Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Denorth » 09 Nov 2010, 21:39

as I said before (in discussion with Red): if Seb has to let Mark through it is just becasue he's been not the strongest driver himself. :O
His own fault. Mark is in the position he is - because he managed to drive with better result so far. Go forward Mark!

Red Bull is the team with two heads/bosses. not the team I wish Kimi would be. Luckily he is going to stay in rally.
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

spinster
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by spinster » 09 Nov 2010, 21:44

Denorth wrote:as I said before (in discussion with Red): if Seb has to let Mark through it is just becasue he's been not the strongest driver himself. :O
His own fault. Mark is in the position he is - because he managed to drive with better result so far. Go forward Mark!

Red Bull is the team with two heads/bosses. not the team I wish Kimi would be. Luckily he is going to stay in rally.
not so sure about it...
Don't dream your life...LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!!

bourbon
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by bourbon » 09 Nov 2010, 22:14

spinster wrote:but as said before...if it would be seb dm would't make this statement...
What are you talking about? IT DOES apply to both drivers. Are you so narrowly focused on some scenario in your mind that you don't realize Sebastian may need Mark's help? Imagine this: Seb in 1st, Mark in 4th and Alonso in 5th. Seb would need Mark (no longer in contention) to block for him in order to win. So DM's statement applies to both of the team mates.

But I don't care why he said it. I simply agree with it. I don't want team orders, I want them to just race and let fall what may fall - that is why I like what DM said. Why he said it is unimportant. If an out of contention dude helps another at the end, so be it, but Ferrari and its team orders are horrible and ruin racing. They suck all of the fun out of it, because they destroy the challenge. Let the drivers decide.
what would dm do if next years championship would be between vettelke and kimike?
This issue would not arise at all. If you cannot see that, I don't know what to tell you. Kimi drives fair, works fair, doesn't try to manipulate his team mates or the press and put a ton of pressure on his team mates. He likes to win on merit...because he can. As I say, this would not be a problem at all.
Every mile I have with the Citroen C4 WRC is giving a certain pleasure - Kimi Raikkonen
My ideal is to win the race at the slowest speed possible - Alain Prost
You should just stick with those people who are really there for you - Sebastian Vettel

YiNing
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by YiNing » 09 Nov 2010, 22:48

bourbon wrote:
spinster wrote:but as said before...if it would be seb dm would't make this statement...
What are you talking about? IT DOES apply to both drivers. Are you so narrowly focused on some scenario in your mind that you don't realize Sebastian may need Mark's help? Imagine this: Seb in 1st, Mark in 4th and Alonso in 5th. Seb would need Mark (no longer in contention) to block for him in order to win. So DM's statement applies to both of the team mates.

But I don't care why he said it. I simply agree with it. I don't want team orders, I want them to just race and let fall what may fall - that is why I like what DM said. Why he said it is unimportant. If an out of contention dude helps another at the end, so be it, but Ferrari and its team orders are horrible and ruin racing. They suck all of the fun out of it, because they destroy the challenge. Let the drivers decide.
what would dm do if next years championship would be between vettelke and kimike?
This issue would not arise at all. If you cannot see that, I don't know what to tell you. Kimi drives fair, works fair, doesn't try to manipulate his team mates or the press and put a ton of pressure on his team mates. He likes to win on merit...because he can. As I say, this would not be a problem at all.
I agree with you 100% bourbon, :thumbsup: let them race and may the best driver win

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 10 Nov 2010, 00:14

YiNing wrote: I agree with you 100% bourbon, :thumbsup: let them race and may the best driver win
bourbon! :C: :C:
love DM statement! :thumbsup:
yes, bren, I remember what MW said last year, now he wants SV to help. :zz:

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 10 Nov 2010, 00:31

yeah, people keep saying that DM would demand Mark to lend his support to Vettel if their positions were reversed but they forgot that Mark already rejected the possibility to help Vettel last year. even then, DM did not take Mark's job away from him, so I dunno what Mark is whinging about now...

And I also feel that Mark has been taking swipes at Vettel to the point that Vettel has gone from being generally well-liked to jerk in a matter of months. Did anyone realize Vettel has yet to publicly state how he feels about Mark except for that one time he made that crazy gesture after the crash? People do or say things in the het of the moment and while it has been excusable for webber, it cannot be tolerated for vettel. talk about double standards. He has been the more mature of the 2, keeping quiet and refusing to be drawn into it by the journos like Mark has. And Mark is the older, so supposedly more mature one.
The JINX

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 10 Nov 2010, 08:20

bourbon wrote: The WDC is not a TEAM title, it is an INDIVIDUAL title and will stay with the driver forever.
But people mostly remember WDC driver not WCC, so WDC = PR and Red Bull is all about PR, they aren't only racing team it's also big business :O

I think that if the situation will be like in Brazil, Seb will let Mark go or RB will be stupid :zz:

YiNing
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by YiNing » 10 Nov 2010, 10:03

brendakarli wrote:yeah, people keep saying that DM would demand Mark to lend his support to Vettel if their positions were reversed but they forgot that Mark already rejected the possibility to help Vettel last year. even then, DM did not take Mark's job away from him, so I dunno what Mark is whinging about now...

And I also feel that Mark has been taking swipes at Vettel to the point that Vettel has gone from being generally well-liked to jerk in a matter of months. Did anyone realize Vettel has yet to publicly state how he feels about Mark except for that one time he made that crazy gesture after the crash? People do or say things in the het of the moment and while it has been excusable for webber, it cannot be tolerated for vettel. talk about double standards. He has been the more mature of the 2, keeping quiet and refusing to be drawn into it by the journos like Mark has. And Mark is the older, so supposedly more mature one.
Exactly!! :thumbsup:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 10 Nov 2010, 15:45

I think it´s better to discuss that at this thread
sammyosammy wrote:
Kriss wrote:Kimi's RallyGB preview is up

http://www.kimiraikkonen.com/
Not a word from "learning process" for 2011 Flag:##
But he is talking about some proper holiday! If he was about to return to F1 he would have some testing to do at the end of November :p
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 10 Nov 2010, 15:48

But to me it sounds as if he says goodbye to Citroen! Did anyone else get this feeling?

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 10 Nov 2010, 15:49

I hope the holiday he is talking about is not a permanent holiday :pray:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 10 Nov 2010, 15:49

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:But to me it sounds as if he says goodbye to Citroen! Did anyone else get this feeling?
If you think so, then I will not read his preview :confused: Maybe Kimi thought WRC C4 :roll:: not new DS3 :zz:
I miss a babysitter

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 10 Nov 2010, 15:51

sleenster wrote:I hope the holiday he is talking about is not a permanent holiday :pray:
Me, too! But well I think that he knows more than us and if he was about to retire he wouldn´t talk about holidays, would he? :confused:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 10 Nov 2010, 15:53

Moominpappa wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:But to me it sounds as if he says goodbye to Citroen! Did anyone else get this feeling?
If you think so, then I will not read his preview :confused: Maybe Kimi thought WRC C4 :roll:: not new DS3 :zz:
Hehe please read it :)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 10 Nov 2010, 15:56

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
sleenster wrote:I hope the holiday he is talking about is not a permanent holiday :pray:
Me, too! But well I think that he knows more than us and if he was about to retire he wouldn´t talk about holidays, would he? :confused:
I don't think he plans for it to be a permanent holiday! But we never know what could happen: negotiations might fall through....RBR may keep Webber.....Jenni might have a BBB-word.....