating Kimi Räikkönen's participation in the Monte Carlo Rally Peugeot car. According to current Formula One stars light of the information is not to see the legendary race.

- We have heard this rumor, which I believe is coming from Italy. So far we have not received any official ilmoittautumispyyntöä Kimi Raikkonen for the competition is being held Automobile Club de Monaco told MTV3.fille.

Registration for the IRC series race ending 6 joulukuuta. December. Finno the drivers involved in at least the Monte Carlo IRC championships defensive Skoda driver Juho Hanninen. Toni Gardemeister also the name is already registered on the list, but MTV3's information, his participation in the competition is anything but certain.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 01 Dec 2010, 15:38

I agree, that 2 million is not a lot to pay for Kimi but on the other hand, IF he can't find sponsors for 2 million then something is seriously wrong :confused: