Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Wolfie » 19 Nov 2010, 10:36

brendakarli wrote:wolfie,

I so wish thatyour gut was right, but it just seems like it is not gonna go the way of F1 right now...my days have become dark again... ::oops:; I dearly wish I would be more interested in WRC :fear:
Brenda, don't worry :hug:

WRC is changing a lot next year and we don't know at all how it's going to be covered, you have been there with us even though rally isn't a sport you just fall in love with like that, you have had one year to get used to the idea and can take it slowly from there :cool:

But he can do almost anything so I'm not sure if both rko281 and I have to have new signatures for one month :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpFXYQErexs
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 19 Nov 2010, 10:42

Hey Wolfie, since ski is not on Kimi's agenda, can it be that he is going 'NHL'? :D
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 19 Nov 2010, 11:18

Off-Topic: show
Wolfie wrote:,

But he can do almost anything so I'm not sure if both rko281 and I have to have new signatures for one month :lol:
[/quote]
Off-Topic: show
I definitely won't have a new signature as my conviction all along has been that he won't go back to F1. I think that in case he won't do a full season in WRC, he'll do few rallies + some races in another form of motorsport.
Wolfie, I'll wait anyway for the official announcement, but it's just a formality, our bet is won by me :cool:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 19 Nov 2010, 11:18

Denorth wrote:Hey Wolfie, since ski is not on Kimi's agenda, can it be that he is going 'NHL'? :D
Very possible, Denorth ''hmm''

Kimi wants to start from the top after working his way up there so NHL would be natural... Shame though that crosscountry skiing is out of the picture, it's so thrilling and exciting :lol:

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 19 Nov 2010, 11:20

I'm a RedWings fan. We can trade Modano to Citroen for Kimi any time! I'll email Ken Holland and see what I can do..... As a perk Kimi can drive the zamboni (Red Bull sponsored of course) between periods. Fastest ice scrapper in North America!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 19 Nov 2010, 12:09

Wow, who saw this one coming :shock:
Team manager

19.11.2010 klo 12.59

Kimi Räikkönen is going to start his own team in motocross WC-serie, Vauhdin Maailma tells. Räikkönen gets help from 7-time world champion Kari Tiainen among others.

- I have been helping in this matter so much that I asked the International Motorsporting Federation if there would be room for a new team like this in the WC-serie at once. The reply was quick and straightforward: no problems, it can be arranged. It would be a project that would be very seriously taken. Why wouldn't it happen? There are tough professionals involved in this starting from Kari Tiainen, Kurt Ljungqvist from Motorsport Federation confirms in Vauhdin Maailma.

Kimi's intention is to have two Finnish drivers; one in MX1- and the other in MX2-serie. The budget for two bikes in one year would be about half a million euros in the first season.

According to Riku Kuvaja starting a new cross-team is everything but certain.

- It's all still in the beginning. They have asked us if we are interested and there has been some talk about it but nothing concrete has yet happened, Kuvaja told Iltalehti on the phone.

KARI MELART
VILLE-VEIKKO VALTA
ville-veikko.valta@iltalehti.fi

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 19 Nov 2010, 12:47

Seems like even Marc Van Dalen (Kronos team boss) is not even aware that Kimi is going to be taking part in the Monte Carlo rally so I guess that is out of the window

The article also says that the organizers can only accept 100 teams for the Monte Carlo rally and they have already received 160.

Google translated from French
Here and there one could see the birth of the rumor of the presence of Kimi Raikkonen at the wheel of a Peugeot 207 S2000 Kronos the next Monte Carlo. Marc Van Dalen it is amused by simply stating: "I did not know ... They are British friends who called me to ask me what it was. In fact, we approached Steve Robertson, manager of Raikkonen in 2008 because we had the idea of rolling rally before signing with Citroën. But since we no longer had any contact. I do not know of Where did this rumor ... " (SH)
http://sport.turbomagazine.be/index.php ... ws&id=5578

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 19 Nov 2010, 12:51

Wolfie wrote:Wow, who saw this one coming :shock:
Team manager

19.11.2010 klo 12.59

Kimi Räikkönen is going to start his own team in motocross WC-serie, Vauhdin Maailma tells. Räikkönen gets help from 7-time world champion Kari Tiainen among others.

- I have been helping in this matter so much that I asked the International Motorsporting Federation if there would be room for a new team like this in the WC-serie at once. The reply was quick and straightforward: no problems, it can be arranged. It would be a project that would be very seriously taken. Why wouldn't it happen? There are tough professionals involved in this starting from Kari Tiainen, Kurt Ljungqvist from Motorsport Federation confirms in Vauhdin Maailma.

Kimi's intention is to have two Finnish drivers; one in MX1- and the other in MX2-serie. The budget for two bikes in one year would be about half a million euros in the first season.

According to Riku Kuvaja starting a new cross-team is everything but certain.

- It's all still in the beginning. They have asked us if we are interested and there has been some talk about it but nothing concrete has yet happened, Kuvaja told Iltalehti on the phone.

KARI MELART
VILLE-VEIKKO VALTA
ville-veikko.valta@iltalehti.fi
Thanks Nicole! :O

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 19 Nov 2010, 14:02

it doesn't say that he will be riding one of the bikes, it just says he wants tohave 2 finnish riders... kimi is driving me mad! &doh
The JINX

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 19 Nov 2010, 14:23

sleenster wrote:Seems like even Marc Van Dalen (Kronos team boss) is not even aware that Kimi is going to be taking part in the Monte Carlo rally so I guess that is out of the window

The article also says that the organizers can only accept 100 teams for the Monte Carlo rally and they have already received 160.

Google translated from French
Here and there one could see the birth of the rumor of the presence of Kimi Raikkonen at the wheel of a Peugeot 207 S2000 Kronos the next Monte Carlo. Marc Van Dalen it is amused by simply stating: "I did not know ... They are British friends who called me to ask me what it was. In fact, we approached Steve Robertson, manager of Raikkonen in 2008 because we had the idea of rolling rally before signing with Citroën. But since we no longer had any contact. I do not know of Where did this rumor ... " (SH)
http://sport.turbomagazine.be/index.php ... ws&id=5578

yeah Monte seems out of the window...

and after reading this article it sounds that citroen is boycotting monte as long as it is in IRC. When i read that i remember that even if Ogier did some stints in IRC in the spring he stated in the summer that he is not going to drive in IRC anymore because Quesnel wants him to only represent Citroen. ... so probably no citroen driver in monte.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 19 Nov 2010, 14:24

Petter and Kimi in the same team sounds like a dreamteam to me! :shhh:

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 19 Nov 2010, 15:25

If he wants to manage a motocross team is ok for me, but I really hope he doesn’t consider competing, I’m terribly scared of motorbikes. :fear:

I have been taking a look to the news in Spanish about Kimi staying in Citroën and going to Monte Carlo. No source is named anywhere, so I really don't know where all those rumours have started.
Last edited by Mar on 19 Nov 2010, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 19 Nov 2010, 15:28

they may have heard it from Fonzi :O
The JINX

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 19 Nov 2010, 15:38

Mar wrote:If he wants to manage a motocross team is ok for me, but I really hope he doesn’t consider competing, I’m terribly scared of motorbikes. :fear:
I agree with you completely Mar!!! :fear:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 19 Nov 2010, 17:42

Julia wrote:Petter and Kimi in the same team sounds like a dreamteam to me! :shhh:
For me too! And Citroen is the best choice :)

Btw. my two years old girl said today: dad, you are old! :lol:
I miss a babysitter