Rally News

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Rally News

Post by sammyosammy » 05 Nov 2010, 16:45

Lunna wrote:
sleenster wrote:Well that is quite a far way away from being signed and confirmed :lol:
And 2012 is such a long time away we don't know what else might happen yet :O
I have this info from the guy who I tend to believe and he sounded to me like it's a done deal. But we'll see. :)
Haa, JH himself? You can´t fool me..

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 05 Nov 2010, 16:53

sammyosammy wrote: Haa, JH himself? You can´t fool me..
:)
But JH is already with them so it will be a logic decision to take him to the factory team.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 07 Nov 2010, 21:40

Just watched WRC Access All Areas on Dave.... Malcolm Wilson said the plan is to run 10 cars next season Image

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 07 Nov 2010, 22:10

sleenster wrote:Just watched WRC Access All Areas on Dave.... Malcolm Wilson said the plan is to run 10 cars next season Image
he has said that amount of 10 cars before but then again i dont think he means that they have all 10 ready to sweden and that they all do all rallies.
this year they have had : 3 main manufacture, 2-3 storbart, munchis 1, monster 1 so there is 8 cars ... and if monster is planning for 2 cars next season the amount of 10 cars doesnt sound so much...

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 07 Nov 2010, 22:16

Julia wrote:
sleenster wrote:Just watched WRC Access All Areas on Dave.... Malcolm Wilson said the plan is to run 10 cars next season Image
he has said that amount of 10 cars before but then again i dont think he means that they have all 10 ready to sweden and that they all do all rallies.
this year they have had : 3 main manufacture, 2-3 storbart, munchis 1, monster 1 so there is 8 cars ... and if monster is planning for 2 cars next season the amount of 10 cars doesnt sound so much...
Compared to how many cars Citroen are running, that's a lot. :blink:

LOL somehow I always forget that Bag Lady is the 3rd driver for Ford

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 07 Nov 2010, 22:44

sleenster wrote:
Julia wrote:

yeah its alot but they have so many tourist who just drives on the rallies for fun or whatever that you forget how many cars they actually have already.

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 07 Nov 2010, 22:49

Julia wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Julia wrote:

yeah its alot but they have so many tourist who just drives on the rallies for fun or whatever that you forget how many cars they actually have already.
Hey.....they are serious rally drivers ok :p I'm sure they would like it very much to hear you calling them tourists :lol: :hug:

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 08 Nov 2010, 22:59

Facebook update: Gerard Quinn (Director of Motorsport, Ford of Europe) LIKES Dani Sordo. (update 1hr ago)

So does that confirm Sordo to Ford next year? :p
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 09 Nov 2010, 00:40

saif wrote:Facebook update: Gerard Quinn (Director of Motorsport, Ford of Europe) LIKES Dani Sordo. (update 1hr ago)

But does Dani Sordo "like" Ford though? :zz: :p

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 09 Nov 2010, 11:31

MTV 3
Finlands rally will be further south next year as the organizers says the rally will have more stages on thursday and stages that are driven only once. On friday the rally will visit the south side of Lahti and on Saturday the rally will concentrate surroundings on Jyväskylä. The full program and route plans are published on 25.02.11.

Flag:## Flag:## That would mean I will definitely be there next year!

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 09 Nov 2010, 12:27

sleenster wrote:
saif wrote:Facebook update: Gerard Quinn (Director of Motorsport, Ford of Europe) LIKES Dani Sordo. (update 1hr ago)

But does Dani Sordo "like" Ford though? :zz: :p

:lol:
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 10 Nov 2010, 16:38

TotalRally podcast tonight....anyone willing to tweet them a question about Dani? :pray:

And I just discovered that I can't listen to the podcast live...it just doesn't work on my computer :<>:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 11 Nov 2010, 18:42

Pirelli considering future WRC return

News11th November 2010
By Giles Wade

Pirelli’s absence from top line rallying will be temporary, company chiefs have insisted prior to the start of Rally GB.

The Italian firm is completing its three-year stint as the official tyre supplier to the World Rally Championship on the Cardiff-based event, which runs from November 11-14.

At a special reception in the Welsh capital earlier today, where approximately 200 guests from the WRC fraternity were in attendance, Pirelli’s rally manager Mario Isola said the firm is already contemplating a future return after it decided against applying to continue as a tyre provider to the WRC next season.

“We will stop and see the new regulation before we decide what to do but we will do some rallies next year at a very high level,” said Isola. “As for the WRC, this is not goodbye.”

Ford team boss Malcolm Wilson used the function to present a bottle of champagne to all of the key members of Pirelli’s WRC operation, including senior engineer Matteo Braga. Olivier Quesnel, Wilson’s Citroen counterpart, gave Isola one of Sebastien Loeb’s crash helmets as a mark of appreciation for Pirelli’s efforts since it secured the control tyre supply deal for the 2008 season.

“I’m very proud of the success we have achieved and would like to thank all the Pirelli staff, not just the people here but the people in the rally department and the factory,” added Isola. “They have been a very important part of a successful experience. Our targets were to produce a tyre that had good puncture resistance and gave good consistency and we managed this even though we only had six months to be ready.”
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/pire ... rc_return/
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 11 Nov 2010, 21:05

Mar, I need your help :pray:

http://www.rallynoticias.com/demo/nivel ... ticia=3224

Don't know how reliable this site is, but does it say that Dani's contract with Ford will be finalized this weekend?

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 11 Nov 2010, 21:15

sleenster wrote:Mar, I need your help :pray:

http://www.rallynoticias.com/demo/nivel ... ticia=3224

Don't know how reliable this site is, but does it say that Dani's contract with Ford will be finalized this weekend?
Looking to the Spanish they’re using, the page seems to be American, provably Argentinean or Chilean. Therefore, I don’t know them and I don’t know how reliable they are.

It says Ford will have no less than 11 cars in Sweden next season:
Two works: Hirvonen and Latvala
Two Monsters: Block and provably Atkinson
Two Stobarts: Wilson and Henning
One semi-works: Al Qassimi

And 3 cars with drivers still to be confirmed:
One could be for Sordo if they seal the deal this weekend
One could be for Ketomaa
The other one could be a surprise.