Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Lynx'niK » 14 Nov 2010, 22:31

Wolfie wrote:From today's Iltalehti :lol:
According to Räikkönen his future should be solved in the next two weeks. Kimi told in Wales that he would want to continue but that everything is up to money. Therefore the Finn's future is not in his own hands.

When Kimi was asked if he is still going to continue in motorsport, his reply was revealing:

- Well I'm not starting to ski, that's for sure, Räikkönen told.

IL
Shame that a driver with his class becomes a pay driver now. I guess it´s not the other way around, and Kimi wants a tremendous budget. :p
two weeks -> two hundred pages of crying, speculating, irritation, worrying and laughing.

BTW I´m hungry xD
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 14 Nov 2010, 22:39

According to Räikkönen his future should be solved in the next two weeks. Kimi told in Wales that he would want to continue but that everything is up to money. Therefore the Finn's future is not in his own hands.

When Kimi was asked if he is still going to continue in motorsport, his reply was revealing:

IL
:lol:

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 14 Nov 2010, 23:01

Off-Topic: show
hahahahahahahahahaha ALONSO not champion hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...not going to say more... :lol:
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 15 Nov 2010, 01:07

Wolfie wrote:
kimifan wrote:Vote for Kimi as Autosport rookie of the year!

https://www.secure.autosport.com/rookie/
Done :shhh:

Some speculation - again :lol:

They just interviewed Jukka Mildh, YLE's F1-reporter, on tv and he said that he doesn't think Mark Webber will retire today after the last race implying that he might retire.

When he was asked about if Kimi would then take Webber's place, should he retire, Mildh said that it's really strange but he still believes that it's something that is Kimi's own decision and that it's also strange that he still keeps his options open since at some point it will be too late for Kimi to make any decisions.

Summa summarum: According to him it's Kimi who decides what he wants to do - just like Kimi says himself :blink:
But, didn't Kimi say if it were up to him, he would want to stay in rally, and that it is not up to him? :p
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 15 Nov 2010, 02:24

SpaMaster,

Webber said in his interview that he will be up for the fight next year, so i think he will keep his seat in RBR for 2011...where does that leave kimi? I think kimi will stay in rally now (esp with his last result being 8th) :(

hubby is right, kimi should return to F1 where his skills are already well developed and clearly, in rally, u need much more experience to fight at this top level. And kimi's speed is not really an advantage in rally since the cars never hit that kind of speed that F1 does. Oh well, life goes on.
The JINX

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Nov 2010, 03:59

Boudica wrote:

IL
:lol:
:lol: :lol: @ "Starting to Ski" comment..
Classic Kimi
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Nov 2010, 04:00

Raikkonen to stay with Citroen?

News14th November 2010
By Charlie Contadeli

Kimi Raikkonen has indicated that his preferred option for 2011 is to remain with the Citroen Junior Team after taking his C4 WRC to eighth place on the Wales Rally GB: his fifth points finish of the year.

“This season has been more or less as I expected it to be,” said the 2007 Formula One World Champion. “We’ve made a few mistakes but we’ve also learned a lot and I had fun driving the Citroen C4 WRC. I would like to carry on: this is my preferred option for 2011.”

So far, Raikkonen has no deal in place for next year, having finished 10th in the World Rally Championship and scored 25 points this year. In total he contested 11 events in the C4 WRC, setting one fastest stage time on the Rallye Deutschland in August.

Citroen Junior Team manager Benoit Nogier said: “One of our objective was to allow Kimi to find out all about the World Rally Championship. He was able to learn at his own pace and I think that this first year has given him the desire to continue in the WRC.”
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/raik ... h_citroen/
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 15 Nov 2010, 04:53

Brenda,
Webber may want to drive because he has not won the WDC. Question is whether Red Bull have any second thoughts about having him considering how much he has spoken against the team.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 15 Nov 2010, 05:47

SpaMaster,

Do u think RBR would do a ferrari and kick webber out? Or maybe his contract dictates that he may be relegated to test-driver depending on certain circumstances? I would think being a test driver may not be a bad thing but if webber keeps score, and he has development input, he may bring the RBR backwards in their development.

He has spoken against the team and in fact, I was quite miffed that he used last night's poor form and scraping the walls and needing to change tires so early in the race to say that it was team strategy, implying he had willingly helped vettel secure the WDC. Just sounded too convenient to me. I dunno if he was celebrating with the crew and with seb as well so I have to reserve judgement.

plus, kimi seems totally set to remain in rally - and is only just waiting to see if he can secure more sponsorship... now I understand why some peopl say there is no distincition between love and hate.
The JINX

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 15 Nov 2010, 05:53

SpaMaster wrote:Brenda,
Webber may want to drive because he has not won the WDC. Question is whether Red Bull have any second thoughts about having him considering how much he has spoken against the team.
no way, if there was 1% chance for Webber to leave RBR it would have been only if he would have won WDC and then say "screw you, I'm WDC , I'll take my no.1 to another team".
This weekend he ate a humble pie by being slower and nowhere near Vettel, his race position didn't influenced Vettel WDC at all.
So, more to believe he will stay there and will be a solid no.2, because Vettel will be faster than him, no chance he will have again those mechanical problems next year.

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 15 Nov 2010, 06:53

but maybe he will drive for other team? :p :n

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 15 Nov 2010, 08:42

although webber did not say he would be with another team, it is also hard to believe that he would want to stay on another year to be a no.2. the thing is he said he woould try again next year, indicating that he would be still in f1 for another season. also, christian was very kind to webber in his post race interview.

it seems webber had been too quick to scream foul on the team, and I dunno if DM would take issue with what webber singlehandedly did to the team and vettel's image in the last couple of months. dunno, it's all a big mess now, no thanks to ferrari in the first place
The JINX

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 15 Nov 2010, 09:31

brendakarli wrote:although webber did not say he would be with another team, it is also hard to believe that he would want to stay on another year to be a no.2. the thing is he said he woould try again next year, indicating that he would be still in f1 for another season. also, christian was very kind to webber in his post race interview.

it seems webber had been too quick to scream foul on the team, and I dunno if DM would take issue with what webber singlehandedly did to the team and vettel's image in the last couple of months. dunno, it's all a big mess now, no thanks to ferrari in the first place
I guess it remains to be seen during the next months because Webber did correct later that sometimes Seb is #2 and sometimes he is #2 depending on how they stand in the championship.

Still the press keeps on repeating his words as a mantra and it's been hell to see how it has stuck - it's like 'Kimi is unmotivated' all over again :<>:

Actually I didn't wish for anyone specific to win, only repeated in my head 'may justice be served' without thinking who deserves justice and who doesn't, I only wanted to see a fair battle.

The Real Champion

To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Iana
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Iana » 15 Nov 2010, 09:49

Wolfie wrote:
brendakarli wrote: The Real Champion

Nicest guy in F1! I'm so happy for him. Flag:##

YiNing
Kart Champion